Off-Topic Mass killings

Wow, even better. Handle within reach of window. Drop ceilings. Outside hinges.

Un f*cking real

RobbElementaryDoor-2398916.jpg

Advertisement
Those look like factory rims so I think the absolute oldest it could be would be around a 2016 model but this absolutely isn't my area of expertise.

I just think if that's actually what he was driving as a teenager in a relatively lower income town that poverty probably wasn't as much a factor in his bullying than we were initially told.
Had the same truck years ago, but mine was the extended cab not the crew cab. Ford changed the tailgate a couple of years after mine, and mine was a 2006. So I'm guessing that is a 06-10 year model. Years ago before covid you could buy them fairly cheap. i bought mine new off the lot in Dallas for $24k, sold it in 2014 with just under 200k miles for $5k.

I thought the truck was one he stole from his grandmother, not one that he personally had.
It was. And who knows the real details yet but that's a town with a per capita income of like $25k and a median income of barely over like $10k and a massive poverty rate. And the immediate photos involving the shooter involved a "newish" truck from his household and him holding a newer iPhone.

So I don't discount bullying as a component to these things but I just think those that consume themselves with that as an issue were a little too quick to make assumptions about it. Not to mention that this obviously was similar to other instances of bullying motivated retribution where the shooter(s) at least shoot up the scene of where their torment occurred- high schools, etc.

Had the same truck years ago, but mine was the extended cab not the crew cab. Ford changed the tailgate a couple of years after mine, and mine was a 2006. So I'm guessing that is a 06-10 year model. Years ago before covid you could buy them fairly cheap. i bought mine new off the lot in Dallas for $24k, sold it in 2014 with just under 200k miles for $5k.
Gotcha and I'll defer to you guys and the truck owners on this but I just thought those looked like the newer factory rims whereas a lot of the older models had more bulky versions like the second pic.

Screenshot_20220527-150426_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220527-160429_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Gotcha and I'll defer to you guys and the truck owners on this but I just thought those looked like the newer factory rims whereas a lot of the older models had more bulky versions like the second pic.

View attachment 187425View attachment 187426
Those look like aftermarket rims due to it looks like it has a raised center cap. I think Ford always had a flush center cap, but those may have been an upgrade when new.

Advertisement
This sick fūck did this so people would be talking about him all over the country. And we’re fulfilling his wish. So is every major media outlet.

We don’t talk about this enough, but we pay too much fūcking attention to these ******* nihilistic pieces of shlt. The kind of animal that would shoot innocent children doesn’t deserve our thoughts or consideration, they deserve to be put down and not ever spoken of again.

We can talk about ways to prevent this, we can talk about police performance, we can talk about guns, drugs, we can talk about anything, but for god’s sake fūck this guy - I wish people would stop talking about him.

The next guy that’s going to do something like this is looking at all the attention being paid to this little sissy boy, thinking they’re going to be talking about me like this.

Advertisement
So…the police were busy working on keeping the parents under control outside while a deranged maniac was busy shooting their kids inside.

Wow.

It might go down as one of the most cowardly acts ever in American history.

Advertisement
This sick fūck did this so people would be talking about him all over the country. And we’re fulfilling his wish. So is every major media outlet.

We don’t talk about this enough, but we pay too much fūcking attention to these ******* nihilistic pieces of shlt. The kind of animal that would shoot innocent children doesn’t deserve our thoughts or consideration, they deserve to be put down and not ever spoken of again.

We can talk about ways to prevent this, we can talk about police performance, we can talk about guns, drugs, we can talk about anything, but for god’s sake fūck this guy - I wish people would stop talking about him.

The next guy that’s going to do something like this is looking at all the attention being paid to this little sissy boy, thinking they’re going to be talking about me like this.
I absolutely agree in theory but I think in practice there are issues and there are even issues in the supposed perception the gunman has in how this works.

I think it'd be exceedingly difficult to give the deserved and wanted attention to the victims of these events while completely ignoring the details of their murders. We'd basically have to stop covering them entirely and that would create a whole separate set of issues.

As far as real attention to the gunmen- we absolutely explore the circumstances and wonder about their motivations but I hardly think we promote their existence or their beliefs (if they had any) to any real extent with the coverage.

Realistically, can most of us even remember the name of the Buffalo shooter from earlier THIS month? Can we name ANYTHING about the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter other than possibly remembering that he hated immigrants? Anybody remember the name or motivations of the Virginia Tech shooter? The Pulse Nightclub shooter's name or face?

Soooo maybe this mindset was actually successful for the Columbine shooters but (and it doesn't necessarily say anything good about us as a society) I think any subsequent attempts at that level of lasting infamy or dissemination of a message by these shooters have largely failed despite our hand-wringing about how to cover these.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back