Off-Topic Mass killings

But that hasn't really changed. there are over 2.5 million legal carry holders. By and large, the legal gun owners still aren't going to be the problem. There is a legal BAC limit for using a firearm, there probably should be for carry as well, but I expect that will be enacted if an issue arises.
Legal gun owners, especially CC permit holders, have never been a problem. In most places you already can’t drink and carry a firearm.

Advertisement
Legal gun owners, especially CC permit holders, have never been a problem. In most places you already can’t drink and carry a firearm.
I don't understand why these people who claim to care so much aren't clamoring for district attorneys to throw the book at people charged with gun crimes.

I don't understand why these people who claim to care so much aren't clamoring for district attorneys to throw the book at people charged with gun crimes.
I assume it’s because they don’t find fault with them, but with their access to weapons.

It isn’t the stance I take, just restating what I’ve heard from them.

I assume it’s because they don’t find fault with them, but with their access to weapons.

It isn’t the stance I take, just restating what I’ve heard from them.
I just can't reconcile not having a zero tolerance policy for gun crimes.

I heard from an assistant USDA that gun crimes aren't a high priority since they have quotas and gun crimes often take time to pursue.

I just think if you care about people dying, then doing everything to reduce that is paramount.

I heard from an assistant USDA that gun crimes aren't a high priority since they have quotas and gun crimes often take time to pursue.

I just think if you care about people dying, then doing everything to reduce that is paramount.
There are some policy blind spots that blow my mind. The ultimate example (and a parallel here) is being pro energy/emission restrictions and yet anti-nuclear. It’s literally the cleanest and most abundant super energy in human history. It solves everyone’s problems, has the best chance of gutting dependence on fossil fuels, with by far the smallest down sides of all alternatives, and yet they turn their noses up at it.

It makes me believe you are fundamentally unserious about solving the problem.

Advertisement
There are some policy blind spots that blow my mind. The ultimate example (and a parallel here) is being pro energy/emission restrictions and yet anti-nuclear. It’s literally the cleanest and most abundant super energy in human history. It solves everyone’s problems, has the best chance of gutting dependence on fossil fuels, with by far the smallest down sides of all alternatives, and yet they turn their noses up at it.

It makes me believe you are fundamentally unserious about solving the problem.
If you solve the problem, you have nothing to campaign on and blame on the other side. They want “solutions” (that aren’t actually solutions) that get themselves and their friends rich.

For a change to realistically take place, the mental health industry needs to acknowledge that a better solution has to exist. Then they'll face headwinds from the providers who rely on prescriptions and the companies that produce them. This isn't like when JFK got upset about his sister and pushed for a change in the approach. If that happened now, the sanitarium lobby would be all over him and calling for members of his party to suggest less drastic measures.
Prime example of just give them a pill is not the answer.

Lindsay Clancy's husband expressed concerns about wife's mental health days before children were killed: Docs

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lindsay-...-health-days-before-children-were-killed-docs

Advertisement
I have a box for that. I don’t have a box for lay people who have nothing to gain who blindly agree.
They get to feel good about themselves. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. Look at all the covidians. They yelled about masks and getting the jab and now that they’re proven wrong, what did they do? Nothing. They just moved on to the next outrage they can post on social media that makes them feel good about themselves. They dont actually care about truth.

Advertisement

Agree.

What would a "zero tolerance policy" for gun crimes look like though? Where no death is involved, should there be no distinction between cases, i.e, where a crime is determined to have been committed with a gun involved, the perpetrator goes to jail automatically for x number of years? For deterrence, that number would need to be pretty high.

Thinking of the old geezer who shot the kid who mistakenly came to his door. It's a crime, he used a gun, zero tolerance policy ... so, automatic long prison sentence?

Advertisement
Agree.

What would a "zero tolerance policy" for gun crimes look like though? Where no death is involved, should there be no distinction between cases, i.e, where a crime is determined to have been committed with a gun involved, the perpetrator goes to jail automatically for x number of years? For deterrence, that number would need to be pretty high.

Thinking of the old geezer who shot the kid who mistakenly came to his door. It's a crime, he used a gun, zero tolerance policy ... so, automatic long prison sentence?
There are plenty of crimes committed with guns that were obtained illegally. Throw the book at every one of those for a start. Anyone accused of trafficking weapons gets the full attention of district attorneys and no gun crime gets dropped or pled down due to a lack of resources. Then we proceed from there.

Advertisement
Back