Matchups you're most looking forward to in UF game

What will you be keeping an eye on or think will play a big part in the outcome come the 24th?

I've got Osborne v Marco Wilson and JT v C.J. Henderson at the top of my list. Also will be on the lookout for whoever's matched up against #92 Zuniga on the gator DL. Baptism by fire for Butch Barry and the boys.
The thing that will really determine Miami’s fate in this game is our OL against UFs defense. If the OL can give our QB whom ever that is time as well as giving our backs a little room to run it could be a nice day for us.

I feel good about our matchups in the other positions against Florida.

I also think they have something to worry about when it comes to our DL and their QB. Not totally impressed with Franks. I think we can force him into mistakes with our DEs speed rush. Nevertheless, it will be a battle that MIAMI will win! JMO!

Advertisement
Still, Perine is built like Nick Brossette, who is very slow and similar size but ran roughshod over us last year. Luckily, Perine is not playing behind a similar OL as LSU's from last year.

Deejay and Homer ran for 68 yards on 15 carries (4.5 ypc) against LSU. Our longest run was 17 yards.

Brossette busted a 50 yarder against our 2nd team D. Besides that he had 75 yards on 21 carries (3.5 ypc).

Did DJ and TH run "roughshod" against LSUs D?

Deejay and Homer ran for 68 yards on 15 carries (4.5 ypc) against LSU. Our longest run was 17 yards.

Brossette busted a 50 yarder against our 2nd team D. Besides that he had 75 yards on 21 carries (3.5 ypc).

Did DJ and TH run "roughshod" against LSUs D?
Dude, the point is we better **** well not give up 125 yards and 2 TDs to Perine, a running back who is of similar stature and speed as Brossette, who did just that.

I don't care if a chunk of it was on one run or not. The total yards and TDs are unacceptable. Yet it happened.

Advertisement
Dude, the point is we better **** well not give up 125 yards and 2 TDs to Perine, a running back who is of similar stature and speed as Brossette, who did just that.

I don't care if a chunk of it was on one run or not. The total yards and TDs are unacceptable. Yet it happened.

IDK how many yards we give up to Perine. He can run for 250 for all I care. We're not going to hold them to zero points or yards. What we need to do is capitalize on their mistakes, not play like trash on special teams, and protect the football. This game will be decided by one or two plays.

Everybody acts like our losses were entirely on our defense. Our defense only gave up 296 yards.

Our offense turned it over twice on interceptions and twice on downs. That's 4 times we gave LSU great field position. That falls entirely on the offense.

Advertisement
Everybody acts like our losses were entirely on our defense. Our defense only gave up 296 yards.

Our offense turned it over twice on interceptions and twice on downs. That's 4 times we gave LSU great field position. That falls entirely on the offense.
It was absolutely a team loss with the offense and special teams leading the way. I only brought up Brossette to illustrate that a slow running back can be dangerous. I think the key to beating the Gaytors is to put the clamps on Perine and make Franks throw as much as possible.

It was absolutely a team loss with the offense and special teams leading the way. I only brought up Brossette to illustrate that a slow running back can be dangerous. I think the key to beating the Gaytors is to put the clamps on Perine and make Franks throw as much as possible.
Agreed. They think too highly of Perine TBH, so expect them to go to him repeatedly.

Advertisement
Trevon Grimes is main weapon on offense I am worried about.... Talk all that mess about us not wanting him but he is a stud.

Blades/Ivey better be up to the task.

Really just anxious to see how our QB's play against any competition in general. I think we see N'Kosi and Martell the first couple weeks or until 1 really separates. I guess one guy could start and play well and not allow the second to get a chance but I find it hard to believe 1 of these guys is going to be that much better come Aug 24th where just 1 is called QB1.

Advertisement
JT vs CJ. both of them have qualify speed and skilled. And the Gators are going to leave CJ on a island with him. Should be a fun to watch

CJ is very fast I know but if we can provide whoever the QB is with time it would be a grave mistake on their behalf to put ANYONE 1 on 1 with Jeff Thomas. JT4 is the type of guy who demands safety help over the top. If they try him 1 on 1 it will cost them dearly. He’ll be in the end zone nearly as fast as the Turds lost their top recruits to transfers and Juco.

The thing that will really determine Miami’s fate in this game is our OL against UFs defense. If the OL can give our QB whom ever that is time as well as giving our backs a little room to run it could be a nice day for us.

I feel good about our matchups in the other positions against Florida.

I also think they have something to worry about when it comes to our DL and their QB. Not totally impressed with Franks. I think we can force him into mistakes with our DEs speed rush. Nevertheless, it will be a battle that MIAMI will win! JMO!
You feel good about there WR's vs our DB'S ? lol

CJ is very fast I know but if we can provide whoever the QB is with time it would be a grave mistake on their behalf to put ANYONE 1 on 1 with Jeff Thomas. JT4 is the type of guy who demands safety help over the top. If they try him 1 on 1 it will cost them dearly. He’ll be in the end zone nearly as fast as the Turds lost their top recruits to transfers and Juco.
Man Henderson can guard JT one on one. I would even try to throw anything long on CJ. We can throw bubbles screens and runs towards him tho his tackling is suspect.

Advertisement
Back