Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
Where are they coming from? Do you think the gangs in Chicago are building glocks and 30 round magazines in their apartment buildings?

2019 BJS results:

"An estimated 287,400 prisoners had possessed a
firearm during their offense. Among these, more than
half (56%) had either stolen it (6%), found it at the
scene of the crime (7%), or obtained it off the street
or from the underground market (43%). Most of
the remainder (25%) had obtained it from a family
member or friend, or as a gift. Seven percent had
purchased it under their own name from a licensed
firearm dealer."

Long story short, most are illegal, stolen or given by a family member. How would strict regulation affect this? I suppose an impact on the "gifted" guns if the person prior was barred from purchasing it but that's speculative.

Advertisement
2019 BJS results:

firearm dealer."

Long story short, most are illegal, stolen or given by a family member. How would strict regulation affect this? I suppose an impact on the "gifted" guns if the person prior was barred from purchasing it but that's speculative.
Where are the people in the underground market getting them? Are they building them? Are they buying them from states with strict gun laws?

If you bring it up, they'll post a comment about the gun being a straw purchase from Indiana.

and then you point out that there is always going to be black market for guns, just like there are drugs. If their solution does nothing to stop the black market why do they think it will work. Does anyone do more drugs than 18-25 yos?

2019 BJS results:

firearm dealer."

This is what it all boils down to. As I said earlier drugs are illegal yet we are overran with them. Most crimes are committed with illegal or stolen guns. If people want stricter guns laws I’m all for it but it’s not going to help much at all. We can play the whole political dog and pony show and will get the same results. Making it harder for sane , law abiding citizens to get a gun won’t stop mass shootings.

The Buffalo shooter took counseling because he‘d mentioned committing mass shootings multiple times, but was deemed fine. Yet here we are.

If you bring it up, they'll post a comment about the gun being a straw purchase from Indiana.

Because it's true. Same thing with the guns used in crimes in NYC, most come from the South.
And if we know for an absolute fact that gun laws are not the answer there why do they keep saying gun laws are the answer?

Lax gun laws aren't the answer, either, Texas probably has more of the type of massacres that we saw yesterday than States with restrictive gun laws. Kind of tough to regulate guns that you don't even know are in your city.

Advertisement
Where are the people in the underground market getting them? Are they building them? Are they buying them from states with strict gun laws?

There are more people than guns in this country and thats just what we know about. You dont have to make them anymore. I know people who make guns as well. We know people make bullets all the time. People also make bombs. Can poison food supplies as well. Having to be creative has never been a problem for evil. Also there are places in this country where you cannot survive without guns. Nowadays people can make working guns with 3d printers.

Guns are also different from drugs because they are not gone after you use them.

It sounds like you thin guns disappear after you use them. If there a million guns in Chicago today there are going to be 1 million guns in Chicago tomorrow as well. You don't need a supply for something thats not perishable.

Where are all the illegal drugs coming from? They are illegal correct?
They are either making it themselves. Its a **** of a lot easier to grow weed or make meth out of legal materials, than it is to build a gun.

Or they are bringing them in from places where it is legal or not really enforced.

This is not even close to the same thing.

Advertisement
There are more people than guns in this country and thats just what we know about. You dont have to make them anymore. I know people who make guns as well. We know people make bullets all the time. People also make bombs. Can poison food supplies as well. Having to be creative has never been a problem for evil. Also there are places in this country where you cannot survive without guns. Nowadays people can make working guns with 3d printers.

Guns are also different from drugs because they are not gone after you use them.
That wasnt' my question. How many gang members in chicago are killing each other with zip guns or 3d printed guns?

It sounds like you thin guns disappear after you use them. If there a million guns in Chicago today there are going to be 1 million guns in Chicago tomorrow as well. You don't need a supply for something thats not perishable.
No, I don't think guns disappear. I have a bunch myself. They have not disappeared yet.

Advertisement
This is what it all boils down to. As I said earlier drugs are illegal yet we are overran with them. Most crimes are committed with illegal or stolen guns. If people want stricter guns laws I’m all for it but it’s not going to help much at all. We can play the whole political dog and pony show and will get the same results. Making it harder for sane , law abiding citizens to get a gun won’t stop mass shootings.

The Buffalo shooter took counseling because he‘d mentioned committing mass shootings multiple times, but was deemed fine. Yet here we are.

I mentioned a few times in this thread that I do believe in background checks and more strict criteria to qualify for ownership (testing, classes, psychological exam, etc). Most domestically trafficked guns are from 8 states that do not require background checks. That could possibly help some but traffickers will just find another way. The United States produces something like 46% of exported firearms. Criminals will get their hands on them (there are so many in circulation) or traffic them back in.

I mentioned a few times in this thread that I do believe in background checks and more strict criteria to qualify for ownership (testing, classes, psychological exam, etc). Most domestically trafficked guns are from 8 states that do not require background checks. That could possibly help some but traffickers will just find another way. The United States produces something like 46% of exported firearms. Criminals will get their hands on them (there are so many in circulation) or traffic them back in.
I agree.

I respect the 2A. I’ve never understood how people use it to justify (semi) automatic weapons, though. They clearly were not the intent of the founding fathers.

Want to carry a concealed weapon to protect yourself? Fine. Want to take a rifle into the woods to hunt? Absolutely. Why the need for a killing machine? Are a dozen murderous guys going to break into your home, forcing you to protect your family, Rambo style?

I don’t follow 2A/gun rights stuff enough to have a real opinion, but it seems to me that something like stopping all new sales but allowing those who already Own them to keep them, would be a good start. Are people really gonna be upset that their great grandchildren won’t be able to own an automatic weapon? Probably not. Maybe 100 years from now there will be less on the streets.

We also need to stop trying to interpret the intent of people that had no idea about anything modernity would bring. Young adults shooting up classrooms of 3rd graders was not in their world view nor was the mental health of citizens collectively something they would consider.

I'm all for the second amendment...but we're missing - as a nation - the well-regulated part of the equation as well as the necessary to the security of a free state part as well.

This nation truly need to get its **** together...we need to at least get on the same page with some key, core fundamental tenants of this country and there is a mental health crisis we are miles deep in that is sending us down the path of barbarism. We are indeed down bad right now.

Advertisement
Back