Matt Joeckel Availiable On Waiver Wire

Advertisement
I want to start one that we have. We will have four scholarship QBs from this staff. Let's find out if they have been able to recruit a QB.

They're FRESHMAN. They could be studs, they could be busts but they're young and inexperienced. At the very least, bring in an elder statesman who has seen some action. He never has to play.

People forget that Williams was likely the starter before the injury.

I agree with that, but if you give Al a senior he will play said senior regardless of anything else. I want to know if we have a coach. If none of these kids can play QB then Al, Mark, and Coley have to go. Period. Losing a transfer to injury who was not good enough to replace a cripple last year is not justification for a pass for the staff this year. If we do not have a Miami level QB now, then staff must go. We have to have QBs and DTs. Smoke and mirrors and abundant So Fl talent can make up for the rest of the positions, but QB and DT must have the right guys. We know staff's difficulty with DTs, the hope that they recruited well at QB the last two years is all they have going for them.

Russell Wilson was an exception. Otherwise, there are obvious reasons a QB lands on the waiver wire.

Yeap. Wasn't Wilson actually the starter at NCS? In fact wasn't he All ACC as a true freshman? All these other wire guys are kids that could not get the starting job. Wilson is everyone's poster child for everything. If fact he is an exception that everyone whishes they could be. If Russell Wilson is out there then fine, bring him in. What starting all conference QB with his degree is looking to transfer? Any?

Why does every QB transferring have to come to us. we are fine on what we have.

I agree. ZERO combined attempts between the healthy players, what more could you want?

Jamies Winston and Johnny Manzeil have 0 Combined Attempts there reshirt freshman year too.

So we're saved. Two guys did in the past, so we're gold. Google outlier.

Not saying that it's an ideal situation to a qb with 0 attempts but there have been a plethora of freshman qbs that come in and do a great job in the history of college football.

Advertisement
After wht i saw live @ Spring game...I'll bring in one guy with a few throws under his belt. To atleast compete with Gray Crown because if Olsen goes down....our offense will be of the techmo bowl variety...as they dont run much of it for Crow.(Who didnt look that bad in spring game)..

The walkons cant throw farther than 10 yds.....and Kayaa is a kid i would like to shirt...so i'd bring in a guy to compete for ONE year...a sr that graduated.

I want to start one that we have. We will have four scholarship QBs from this staff. Let's find out if they have been able to recruit a QB.

They're FRESHMAN. They could be studs, they could be busts but they're young and inexperienced. At the very least, bring in an elder statesman who has seen some action. He never has to play.

I agree with that, but if you give Al a senior he will play said senior regardless of anything else.

What is wrong with starting a Senior with experience at QB?

I think you're inferring that Al would rather play his guy than the best guy? Is that right?

Advertisement
Why does every QB transferring have to come to us. we are fine on what we have.

I agree. ZERO combined attempts between the healthy players, what more could you want?

Jamies Winston and Johnny Manzeil have 0 Combined Attempts there reshirt freshman year too.

So we're saved. Two guys did in the past, so we're gold. Google outlier.

Not saying that it's an ideal situation to a qb with 0 attempts but there have been a plethora of freshman qbs that come in and do a great job in the history of college football.

There have been some, there have been a ton that have not done anything productive as freshman too. Outliers.

Remember when Greg Paulus played QB for Syracuse?

214.jpg

That was awesome. Should have stuck to basketball....

215.jpg

LMAO

This guy is running from a Soph, and a True freshman. Yet dudes want him here.

Advertisement
Let's not give Al a senior QB to fixate on, please! We know from last year that whoever the heck it is will never get pulled no matter how bad they play. Go with our ships--there will be 4. With no senior now, maybe we will get to see a 2nd or 3rd if the 1st one stinks. Didn't I hear Al say he didn't make the travel squad until senior year? If that is true then man could have a mental condition about young talent playing over seniors getting their last chance. I think it is Olsen or sink this year. True freshman starter is a fairytale-- or nightmare. None of our NC QBs started as freshmen. Which one of those do any of us think Kaaya is better than? I love the kid but really? Don't get me wrong, if Olsen smells it up and Crow falls flat, then go with the kids--either or both. Just don't get into denial mode like Al is on his defense. Oh crap, I was trying to give up picking on staff for Lent. Well almost made it.

Let's not give Al? Like we have any discretion in the matter.

This is really a bad post. It has nothing to do with the defense, or Al playing at Penn State or other NC QB not-starting as freshman...it has to do with putting in a QB who gives us the best chance of winning games. That is all.

With the 5th year senior going down, it would be great to have someone with ACTUAL experience on the roster even if he is just a backup. That is all. I want to win NOW. If this QBs on our roster are not capable of winning now, than bring in someone else.

We disagree at a fundamental point. I want to win NCs and return to glory, not win some games. There are serious questions about this staff that must be answered. Do we have a up and coming new breed HC who will carry us to glory again, but was delayed because of ncaa? Or do we in fact have a really good used car salesman who is in over his head?

There is so much I love about Golden, but last year finish shook my confidence to the core. We are in year four. If he does not have a decent QB on this team for his recruiting classes, he simply must go. We cannot live without a good QB. This year is judgment time for Al. Howard said year ago that the ONLY thing standing between Miami and greatness was coaching! He proved that true. This team is not a good QB away from winning a NC, it is a good coach away from it! The most important element for us to win is our coaching. It is in question at best. We need that answer and we need it now.

Advertisement

I agree with that, but if you give Al a senior he will play said senior regardless of anything else.

What is wrong with starting a Senior with experience at QB?

I think you're inferring that Al would rather play his guy than the best guy? Is that right?

These are all Al's guys. I saw him play a crippled senior last year who was in obvious trouble. Mind you, Morris is from my high school and I loved a Spartan being the starting QB at my university. I liked Williams and had no problem with him starting this year--heck I thought he should have started last year after Morris was clearly hurt. Problem is that Al didn't think he was good enough a couple months ago to get the call over a crippled QB. Then suddenly he was the immediate starter. Al play J12, who was not his guy. "My guy" is not the thing that I think guides Al's decisions. But everyone has decision protocols, whether they know it or not. That includes Al. Of course he starts the guy he thinks gives him the best shot at winning. EVERY coach does. My question is how he comes to that conclusion. To deny that he leans toward seniors is to ignore his actions. Al clearly believes his way is the right way and stubbornly sticks to it. That is fantastic IF he is right. I want to know this year if he can recruit, by that I mean has he recruited a winning QB. If he hasn't, he must go. HC and QB are always tied at the hip. No QB, get gone. Finding that out is more important than winning 10 games this year and Al claiming progress. If he has recruited a good QB, then I am prepared to wait for him to figure out how to recruit DTs and that his defense will not work here. Every decent coach we have had recruited at least one go QB. The coaches who did not, sucked and got fired.

These are all Al's guys. I saw him play a crippled senior last year who was in obvious trouble. Mind you, Morris is from my high school and I loved a Spartan being the starting QB at my university. I liked Williams and had no problem with him starting this year--heck I thought he should have started last year after Morris was clearly hurt. Problem is that Al didn't think he was good enough a couple months ago to get the call over a crippled QB. Then suddenly he was the immediate starter. Al play J12, who was not his guy. "My guy" is not the thing that I think guides Al's decisions. But everyone has decision protocols, whether they know it or not. That includes Al. Of course he starts the guy he thinks gives him the best shot at winning. EVERY coach does. My question is how he comes to that conclusion. To deny that he leans toward seniors is to ignore his actions. Al clearly believes his way is the right way and stubbornly sticks to it. That is fantastic IF he is right. I want to know this year if he can recruit, by that I mean has he recruited a winning QB. If he hasn't, he must go. HC and QB are always tied at the hip. No QB, get gone. Finding that out is more important than winning 10 games this year and Al claiming progress. If he has recruited a good QB, then I am prepared to wait for him to figure out how to recruit DTs and that his defense will not work here. Every decent coach we have had recruited at least one go QB. The coaches who did not, sucked and got fired.

Right and there has never been a backup QB come in and start after riding the pine the prior year and out do the prior starter.

How can there be this much of a disconnect?

We disagree at a fundamental point. I want to win NCs and return to glory, not win some games.

You got me, I don't want to win NCs...I only want to win some games.

I don't think you understand what I am posting. It may be better to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back