Off-Topic Mass killings

Seriously, when does FBI get involved with every mass shooting threat??

I've seen Army, Sheriff and one other agency ****ed this up in Maine.
Well, the FBI does claim they had no knowledge of Card... but IF that is true... is that really a good thing???

Should the FBI be preoccupied with grandma's and grandpa's that took selfies in the Capitol on J6, or should they use their resources elsewhere for other things? You know... like ACTUAL credible threats to the public!!!

Despite the earlier threats, the FBI said Saturday Card had not been on its radar, telling AP it “did not have nor did it receive any tips or information concerning Robert Card.” The bureau added that its instant background check system “was not provided with or in possession of any information that would have prohibited Card from a lawful firearm purchase.”​
Card’s case stands as a glaring example of missed red flags, with many unanswered questions about what the military, police, mental health professionals and relatives could have done to prevent the massacre.
While Maine does not have a red flag law, it does have a more limited “ yellow-flag ” law that would still allow police to petition a judge to take a person’s firearms away if a medical practitioner deems that person to be a threat.​

Advertisement
Well, the FBI does claim they had no knowledge of Card... but IF that is true... is that really a good thing???

Should the FBI be preoccupied with grandma's and grandpa's that took selfies in the Capitol on J6, or should they use their resources elsewhere for other things? You know... like ACTUAL credible threats to the public!!!

Despite the earlier threats, the FBI said Saturday Card had not been on its radar, telling AP it “did not have nor did it receive any tips or information concerning Robert Card.” The bureau added that its instant background check system “was not provided with or in possession of any information that would have prohibited Card from a lawful firearm purchase.”​
Card’s case stands as a glaring example of missed red flags, with many unanswered questions about what the military, police, mental health professionals and relatives could have done to prevent the massacre.
While Maine does not have a red flag law, it does have a more limited “ yellow-flag ” law that would still allow police to petition a judge to take a person’s firearms away if a medical practitioner deems that person to be a threat.​

FBI Boston oversees Maine so doubt they're busy worrying about J6 unless a bunch went down from NE.

Agree with bolded part of all the missed red flags on him. Luckily gun shop didn't sell him the silencer.

Is anyone opposed to banning firearms to individuals who receive any and all mental health intervention? ie. voluntarily or involuntarily?
You could easily do that without violating due process rights.

FBI Boston oversees Maine so doubt they're busy worrying about J6 unless a bunch went down from NE.

Agree with bolded part of all the missed red flags on him. Luckily gun shop didn't sell him the silencer.
FBI Boston has been busy!

George Hill is a former FBI Boston agent whistleblower who exposed Bank of America providing a list of transactions in the DC area from Jan 5-7, 2021

Also FBI Boston if you remember this story of raiding the wrong hotel room...

FBI Boston has been busy!

George Hill is a former FBI Boston agent whistleblower who exposed Bank of America providing a list of transactions in the DC area from Jan 5-7, 2021

Also FBI Boston if you remember this story of raiding the wrong hotel room...

Guess so & not everyone from NE Liberals..

Advertisement
You could easily do that without violating due process rights.
Would likely just mean that many people who NEED MH intervention would never seek it out. They'd never believe it wouldn't be used against them at some point.

And, whaddaya do with the millions who already have ****nals in their homes while already getting Psych help? How do you get those peoples' guns?

Would likely just mean that many people who NEED MH intervention would never seek it out. They'd never beieve it wouldn't be used against them at some point.

And, whaddaya do with the millions who already have ****nals in their homes while already getting Psych help? How do you get those peoples' guns?
There will always be lawbreakers.

So the problem goes away if we reinstate the mass mental hospital institutions? Do we make pills illegal?
No sir (and I use that term loosely since you are trolling). You cannot eliminate all risk. But, placing people who openly express a clear intent to harm others (or themselves) in an in-patient program is far more effective in reducing the risk to the public. It is statistically much better than passing laws. Here is breaking news, every state has passed “common sense murder laws” making illegal and punishable by life imprisonment (or death) to intentionally take the life of another. Yet every day many people (commonly called criminals or murderers) commit murder. Do you really think that by making it “doubly illegal” to murder will reduce murders? Heck liberals argue that the death penalty doesn’t deter murder. They miss the irony of their positions. Today there are more gun laws on the books than ever before. How is that working for you libs? Facts seem irrelevant when they negate your arguments. Now go away troll.

No sir (and I use that term loosely since you are trolling). You cannot eliminate all risk. But, placing people who openly express a clear intent to harm others (or themselves) in an in-patient program is far more effective in reducing the risk to the public. It is statistically much better than passing laws. Here is breaking news, every state has passed “common sense murder laws” making illegal and punishable by life imprisonment (or death) to intentionally take the life of another. Yet every day many people (commonly called criminals or murderers) commit murder. Do you really think that by making it “doubly illegal” to murder will reduce murders? Heck liberals argue that the death penalty doesn’t deter murder. They miss the irony of their positions. Today there are more gun laws on the books than ever before. How is that working for you libs? Facts seem irrelevant when they negate your arguments. Now go away troll.
I’m not trolling, I am asking your opinion on legislation that targets mental health. I just want to know what the solution looks like as a whole. So you do support putting high risk individuals in institutions, which, I have seen support for reinstating mass mental health insitutiitions. This would not only reduce mass shootings but also solve a majority of the homeless problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not trolling, I am asking your opinion on legislation that targets mental health. I just want to know what the solution looks like as a whole. So you do support putting high risk individuals in institutions, which, I have seen support for reinstating mass mental health insitutiitions. This would not only reduce mass shootings but also solve a majority of the homeless problem.
Soooo many issues/problemd.

Who determines "high risk?" That definition would be all over the map.

Who pays for the hundreds of expensive institutions that would have to be built and find enough qualified people to staff them? The NIMBY issue. Nobody wants a mental institution in their back yard.

Ya gonna seize guns from the million or so who might fit the impaired definition but already have mucho guns at home?

As for citizens with mental health issues, the Homeless are just the tip of the iceberg.

Targeting mental health would also have a chilling effect on people seeking voluntary Psych help. They'd fear incarceration, it being on their 'record', etc

Soooo many issues/problemd.

Who determines "high risk?" That definition would be all over the map.

Who pays for the hundreds of expensive institutions that would have to be built and find enough qualified people to staff them? The NIMBY issue. Nobody wants a mental institution in their back yard.

Ya gonna seize guns from the million or so who might fit the impaired definition but already have mucho guns at home?

As for citizens with mental health issues, the Homeless are just the tip of the iceberg.

Targeting mental health would also have a chilling effect on people seeking voluntary Psych help. They'd fear incarceration, it being on their 'record', etc
I understand no solution is perfect, but I would just like to hear the counter solution from the right. I seriously don't hear a single bit of legislation coming from the right. Now I read "just enforce the laws now" but no "here's how to do it right."

Advertisement
So the problem goes away if we reinstate the mass mental hospital institutions? Do we make pills illegal?
The problem never goes away.... There's always going to be a person with a issue.... It's hard to say what an actual fix is other than care for individuals in need... Long term if needed... How that is done financially is another issue which just continues the "Issue" problem....
The issue now with Law Enforcement having him on radar and not disarming him ahead of time is not good... Again... another issue.... Where do you actually point the finger at making the problem go away???
I can only say for myself I prefer to be armed to give myself a chance if absolutely needed...It's my right, I believe in it....

Please don't take anything I wrote as a knock on your statement , it isn't... I appreciate you offering a point of reason...

The problem never goes away.... There's always going to be a person with a issue.... It's hard to say what an actual fix is other than care for individuals in need... Long term if needed... How that is done financially is another issue which just continues the "Issue" problem....
The issue now with Law Enforcement having him on radar and not disarming him ahead of time is not good... Again... another issue.... Where do you actually point the finger at making the problem go away???
I can only say for myself I prefer to be armed to give myself a chance if absolutely needed...It's my right, I believe in it....

Please don't take anything I wrote as a knock on your statement , it isn't... I appreciate you offering a point of reason...
Honestly, this is a very rational response. Thank you.

Advertisement
Not against it... Just because we have a right to free speech doesn't mean everyone should be allowed to talk...just because we have a right to due process doesn’t mean everyone should have a fair trial.….. just because we have a right to freedom of the press, it doesn’t mean CNN should be allowed to broadcast……….

Fixed for you

Ok let me try. If a child has a treatable but otherwise fatal illness, our society has concluded that she is entitled to be cured by medical treatment even though her parents want treatment withheld so that prayer has time to heal her. Mental illness is no different. It can be treated and controlled if not cured. It does infringe upon liberty, but I believe that society will approve of involuntary treatment. Cost, that is easy. Today the president, without congressional approval, sent $13 Billion dollars in foreign aid to people who chant “Death to America”. The federal government has spent billions of dollars funding stupid things like gender studies, unintentional micro aggressions, or the ever popular rewriting history. In short spend taxpayer’ money on real things, not on junk that is merely transferring wealth.

Ok let me try. If a child has a treatable but otherwise fatal illness, our society has concluded that she is entitled to be cured by medical treatment even though her parents want treatment withheld so that prayer has time to heal her. Mental illness is no different. It can be treated and controlled if not cured. It does infringe upon liberty, but I believe that society will approve of involuntary treatment. Cost, that is easy. Today the president, without congressional approval, sent $13 Billion dollars in foreign aid to people who chant “Death to America”. The federal government has spent billions of dollars funding stupid things like gender studies, unintentional micro aggressions, or the ever popular rewriting history. In short spend taxpayer’ money on real things, not on junk that is merely transferring wealth.
So if the cost is easy what's your plan to convince the Govt to do it as you say???

Advertisement
Back