Off-Topic Mass killings

The term has apparently been around for 80 years.

Well that’s wrong. That Wikipedia article is about automatic weapons. We’re not talking about automatic weapons, those are not legal in the United States. I’m still waiting to find out what the functional differences between an assault rifle and a hunting rifle. It’s a made-up term when it comes to this.

Advertisement
That dictator got power because the German people were complicit, they absolutely loved him, and supported him in his genocide and Aryan superiority nonsense. They didn’t teach you that in school? The German population was complicit in the greatest crime and genocide ever committed. I think this is a topic which you should leave alone.

No, H i t l e r got power because Germany didn't deport His illegal alien a$$ after He finished His sentence for leading a failed coup.

Advertisement
Well that’s wrong. That Wikipedia article is about automatic weapons. We’re not talking about automatic weapons, those are not legal in the United States. I’m still waiting to find out what the functional differences between an assault rifle and a hunting rifle. It’s a made-up term when it comes to this.
Incoming pedantry - pre ban automatic weapons are legal with the appropriate tax stamp and state of residence/location.

So....how do you define these different types of weapons? Is this going to be a semantical/hair splitting exercise that leads nowhere?

Incoming pedantry - pre ban automatic weapons are legal with the appropriate tax stamp and state of residence/location.

How long ago was that? How many automatic weapons still exist? And how many have been used in mass shooting events? I think but I’m not sure they were outlawed at least 50 years ago.

So....how do you define these different types of weapons? Is this going to be a semantical/hair splitting exercise that leads nowhere?

I don’t define them.

Other people do that to score political points.

I’m sure other people can come up with more classifications, but the way I look at it there are basically four kinds of weapons in terms of ones that fire bullets.

You have pistols, either revolvers or semi automatic, you have rifles, and you have shotguns. that’s three basic categories. None of them are automatic. There are other esoteric things like single shot Derringers, but those are irrelevant for the discussion.

Advertisement
How long ago was that? How many automatic weapons still exist? And how many have been used in mass shooting events? I think but I’m not sure they were outlawed at least 50 years ago.
Signed under Reagan.
Funny enough, full-auto's had never been used in a mass shooting or murder outside of single mafia incident IIRC.

Last edited:
Kennesaw Georgia, just outside of Atlanta actually requires every single home to have a gun. Yep its the law. You have to have a gun in your house. Crazy thing... those guns dont seem to have the same One Ring affect that all these other guns have. Maybe they just make sure they dont have the evil mind control guns. Weird thing is gun crime is crazy low there. Now compare that to Chicago...

Nothing post ban 1986 is legal to own as a private entity. Manufacturers/ffl sot exempt of course.

I looked years back at the costs and it was 20-40k, so it’s not cheap nor ubiquitous. The people that own these aren’t doing drive bys or shooting up schools.

I don’t define them.

Other people do that to score political points.

I’m sure other people can come up with more classifications, but the way I look at it there are basically four kinds of weapons in terms of ones that fire bullets.

You have pistols, either revolvers or semi automatic, you have rifles, and you have shotguns. that’s three basic categories. None of them are automatic. There are other esoteric things like single shot Derringers, but those are irrelevant for the discussion.

I never said anything about automatic. Not sure why you are injecting this into the conversation.

Advertisement
That dictator got power because the German people were complicit, they absolutely loved him, and supported him in his genocide and Aryan superiority nonsense. They didn’t teach you that in school? The German population was complicit in the greatest crime and genocide ever committed. I think this is a topic which you should leave alone.
Joe Biden Rap Battle GIF

Why are suicides up in kids between 10-18 year olds in this country? The numbers even jumped higher during the pandemic. Why’s that? Guns? Seriously let’s talk or will we just pass that off too? And this is coming from a guy that doesn’t own a gun or even shot a gun before.
"For Millennials, the reason behind this uptick appears to be that young people with less education face more financial strain than previous generations did. The good jobs that used to be available to people without college degrees have slowly evaporated. “Jobs are a source of meaning in our lives,” says Cheryl Fulton, a professor in the counseling program at Texas State University. “So if you don’t have a job or are underemployed, you’re not deriving that satisfaction that comes from the meaning and purpose a job provides.” "

Struggling with finances to Millennials seems to be a reason. I know you asked generations z but in the article it points out that finances are one of the main contributors to suicide and that it has gone up for both groups. I imagine GenZs are probably feeling the same way may be in a home environment.

As far as Guns go its pretty simple the US has the most gun ownership than anyone else in the world and its not close. It's way too easy to own a gun.

Attachments

• 20220525_125918.jpg
    20220525_125918.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 5
Advertisement
Kennesaw Georgia, just outside of Atlanta actually requires every single home to have a gun. Yep its the law. You have to have a gun in your house. Crazy thing... those guns dont seem to have the same One Ring affect that all these other guns have. Maybe they just make sure they dont have the evil mind control guns. Weird thing is gun crime is crazy low there. Now compare that to Chicago...
Chicago can have up to one hundred shootings in a three day weekend and barely get a mention or none at all by msm. Weird how that works.

Last edited:
Chicago can have up to seventy killings in a three day weekend and barely get a mention or none at all by msm. Weird how that works.
And if we know for an absolute fact that gun laws are not the answer there why do they keep saying gun laws are the answer?

I understand as a late middle to older white dude you are dug in and will never express remorse or shed tears for others that don't look like you or you perceive don't share your views and agendas. True that thousands of scumbags die of old age and we had to endure one for 4 years and many more on September 6th. But for you to speak in a sideways unempathetic manner to the many who also thought, "it probably won't come to you one day", is another example why the "Probability" of another Mass Killing will visit our doors one day is probable. 2 weeks and 30+ innocent American Children, Women and Men executed and your response is, "but the probabilities are low". Go tell the love ones of Sandy Hook, Las Vegas, Parkland, California, Buffalo and now small town Texas, the probabilities are low. Despicable!
Its not despicable, its a fact. The odds of it "coming back to them" are very low.

Advertisement
Back