Matchups you're most looking forward to in UF game

Man Henderson can guard JT one on one. I would even try to throw anything long on CJ. We can throw bubbles screens and runs towards him tho his tackling is suspect.

CJ Henderson is NOT a lockdown man to man corner. If he guards JT4 1 on 1 he will get cooked more times than not. He’s fast and covers a lot of ground but makes most of his plays in zone coverage. Nobody in college football is locking down JT4 man to man with a QB who can deliver an accurate pass and a line who gives him time to do so.

Advertisement
JT vs CJ. both of them have qualify speed and skilled. And the Gators are going to leave CJ on a island with him. Should be a fun to watch

You HAVE TO bracket Thomas with a safety to contain him.

We can only pray Grantham is foolish enough to leave him on an island.

If he does, we will be up 14-0 before the cheerleaders start sweating.

He did not run woodshed vs Miami...

22 rushes 125 yards. 50 of that came on 1 run from a bust of a play
Come on Brock. You can't look at it like that. Almost any RB on any level that has a 100 yd game has had at least one run where he's broken out. And if he's had several it's probably a 200 yd game. And let's not forget they took it easy on us the second half.

Having said that, I don't think they'll run roughshod over us. It'll all depend on the DT play. If they play good, we have experience LBs to make plays behind them.

I'm more concerned about our OL play, particularly whoever we line up at LT. Despite their losses, they'll have someone athletic over him and try to bring pressure from that side on passing downs. Particularly breaking in a new offense with inexperienced QBs, how we handle that will determine how successful we'll be offensively.

Last edited:
CJ Henderson is NOT a lockdown man to man corner. If he guards JT4 1 on 1 he will get cooked more times than not. He’s fast and covers a lot of ground but makes most of his plays in zone coverage. Nobody in college football is locking down JT4 man to man with a QB who can deliver an accurate pass and a line who gives him time to do so.

Please, please, please let their dc think he can get away with that.

Might be 48-13 win for the good guys instead of 34-13.

Advertisement
Man, I have no dog in the QB race whatsoever, but with Florida breaking in new safeties who will be way too preoccupied with Brevin and Mallory, it would be nice to have Kosi out there throwing bombs to our wide receivers streaking down the sideline with no safety help up top.

Man, I have no dog in the QB race whatsoever, but with Florida breaking in new safeties who will be way too preoccupied with Brevin and Mallory, it would be nice to have Kosi out there throwing bombs to our wide receivers streaking down the sideline with no safety help up top.
We'll have to have a QB accurate enough to hit Mallory and Jordan first. Here's hoping at least one of them can do that.

Advertisement
There’s not one corner in cfb that can stay man 2 man with Thomas . Nobody....that includes Henderson.

Thomas was murdering Clemson db’s ( while giving a cushion) in the acccg. But Rosier kept throwing the ball oob’s, even though JT had left them 5-10 yards behind.

Thomas’s breaks in and out of routes are maybe the best I’ve seen at um. It’s unreal to watch.

So if UF wants to play zero coverage behind Henderson that’ll be a win.

Last edited:
That's what's missing in all of these hypotheses. Bombs to JT and hitting Brevin up the seam sounds great but someone has to prove that they can get them thr ball first.
Yep. Without an accurate QB, it just doesn't matter how open someone is, or how great the play call was.

We'll have to have a QB accurate enough to hit Mallory and Jordan first. Here's hoping at least one of them can do that.
No doubt. And I don't mean I want Kosi to win because he's got the biggest arm, I meant it more as it would be nice if Kosi wins the QB race (and thus is our best qb) because then we get the added benefit of him having the biggest arm.

Advertisement
No doubt. And I don't mean I want Kosi to win because he's got the biggest arm, I meant it more as it would be nice if Kosi wins the QB race (and thus is our best qb) because then we get the added benefit of him having the biggest arm.
True, he does. In a perfect world, the strongest armed QB is also the most accurate. The biggest thing to me is just getting a guy with good timing and decision making. A well timed 40 yard pass is just as deadly as a 60 yard pass.

Got to see it in a game because i wasn’t impressed with arm strength at all in some of throws he was making

Got to see it in a game because i wasn’t impressed with arm strength at all in some of throws he was making
Oh he has an arm. Problem is, when you are unsure what you are doing, it really effects how you throw the ball. Now I can't fault Perry and his bad on field decisions, because the last staff made it impossible for anyone to succeed.

Advertisement
I think JW is the only QB we have that is accurate enough to lead this team where we want to go. I've thought that when I first saw film and I still haven't seen anything from the other two to change my mind. If I was coaching last year I would have looked at maybe 3 practices and then tossed the ball to Jarren and said now we work to get you as good as possible and he would have taken every 1st team snap from then on. We would be in good shape this year and could not have done any worse last year.

Always a safe bet to add zero substance and pure homerism on a CIS post. My next question is are you capable of coming up with something original Thomas?

I kinda liked the "our cleats on their necks."

Ever wonder why you're not invited to other's parties and social events?

Our linebackers have to be disciplined with a mobile QB. We're going to get some hits in on Franks. Need to make sure they're hard af and make him rattled.

I'd quit worrying or even remotely planning for franks

That guy hasn't shown **** for us to even be slightly concerned about

Until he does, we should just play our game as normal

That being said, Baker vs mullins.. I wanna see what baker is made of

Advertisement
Back