Matt Canada For OC Please!

Advertisement
Canada has always struggled with authority - he has to have control of the offense. No way he would gel with Richt. Richt would never let anyone have the level of control that Canada demands. Not one iota of a chance

F-that....Give me Yost, and call it a day...Implement his system with the playmakers we have, and the recruiting will pick up tenfold...Combine that with Diaz and now Playoff's can atleast enter our minds.

Panic hire. You guys call out Richt's history but fail to confer with the LSU Tigers fans that hated him. Learn from history. Don't repeat it.

Advertisement
By the logic that some of you are using Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, Chud, Butch, or none of the coaches y’all crave would have ever come here. Look at their resumes, they were not necessarily killing it at their stops before here, but being able to project how to use personnel, coaching style, and adaptability is what made us gravitate to them and hire them. Canada’s coaching philosophy is about adapting to players and building a scheme around them. The previous stop for a coach does not always indicate his success or what he can do at his next coaching stop especially when moving around in P5 conferences. Canada would do well here with our athletes and I’m betting he will not get the Maryland HC job.

For the ones who try to use his past coaching stints as a negative, use that same logic for Nick Saban because he shouldn’t have been the HC at LSU or Bama then. Kendal Briles has had 3 OC jobs in 3 year but its ok ( and I like him as an option as well).

Use your eyes and look how Canada uses his personnel and scheme if you can’t project how that would look with our athletes, then I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe you lack the ability to project or have a vision of how our personnel would thrive in some concepts.

Just hope cmr during the second half of va tech realises the offensive scheme that suits us best.If not doesn't matter who is hired as oc.cmr will keep it his way.

With Mike Locksley getting the Maryland HC job, like I originally thought Canada will be available. I like Dillingham as a candidate, but Canada should be considered and contacted as well. It can’t hurt to put out multiple fillers in order to have mutiple options. If we making a move we need to at least put something in place behind the scene while the party is still ongoing, instead of waiting until its over.

Advertisement
What am I missing?

I did a quick look at him and in the last 10 years or so his highest rated offense was 38th. The rest were down in the 50s or worse.

**** this guy. We have a million a year apparently. Go pluck a hotshot from a smaller school that’s put up top 10 offenses.

Manny Diaz also got fired from Texas once upon a time. We shouln’t have given him a chance to coach here off of that merit. I will take those jet sweeps over what we currently have. Plus when those jet sweeps were killing us when he was at Pitt, I’m sure most people were upset that they were working

What am I missing?

I did a quick look at him and in the last 10 years or so his highest rated offense was 38th. The rest were down in the 50s or worse.

**** this guy. We have a million a year apparently. Go pluck a hotshot from a smaller school that’s put up top 10 offenses.

Sometimes you have to zig while everyone else zags, that’s how you get ahead. Right now we are going straight, so anything is better than the status quo. His philosophy is what makes him attractive “adapt offense to personnel (period).”

Advertisement
Canada has been fired twice. Once at NC State by Doeren (who he made his name under at N Illinois) and at LSU. He also is a QB coach but hasn’t developed any QBs That said I don’t think he’s worked with talent comparable to Kosi and Jarren and I **** sure like his power running game he shoved up Schianos ***. I would also love to see what he would do with jet motion with our speed. If he was OC this year we are probably playing in the orange bowl.

Canada has been fired twice. Once at NC State by Doeren (who he made his name under at N Illinois) and at LSU. He also is a QB coach but hasn’t developed any QBs That said I don’t think he’s worked with talent comparable to Kosi and Jarren and I **** sure like his power running game he shoved up Schianos ***. I would also love to see what he would do with jet motion with our speed. If he was OC this year we are probably playing in the orange bowl.

Didn’t he coach up Peterman one year at Pitt? Canada accounted for 450 and 40+ points against Clemson at home in 2016.

Dude just doesn’t stay in one place for very long.

I’m sure you have heard of QB Nathan Michael Peterman. Canada is the reason he is in the NFL, although he probably shouldn’t be lol. The 2016 year he had at Pitt with Canada as OC got him to the NFL and the win against eventual National Champions Clemson that same year probably didn’t hurt either.

Advertisement
We can ask for Matt Canada, Australia, Russia etc etc. Canada will not be at the University of Miami. Richt wants to control the show and will be our play caller next year. Yeah it sucks ***.

We need to make a move now if we plan on getting any decent OC on the market. Canada and Dillingham were my top two realistic choices to come in and fix the circus we have on offense. Dillingham is off the board now, so our time is running out. Our AD and HC are just to passive right now, waiting for the perfect time to make a change if any and unfortunately it just don’t work like that. We sheep in a wolf’s world!

Bump!

After tonight’s performance and Blake’s statement.
He is one of the few OC names who is still available.
Lets make a move.

Advertisement
Back