Off-Topic Mass killings

I notice he decided to refer to Coney Barrett by diminishing her qualifications as a paralegal. That's horribly sexist.

Hes a bitter, angry and talentless man that bottomed on his career and just spends his time lashing out. No one cares what he thinks. Although I wouldn't mind using him as a punching bag, tbh.

Advertisement
Unless I misread it, that's not what it did. It just said you didn't need to give the state a good reason to carry a concealed weapon. They still issue licenses, but now you don't have to hope to get approval by demonstrating proper cause to get one. Basically, they're going to change from May Issue to Shall Issue.

It really isn't that big of a deal.
Geraldo disagrees. Now says he wouldn't be surprised to see people gunned down on the subway by someone who's had a bad day, just been fired, or girlfriend/wife left him ...

I don't know enough about it.

Disagree, both on the practical outcome and the longer term legal implications. Practically speaking, this will result in considerably more guns being carried around New York. Whether that results in higher or lower crime, we'll just have to see, but it will certainly result in more gun related accidents. Legally, this decision has created a new rule regarding laws regulating firearms at the state level - that to be constitutional, a state must prove they are grounded in the "historical tradition" of gun control measures, which for Thomas essentially means at the time of the founding. Thomas' opinion also eliminates another step long used by circuit courts in evaluating gun control measures, namely to evaluate the dangers posed by firearms to the public. It's fair to say that the effect of this decision is that every single firearm restriction at the state level - age, background checks, etc. - is now presumptively unconstitutional. I'd imagine there will be widespread challenges to all of them, and under this rubric (and as applied by this Court) it's hard not to conclude that many will be successful. We'll just have to see if the Court decides to limit the application of this principal at all in future decisions (e.g., only apply it to CC licensing)

It's quite a radical expansion of 2A rights, even in the context of the already very 2A friendly regime ushered in by the Heller decision. And it's a curious infringement on the central tenet of federalism to give states latitude to determine their own laws, particularly in light of the coming abortion decision (which posits that abortion should be a question for the states).
Wow.

Advertisement
Geraldo disagrees. Now says he wouldn't be surprised to see people gunned down on the subway by someone who's had a bad day, just been fired, or girlfriend/wife left him ...

I don't know enough about it.
I'm pretty sure people who go through the concealed carry license process aren't the most likely ones to gun someone down on the subway.

I'm pretty sure people who go through the concealed carry license process aren't the most likely ones to gun someone down on the subway.
Doesn't Florida already have concealed carry laws? How come it's not a problem in Florida? Don't people have bad days in Florida too... or is it just NY. I live in NY, but if I have a bad day I'm not turning into Michael Douglas in Falling Down!

Advertisement
Doesn't Florida already have concealed carry laws? How come it's not a problem in Florida? Don't people have bad days in Florida too... or is it just NY. I live in NY, but if I have a bad day I'm not turning into Michael Douglas in Falling Down!

It does and I have CC license. I carry. Only places I don’t are places where it is forbidden.

If CC people were gunning others down you would know about it. The media would be all over it.

The truth is most murderers are criminals that don’t have a CC license.

So in essence, making it difficult/impossible to carry assures that only the scumbags get to carry.

It's quite a radical expansion of 2A rights, even in the context of the already very 2A friendly regime ushered in by the Heller decision. And it's a curious infringement on the central tenet of federalism to give states latitude to determine their own laws, particularly in light of the coming abortion decision (which posits that abortion should be a question for the states).
Some would say that it was a reestablishment of the actual scope of the Second Amendment and not any type of expansion.

It is not an infringement upon federalism. Yes, states can determine some of their owns laws under our federalist system but they cannot make laws that completely abridge the Constitution, e.g. a state could not pass a law banning criticism of public officials or require a citizen to house members of that states national guard in their homes during peace time - such laws would be unconstitutional and the tenets of federalism do not override the provisions of the Constitution.

It does and I have CC license. I carry. Only places I don’t are places where it is forbidden.

If CC people were gunning others down you would know about it. The media would be all over it.

The truth is most murderers are criminals that don’t have a CC license.

So in essence, making it difficult/impossible to carry assures that only the scumbags get to carry.
Licensed CC'ers contribute practically NOTHING to gun crime in America. The outrage to this ruling is completely laughable...

Advertisement
c2e38ece62f4a9c57c699a0714be3702a44737cb04be44c8d996d68e959d2935.png

This government is unsalvageable... time for a real Jan6.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back