Matt Joeckel Availiable On Waiver Wire

btcane

Sophomore
Texas A & M backup to Johnie Football. Already graduated & can play this year. Possible caretaker?

Advertisement
Considering we don't have a QB who has been in a college football system for long then 2 years then yes we might need to look into this kid.

Advertisement
Lol at this "waiver wire" BS...... Odonell was a once in a blue legit baller who decided to transfer and was eligible right away even though he punted.

I want to start one that we have. We will have four scholarship QBs from this staff. Let's find out if they have been able to recruit a QB. If Kaaya can't cut it then we can lump Coley(A OC that is supposed to be great recruiter has to hit his QB recruits) in with Mark and Al and make a clean sweep. We not only need a QB this year, we NEED it to be one we have recruited not picked up off the trash heap. Staff has already proved it has huge problems recruiting DTs, if it has not gotten a QB in four classes, they just have to go! DT and QB are what matter the most. On the plus side, at least none of our QBs are serial rapists.

Lol at this "waiver wire" BS...... Odonell was a once in a blue legit baller who decided to transfer and was eligible right away even though he punted.

Russell Wilson transferred from NCST to Wisconsin for his final year. The "waiver wire" is legit and should be utilized.

[video=youtube;3kxmEJBOL6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kxmEJBOL6c[/video]

Golden should make a run at this guy.

Advertisement
Not one snap under center. No thanks. These spread or shotgun QBs have a huge adjustment curve when going to a Pro style offense. Pass. Give me Olsen and Kayaa all day. He would be like a freshman here. We already have that. I don't see the value.

Pass on this guy and go balls to wall for USC departing QB Max Wittek if UM is willing to take a waver wire QB.

Go Canes

Pass on this guy and go balls to wall for USC departing QB Max Wittek if UM is willing to take a waver wire QB.

Go Canes

Max Wittek blows ***.

He's terribly inaccurate and can't read a defense to save his fat-****sucking life.

If you're going to go with Wittek, you might as well go with KO. At least one of those is going to be around for more than 6-months.

Advertisement
I want to start one that we have. We will have four scholarship QBs from this staff. Let's find out if they have been able to recruit a QB.

They're FRESHMAN. They could be studs, they could be busts but they're young and inexperienced. At the very least, bring in an elder statesman who has seen some action. He never has to play.

People forget that Williams was likely the starter before the injury.

Advertisement
Let's not give Al a senior QB to fixate on, please! We know from last year that whoever the heck it is will never get pulled no matter how bad they play. Go with our ships--there will be 4. With no senior now, maybe we will get to see a 2nd or 3rd if the 1st one stinks. Didn't I hear Al say he didn't make the travel squad until senior year? If that is true then man could have a mental condition about young talent playing over seniors getting their last chance. I think it is Olsen or sink this year. True freshman starter is a fairytale-- or nightmare. None of our NC QBs started as freshmen. Which one of those do any of us think Kaaya is better than? I love the kid but really? Don't get me wrong, if Olsen smells it up and Crow falls flat, then go with the kids--either or both. Just don't get into denial mode like Al is on his defense. Oh crap, I was trying to give up picking on staff for Lent. Well almost made it.

Russell Wilson was an exception. Otherwise, there are obvious reasons a QB lands on the waiver wire.

Let's not give Al a senior QB to fixate on, please! We know from last year that whoever the heck it is will never get pulled no matter how bad they play. Go with our ships--there will be 4. With no senior now, maybe we will get to see a 2nd or 3rd if the 1st one stinks. Didn't I hear Al say he didn't make the travel squad until senior year? If that is true then man could have a mental condition about young talent playing over seniors getting their last chance. I think it is Olsen or sink this year. True freshman starter is a fairytale-- or nightmare. None of our NC QBs started as freshmen. Which one of those do any of us think Kaaya is better than? I love the kid but really? Don't get me wrong, if Olsen smells it up and Crow falls flat, then go with the kids--either or both. Just don't get into denial mode like Al is on his defense. Oh crap, I was trying to give up picking on staff for Lent. Well almost made it.

Let's not give Al? Like we have any discretion in the matter.

This is really a bad post. It has nothing to do with the defense, or Al playing at Penn State or other NC QB not-starting as freshman...it has to do with putting in a QB who gives us the best chance of winning games. That is all.

With the 5th year senior going down, it would be great to have someone with ACTUAL experience on the roster even if he is just a backup. That is all. I want to win NOW. If this QBs on our roster are not capable of winning now, than bring in someone else.

Last edited:
Russell Wilson was an exception. Otherwise, there are obvious reasons a QB lands on the waiver wire.
That's too simplistic an answer.

yes they could be scrubs.

but that's not the question, perhaps they couldn't beat out "their" guy for the job, but that doesn't mean necessarily that they couldn't beat out "our guy" for our job. Some are really good stacked behind even better. And others just suck and couldn't compete.

Every situation is different.

Advertisement
Back