Off-Topic Mass killings

If there were an easy solution, something would have changed since Sandy Hook. It hasn’t. Nothing has. Then when the issue cools down we never hear about the non gun related solutions. Mental health? Where or when have we improved the mental health of this country? It’s been 23 years since Columbine. Clock is ticking.

It wont our leaders think pushing hate is a core element of their job. Polarization in this country is increasing more than ever. No one can say I don't think that's a good idea and here is why... its always if you think that then your pushing hate with blood on your hands. Every disagreement is only because the other person is immoral. That's incredibly stressful for kids. Some hear this crap and think its true. Now the rebel growing inside of you is fighting a moral war where killing is more justifiable. Its the same basic brainwashing that religious leaders pull in the middle east to convince people to strap bombs to their backs. We see it all the time. They seem to all have some weird manifesto and relish the hate they can generate. They also learn that killing can be fun via video games. They are literally one of the only outlets for many kids that are struggling with social issues. Then you add into the mix antidepressants and it can add to their numbing. Its a combination of all these things if you ask me. I have no problem with raising the gun age. In this world kids grow up much faster and probably to fast.

Advertisement
It wont our leaders think pushing hate is a core element of their job. Polarization in this country is increasing more than ever. No one can say I don't think that's a good idea and here is why... its always if you think that then your pushing hate with blood on your hands. Every disagreement is only because the other person is immoral. That's incredibly stressful for kids. Some hear this crap and think its true. Now the rebel growing inside of you is fighting a moral war where killing is more justifiable. Its the same basic brainwashing that religious leaders pull in the middle east to convince people to strap bombs to their backs. We see it all the time. They seem to all have some weird manifesto and relish the hate they can generate. They also learn that killing can be fun via video games. They are literally one of the only outlets for many kids that are struggling with social issues. Then you add into the mix antidepressants and it can add to their numbing. Its a combination of all these things if you ask me. I have no problem with raising the gun age. In this world kids grow up much faster and probably to fast.

Back to my point. Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. A mass shooting will happen in all of Our towns. It’s just a matter of when.

"More lethal weaponry" or firearms, is covered by the NFA. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's really hard for a civilian to legally obtain a full auto machine gun. You need ATF permission and it be registered with the ATF among other steps in the process. It can take a months to a year.
You are correct there’s an entirely different process than buying a semi. Federal forms, registration, etc. even with transfers. Average time is around 9 months. Every state has their own guidelines for what they allow. I believe the exact number is 37 states that allow you to own automatic firearms. But there are many different categories of weapons covered on the list.

Advertisement
I don’t know why anyone is still debating this. 1st graders were mass murdered in CT and no one took away the guns.

Advertisement
Reprinted last time I was asked in Roe v Wade thread.

I've been asked this quite a bit through my years, as have most war fighters. I think we are fairly of the same mind +/-, although I do not presume to speak for my fellow veterans here on CIS (I do love them so and not ashamed to say it).

Here is my take, and yes, fair to say it smacks of hypocrisy from a purist point of view.

The most powerful weapon of FF era was the cannon and they were absolutely positively not banned or outlawed from the local populace. Naval privateers and pirates are perfect example. With that said, cannons required significant resources and technical know-how to manufacture and equip, let alone the near impossibility for an individual to move or maintain logistically.

In the modern era, my take:
- Anything an infantry war fighter can employ should be available to the people, by exception...
-- No projectiles with their own propellant (eliminates missiles)
-- No explosives (eliminates mines, claymores, etc)
-- No crew served weapons (no howitzers on the front lawn Fred, back in the garage please)

Now, should the everyman have access to fully automatic rifles/handguns?

I personally do not own any full auto weapons, but several friends do and I would trust any of them to shoot an apple off my daughter's head if necessary (no not for fun, calm down muppets).

For me, my theshold is full auto kinetics. That doesn't make me right, its just wear my head is at as what I feel is appropriate for "everybody". I would be supportive of full auto for individuals who pass an extensive background check and demonstarte exceptional proficiency.

The next area I feel that will be contentious are sniper rifles (really the smallest form of artillery if you think about it). Several friends are competitve hobbyists and with todays modern targeting "unlimited class" tech, can easily engage targets 2000-3000 feet out, ots just a matter of how much do you want to spend.

I think Ive shared this before, but Ill share a again.

Ive employed weapons as swords in combat, but here at home, my weapons are purely for shield purposes only. I will make every effort to walk/run away from friction in order not to employ that shield, but woe be to the adversary if that becomes necessary to defend my friends and family first, myself second.

To prove a point, I probably would have hunted the entire genetic line of the Uvalde maniac just to make a point and rid humanity of clearly broken DNA.
Does (or did) an M-60 count as a crew served weapon? As in gunner and assistant just asking as when I was in the army it was considered a crew served weapon.

Does (or did) an M-60 count as a crew served weapon? As in gunner and assistant just asking as when I was in the army it was considered a crew served weapon.
The M60 isn't used much anymore. The 249 is much more prevalent. I don't think it's considered crew served as it is much more user friendly, but I could be wrong.

Advertisement
I would say yes. Gray area, but I'm not ok with average Joe rocking that one wirhout significant extra vetting.

You do realize fists and blunt objects kill way more Americans than ar15s right.
Right… so let’s hand out AR-15s to everybody… to all the depressed and psychotic people that get discharged from psych wards daily. Since they already have fists and access to blunt objects and those “kill” way more Americans… guns don’t kill people… people kill people… and fists kill people… and blunt objects kill people.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sadly enough, people are digging their heels in even more with this stuff. Can’t explain that.
Because civil unions, became marriages, became trans rights became teach your kids that they don’t have a gender and do it 3-5 years prior to *** Ed.

It’s how 15 days to lower the curve becomes two years of wasted time, money and trust in public officials to do the sensible thing.

I just say that because a simple enough concession quickly steam rolls into absurdity with politicians. And in that way I understand the lack of concession by pro gun people.

We need to educate our children better. We need to raise them better. Teach values better. Discipline better. Be sensible with *** and genders and not tell kids at eight years how *** works.

Gun regulation needs to be adjusted on a national level. Everyone needs to participate. Everyone needs to support. Everyone needs to come together and find solutions, not differences.

We need to identify actual problems. Stop with "fire blue-hair teachers". Look at who they are, not what they look like. Give a crap about actual mental health and don't just say "Send them to church".

We, as people, as a society, as living creatures, need to come together, and work on fixing this mess called Planet Earth in 2022. We need to support and build more and hate less. People need to stop with their stupid agendas, open their eyes and ideas and come together. Life is a team game.

But none of this will happen. Humanity is royally ****ed. Problems should be a signal to come together and work on solutions, but every party and person believes their way is the best way and it drives them more and more apart. We are taking a step backwards in society with every day passing and no one is even close to giving a ****. Everyone just wants to be on the front, with their ideas and agendas. Too many are chasing love, esteem and validation from the outside and only for themselves instead of finding self-value, love and self-esteem whilst showing others that these are the things that they should focus on.

Everyone believes they are the smart one. Instead of trying to make life great for everyone, they want to make it great for themselves and only themselves. Its so stupid.

Advertisement
Back