Matt Porter on Big O show

Advertisement
And if by some miracle he retains his job It's simple, protest season tix and stop buying gear, I definitely won't renew my tix next year if he is still the coach. Start showing them we'll hurt them the most where it's the most painful for them.

I find it worthless to speculate on what exact record gets him back. You have to let it play out. If we lose by 30 to FSU, have some other bad loss to a VT or UVa or something, and the kids look to have quit, the climate around will be so toxic that they don't have a choice.

I keep saying *** is coming back. Fat Manny on QAM said the other day, 6-6 he still keeps his job. Pathetic.
I'm more and more convinced that, 1. Al is ****ing ******, and 2. Al is going to be our coach next year and 3. He was asked if there was more to Michael Barrow leaving to than family reasons, and he said, "I'm going to pass on that" and laughed.

KILL.ME.NOW.

why is this so hard for you all to believe golden isn't going anywhere this year? sure if money was no object maybe they get rid of him but this school has always has to live with its problems a year longer than the big state schools. the economic backing probably will not be enough to allow the university the ability to make the change.
When donations are cut in half, merchandise sales are cut in half, attendance is cut in half, when season ticket sales are cut in half, etc. It will cost MORE to keep Dumbo and co. than to can them!

Like always it comes down to how we finish. Generally at this point, we feel like we are headed to a 10 win season. My guess is we win 5-7 this year. I am so disgusted that I can't just root for my beloved Canes. I was 95% there before GT, 100% now.

Do you proofread your posts before you send them?

Who here remotely thinks this team has ANY chance at a 10 win season? I didn't even think we were a 10 win team before Louisville-- and they've looked more like a 5 win team from the get go.

Advertisement
IF he comes back next year they will lose so much support, the best thing for the university is for him to be let go

This times a million.

Think about this way. We are halfway through the season and 3-3 with embarrassing losses to three teams we are much more talented than and two of our wins are against awful FAMU and Arkansas State. We are literally crashing to the Earth and we haven't even played the tougher part of the schedule and he's already two votes of confidence from Blake James, the alumni players and alumni in general have by and large turned on him, the donors are turning on him, the media is turning on him, the admin by and large doesn't believe in him anymore, and the fans have turned on him. This is coming off a loss to a terrible GT team where regression, poor coaching/planning, and embarrassment were the obvious causes of the losses.

Think how overwhelming the hate towards him will get if the season plays out the way we expect it to. The current state of affairs with the program and attitude towards him will seem lovey-dovey in comparison to the disgust being targeted at him at the end of a 6-6 season with double digit losses to FSU, VT, and Virginia coupled with 3-6 points wins over Cincinnati, UNC, and Pitt. Attendance will be in the toilet and even the on the fence people and the holdouts for him will give up and literally 100% of people involved with the school and football program will want him fired and in our typical fashion we will not be gracious about it.

Anybody saying that he is assured being retained next year is wrong. If the season concludes the way it's progressing, he'll be fired. We've seen it happen with his two predecessors.

Last edited:
If this team goes 6-6 or even 7-5 Al is gone. W/ the amount of donor money this University will lose and the amount of bad press they would receive, they would have no choice.

Remember that article a little while back saying a former UM staffer called the new scheme retarded? Who else could it have been but Barrow?

POST! POST! POST! POST! POST!

Linky Now!!!!!!

### One staffer who has worked with D’Onofrio at UM said his system is too complicated for some players.
One example: Because the defensive ends are sometimes asked to switch sides during a game, they must study the offensive linemen on both sides, not just one. “That’s too much to ask of college students,” one source said, adding it doesn’t even help that much.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...planation-dolphins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

If he's gonna get fired, I hope like **** he does, why wait? Having him as coach is like having Jethro Bodine head up NASA. This is amazing! Now I know why Michael Jackson wanted to be white! I don't go to church anymore because I realized the only people that need to be praising ol god was white people. Y'all the ****!

Advertisement
Porter will be back on Big O tomorrow to give some details about Barrow. Stay tuned...

No he's not bro..that was tongue and cheek and Matt was trying to be polite by saying 2 mins wouldn't be enough time. Matt aint coming clean on Barrow, if he was he would have done it right there. SMH

The nail in Randy's coffin was the blowout loss to FSU at home.....I think we will see the same thing here.
Nah, FSU was an embarrassment but not the nail in the coffin. The nail in the coffin was USF. Still what the OP said might end up being correct, when has this administration ever done the right thing? I am freaking out that Al will be retained, and yes I believe then the locals in Miami should have every right to be ****ed off because it would reek of racism. The local guy who won ships and has been a figure head in the Miami community gets fired after year 4, but a white guy from Jersey who has been just as bad through 4 years gets to stay??????

I thought I would never see the day where I said this, but if this happens it will be the first time Im cheering for Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to show up........

If he goes 6-6 and DOESN'T get fired....I'm contacting the Reverend Al Sharpton himself.

Whatever it takes at this point. The deed must be done...he cannot be allowed to return.

Big 0 is a good soldier in the Folden crushing, but he has no idea what's going to happen. He's just being a pessimist.

There's not a chance in **** Folden survives this season. The negativity is at a fever pitch, and we're only half-way through the season. There's no way that this turns around in his favor. It's only going to get worse.

Advertisement
Think about this way. We are halfway through the season and 3-3 with embarrassing losses to three teams we are much more talented than

True freshman quarterback. if that was such a brilliant idea half the country would be doing it. I thought we would out score Georgia Tech but it's absurd to call loses at Louisville and at Nebraska "embarrassing" when we were underdogs by 4+ points in both games, and using that true freshman quarterback.

The quarterback situation was lousy this year. Obviously that's Golden's doing. When you are stuck with either a journeyman like Williams, another journeyman like Heaps, or one of several young guys who have never played in college, it's difficult to have high expectations. I thought most Canes boards were reasonable this year in not anticipating a breakout year. When you evaluate all the quarterbacks and decide Kaaya is the choice, that may be proper given long term boost for him but it naturally aligns with early losses, especially on the road. I mentioned the influential betting outfit that has been opposing the Canes on the road because we are using a true freshman quarterback.

Also, it's not true there wouldn't be anticipation next season, even if Golden is retained. Kaaya will have a year under his belt. Let's say recruiting goes well. Once spring practice rolls around there will be the same focus as always, with happy adjustments and overreaction in both directions. Not everybody will be stuck in the previous October or November, whining. That's simply the way it works. I remember the laughable assertions on Dolphin sites last year that Jonathan Martin was such a wimp that no team would ever give him a workout or want him in their building. Now he's starting for the 49ers. Big shock, a football player playing football. Next spring and offseason will be no different, even if Golden is coach, with football fans analyzing their favorite team. Another big shock.

Golden will be fired the morning following his loss to FSU. I trully believe they are going to do him, like he did them when he talked to Penn State. Silent and brutal.

Think about this way. We are halfway through the season and 3-3 with embarrassing losses to three teams we are much more talented than

True freshman quarterback. if that was such a brilliant idea half the country would be doing it. I thought we would out score Georgia Tech but it's absurd to call loses at Louisville and at Nebraska "embarrassing" when we were underdogs by 4+ points in both games, and using that true freshman quarterback.

So forget that Golden is the sole reason we were underdogs in those games? Or that coaching scared cost him both wins?

Advertisement
no confidence in anything at this point involving my favorite school/team. Really just sad that we are at this point. The people in charge as well as the coaches should be brought up on grand theft charges. They getting all that money but putting out JV peewee results. ******* unbelievable

Golden will be fired the morning following his loss to FSU. I trully believe they are going to do him, like he did them when he talked to Penn State. Silent and brutal.

I hope you are correct...but nothing anyone at UM has done leads me to this conclusion.

IF he comes back next year they will lose so much support, the best thing for the university is for him to be let go

This times a million.

Think about this way. We are halfway through the season and 3-3 with embarrassing losses to three teams we are much more talented than and two of our wins are against awful FAMU and Arkansas State. We are literally crashing to the Earth and we haven't even played the tougher part of the schedule and he's already two votes of confidence from Blake James, the alumni players and alumni in general have by and large turned on him, the donors are turning on him, the media is turning on him, the admin by and large doesn't believe in him anymore, and the fans have turned on him. This is coming off a loss to a terrible GT team where regression, poor coaching/planning, and embarrassment were the obvious causes of the losses.

Think how overwhelming the hate towards him will get if the season plays out the way we expect it to. The current state of affairs with the program and attitude towards him will seem lovey-dovey in comparison to the disgust being targeted at him at the end of a 6-6 season with double digit losses to FSU, VT, and Virginia coupled with 3-6 points wins over Cincinnati, UNC, and Pitt. Attendance will be in the toilet and even the on the fence people and the holdouts for him will give up and literally 100% of people involved with the school and football program will want him fired and in our typical fashion we will not be gracious about it.

Anybody saying that he is assured being retained next year is wrong. If the season concludes the way it's progressing, he'll be fired. We've seen it happen with his two predecessors.

This.

we are 1-3 this year plain and simple. We are a lock to lose to VT and F$U, with the latter shaping up to be an epic fail on our own field. For perspective, look how much this whole thing has escalated since week 1. In 5 weeks the rumor mill is going to be going nuts, the pressure for UM to make a move will be too much. He is a dead man walking, and I'd be willing to bet he will lose the players forever at some point during the 3rd Q vs the noles. After getting blasted by them in poor fashion the wheels will be in motion. And does anyone think we skate through UNC, Pitt and Virginia? I see at least one loss in there and no easy/pretty wins.

all of that will be too much. Guy is done, just sit back relax and enjoy.

"kick off your shoes and relax ya feet...party on down to the xscape beat..."

The quarterback situation was lousy this year. Obviously that's Golden's doing. When you are stuck with either a journeyman like Williams, another journeyman like Heaps, or one of several young guys who have never played in college, it's difficult to have high expectations. I thought most Canes boards were reasonable this year in not anticipating a breakout year. When you evaluate all the quarterbacks and decide Kaaya is the choice, that may be proper given long term boost for him but it naturally aligns with early losses, especially on the road. I mentioned the influential betting outfit that has been opposing the Canes on the road because we are using a true freshman quarterback.

Also, it's not true there wouldn't be anticipation next season, even if Golden is retained. Kaaya will have a year under his belt. Let's say recruiting goes well. Once spring practice rolls around there will be the same focus as always, with happy adjustments and overreaction in both directions. Not everybody will be stuck in the previous October or November, whining. That's simply the way it works. I remember the laughable assertions on Dolphin sites last year that Jonathan Martin was such a wimp that no team would ever give him a workout or want him in their building. Now he's starting for the 49ers. Big shock, a football player playing football. Next spring and offseason will be no different, even if Golden is coach, with football fans analyzing their favorite team. Another big shock.

That " freshmen qb " played good enough to win Neb game, but once again Al's ****** D was raped

Advertisement
Back