Matt Canada For OC Please!

Advertisement
I have a crystal ball prediction that he stays as head coach or myer needs to be at Maryland cause John Hopkins has some migraine and neurosurgery guru that he needs to see

Advertisement
Before you guys post any further on Matt Canada because you saw a few ESPN highlights, go dive into their season and how it’s played out.

Guy was atrocious last year with LSU, but they are 98th in offense this year. I’m starting to think that this guy has had seven jobs in 12 years because he can talk his way in and has one game he can fall back on.

Their passing attack has been 10x worse than ours and they only occasionally run the ball well. It isn’t from lack of athletes, playmakers, or even QBs either.

Don’t know how this guy keeps getting brought up but I’ll take someone else.

Before you guys post any further on Matt Canada because you saw a few ESPN highlights, go dive into their season and how it’s played out.

Guy was atrocious last year with LSU, but they are 98th in offense this year. I’m starting to think that this guy has had seven jobs in 12 years because he can talk his way in and has one game he can fall back on.

Their passing attack has been 10x worse than ours and they only occasionally run the ball well. It isn’t from lack of athletes, playmakers, or even QBs either.

Don’t know how this guy keeps getting brought up but I’ll take someone else.

You know the great Nick Saban or name a successful coach of your choice might not have the resume or success that you think they had before they got into the right coaching situation. Pay attention to what he is doing with the players he has and have had i.e Pitt and you should be able to have a vision of how it might work out better with our players. Plain and simple he is about players first and building his scheme around that, rather then fitting a square into a round hole ( of scheme first). At LSU there was a rift with the HC who thought he should have been running an offense that he wanted versus what Canada thought the personnel could run.

Maryland has some good players true but if you watch their QB any success they have with him throwing the ball, they are overachieving in that category. He might night even be better than Rosier as a passer.

Creativity with a vision is how you get ahead and stay ahead in big time offensive football and Canada has those traits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt on hotseat will make it difficult to find a good OC. Very few quality OCs will move here for just 1 season...

Lol at Richt’s seat being remotely hot. Dude is cool as a cucumber. Our AD doesn’t give two ***** about winning. Who’s going to fire Richt?

He impressed me at Pitt two years ago with that bum Nate Pederman at QB and only one actual weapon on offense, James Connor.

Advertisement
Please pump the breaks on Matt Canada as our OC.

* 3 years ago he was fired as the OC at NC State
* he landed at Pitt and had one good year
* he jumped to LSU for the big $ and was a disaster. Ed O dismissed him after conferring with Lane Kiffin. They ridiculed his needlessly complex shifts and motions. Didn’t work on the Bayou.
* he landed at Maryland and was immediately promoted to interim HC when DJ Durkin was suspended. Nice job in that role. But, he will probably get fired again when they pick a new HC (Ryan Day or Greg Schiano of Ohio St.?)
* he will then be seeking his 5th job in 5 years. Yikes!

Canada is not our savior.

Advertisement
Back