Matt Lee to the league..

Advertisement
Sad Doctor Who GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know what, good for him. He gave us a year and he deserves whatever comes his way. Solid player and what I liked about him even more than his play, he has heart. Every game mattered to this young man and it will lead to a life of success.

It sucked losing Cormani McLain last year but I always thought Conner Lew and Jaden Rashada were bigger losses.

You ain't wrong. I guess we need to get an aviation program to entice all the stud centers to enroll with us. :cool:

Lew was really good with Auburn, but Matt Lee was better for us this year. I'm high on Nino and I think he will be multiple time all-ACC as a Cane. Not sure what happens this year if Nino comes in needing time to develop, who will be C for us. I think coming from such a small school and not having competition like he would in TX or FL means he will probably look outmatched early in camp, but hoping he can catch on quick.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him start as a freshman.

Definitely a Day 3 guy. Probably late, too. But can definitely see him making a roster. Maybe PS early with a team that has a plan for him. I like him a lot...its just the NFL is a jump. idk if this guy is taking on Dexter Lawrence or Grady Jarrett any time soon.

DeForrest Buckner is gigantic. There are levels to this.

Congrats to Matt. Wish him well. Don't underestimate Antonio Tripp as a center for us in the future. Maybe not next year but his time is coming sooner than most expect.

Advertisement
He’s been in college football for five years. How long before you think someone is “ready”?
Why waist the opportunity to be better, you don’t rush your formation to greatness.
It wouldn’t have hurt him it would have help him to reach a level that he never knew he had .

Like taking a cake out of the oven early it just not the same as fully cooked.

It is what it is , he’ll make it but his perseverance and willingness to make up ground to be tested and the road is a little harder now.

We all need the road less traveled cutting corners has a price that will always have to be paid.

Again Matt and LT type early entries will make a team but the reality of where they are at will be eye opening experience beyond there expectations.

A little more time in formation only makes you better , that’s all never ever waist it .

GOCANES

Last edited:
Is Ryan Rodriguez still on the team?
He for some reason hasn’t panned out as his accolades from high school.
I think played (3) snaps this year , he has some good size but he gave the coaches a reason to pick up Matt .

Ryan has a second chance to excel and start well if he chooses mediocrity of a fill in player or be a starter.

No signs of his choice yet .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Is Ryan Rodriguez still on the team?
Just sharing:

Unless a player lays claim to his expectations early it’s so hard to achieve later.

My first day in pads , I looked around to locate the veteran starters and made sure I got in there grill on the onset of practice.

I made sure we made physical contact in drills counting there position in line and making sure to STICK them hard every chance I got no matter the SLOBBER from my nose after getting my bell run scrambled.

Everyone knew the fight was on to take there position, it raised both our games to new heights and benefited our team.

This went on till coaches always called my name to the join in with the starters in running O and D players.

I didn’t allow anyone / coaches to make my decisions I made ther decision for them.

It’s not rocket science it’s a CHOICE

GOCANES

Why waist the opportunity to be better, you don’t rush your formation to greatness.
It wouldn’t have hurt him it would have help him to reach a level that he never knew he had .

Like taking a cake out of the oven early it just not the same as fully cooked.

It is what it is , he’ll make it but his perseverance and willingness to make up ground to be tested and the road is a little harder now.

We all need the road less traveled cutting corners has a price that will always have to be paid.

Again Matt and LT type early entries will make a team but the reality of where they are at will be eye opening experience beyond there expectations.

A little more time in formation only makes you better , that’s all never ever waist it .

GOCANES
There’s a certain point where a player has reached their maximum potential and staying in school for another year isn’t going to increase his odds of getting drafted earlier. If after 5 years of college football, the NFL sees you as a late round pick, staying for a sixth year isn’t going to make a difference. If anything sticking around longer might hurt his value because the NFL isn’t crazy about drafting 24 year old players.

There’s a certain point where a player has reached their maximum potential and staying in school for another year isn’t going to increase his odds of getting drafted earlier. If after 5 years of college football, the NFL sees you as a late round pick, staying for a sixth year isn’t going to make a difference. If anything sticking around longer might hurt his value because the NFL isn’t crazy about drafting 24 year old players.
You raise some good points 🎯

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back