Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
That’s not what i said at all tho..why do you keep doing this 😂
Dude, your first response was 'but but but muh America was bad too tho!!!'. No. Western democracy and capitalism was the best thing to ever happen to the human race - period, bar none, indisputable. And I'm talking about the WHOLE world - not just the western world - capitalism has been the rising tide.

You're assuming people don't care. Perhaps it's just that the see that the proposed solutions would be ineffective. I don't know a single gun owner who wouldn't give them up if they honestly believed it would make a difference.
No I don't assume people don't care. He posted that school shooting numbers are vastly inflated. To me this implies that he feels they don't happen much and aren't that big of a problem. This baffles me as I just can't comprehend that line of thought.

As for giving up guns multiple posters in this thread would never give up their guns even if they honestly believed it would make a difference.

~300 patients, PER DAY, suffer serious harm/death 100% due to preventable medical errors.

Ban all healthcare. Arrest all the medical staff, confiscate all medical instruments.
My reply had nothing to do with banning guns. I don't understand the relevance of "school shooting numbers are vastly inflated" surely you would agree that outside of any gun arguments one school shooting is to many.

Advertisement
No I don't assume people don't care. He posted that school shooting numbers are vastly inflated. To me this implies that he feels they don't happen much and aren't that big of a problem. This baffles me as I just can't comprehend that line of thought.

As for giving up guns multiple posters in this thread would never give up their guns even if they honestly believed it would make a difference.
No, it simply shows that those opposed to guns are willing to lie and manipulate people's emotions by trying to make it seem like it's a bigger problem than it is. That's not to imply that nobody cares.

Imagine if I were to say that 100 people a day died from accidentally ingesting laundry detergent. Then you find out it's only about 2 a year. Does that make those two deaths any less tragic or the fact that laundry detergent looks edible any less if a problem to be addressed? No, but the simple fact that it all started with a lie implies that you only care about the solution, not actually solving the problem.

No, it simply shows that those opposed to guns are willing to lie and manipulate people's emotions by trying to make it seem like it's a bigger problem than it is. That's not to imply that nobody cares.

Imagine if I were to say that 100 people a day died from accidentally ingesting laundry detergent. Then you find out it's only about 2 a year. Does that make those two deaths any less tragic or the fact that laundry detergent looks edible any less if a problem to be addressed? No, but the simple fact that it all started with a lie implies that you only care about the solution, not actually solving the pro
The examples given in the were all still shooting crimes. Almost all were on school properties or occurred at school related functions. The lady posting was also surprised to find out how many potential situations had been prevented by SRO officers. The numbers could have been much worse.

The examples given in the were all still shooting crimes. Almost all were on school properties or occurred at school related functions. The lady posting was also surprised to find out how many potential situations had been prevented by SRO officers. The numbers could have been much worse.
Do you consider a shooting in the middle of the night a school shooting?

Advertisement
My reply had nothing to do with banning guns. I don't understand the relevance of "school shooting numbers are vastly inflated" surely you would agree that outside of any gun arguments one school shooting is to many.
100%.

We just likely disagree on how to solve it and society is paralyzed because of it.

Do you consider a shooting in the middle of the night a school shooting?
That's why I said almost. Bullets hitting a school building is quite literally a school shooting but obviously shouldn't be used to increase the numbers

Dude, your first response was 'but but but muh America was bad too tho!!!'. No. Western democracy and capitalism was the best thing to ever happen to the human race - period, bar none, indisputable. And I'm talking about the WHOLE world - not just the western world - capitalism has been the rising tide.
No. I said Hitler and Stalin, the examples you used were evil regimes..while that’s true America has had its BS as well..that’s just truth. As far as what economical system works best, I’d say capitalism as well. As for your conclusion there’s many ppl around the world who would disagree with that

The attack on the the family is upon us like never before and we all are seeing the results.

These killings are ever increasing they will never stop you cannot turn on the news without hearing it even witnessing it.

The solution is so glaring but our hearts are hard as stone like the Pharisees and laugh and name call to the solution so here we are walling and choking on laws we ignore as the solution.

In this vale of tears world “ What was bad is now good”.

We are reaping the whirlwind of our deeds.

Just sit and watch not one day will pass without death overwhelming everything.

Advertisement
One school shooting is too many. "Vastly inflated". Would you care at all if they happened every day?
I don’t like being lied to and manipulated as a means to some goal for politicians and activists. It has nothing to do with caring. Of course you know this, but you’re just one of the manipulators.

Advertisement
I assume you mean PBSC. It's funny because my wife had an English class in 2008 where the prof turned every lecture into bashing Bush. But even then, that was the only class where she had anything political.

My experience was different. Anything that was considered in the “social category“/electives, I majored in a science so most of my classes were science/mathematics-based, always had a strong political bent. There was a definitely strong lean in high school as well. I have very strong memories of having to censor myself, and write papers that leaned a certain way, to make a grade. Diversity of thought has been restricted in colleges for decades and decades.

My experience was different. Anything that was considered in the “social category“/electives, I majored in a science most of my classes were science,/mathematics-based, always had a strong political parent. There was a definitely strong lean high school as well. I have very strong memories of having to censor myself, and write papers that leaned a certain way, to make a grade. Diversity of thought has been restricted in colleges for decades and decades.
I graduated UM in 94 and only had upper level classes, but 30 years is decades and decades. My HS ended in 83, so add another decade to that.

This has been the problem IMO and not just in education. People are so worried about getting what they want or enacting their agenda, they don't really care about how it happens. Hence we have people being taught what to think and being unable to explain why they feel that way. I'd rather have people disagree with me who can put up a reasoned argument as to why and can acknowledge my point of view than ones who can't because they are effectively useless to the betterment of society. They become a drone rather than innovator.

I graduated UM in 94 and only had upper level classes, but 30 years is decades and decades. My HS ended in 83, so add another decade to that.

This has been the problem IMO and not just in education. People are so worried about getting what they want or enacting their agenda, they don't really care about how it happens. Hence we have people being taught what to think and being unable to explain why they feel that way. I'd rather have people disagree with me who can put up a reasoned argument as to why and can acknowledge my point of view than ones who can't because they are effectively useless to the betterment of society. They become a drone rather than innovator.

My point wants that the upper educational system is rigged towards one train of thought. It’s always been that way.

At least in my lifetime. There’s a certain fascist attitude in most colleges where only one line, one way of looking at things, is practically allowed.

Advertisement
Back