Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
I agree 100 percent. Absent parents and mental illness is the cause for these mass killings.
I have an interest in serial killers and psychology. This might come across as weird, but I was interested in the question whether a serial killer was born evil or developed into it.

I can say with a solid confidence that the vast majority of them had trouble in their childhood and no guidance whatsoever.

It doesn't help now that we raise kids to think everyone is a winner and equal no matter what the circumstances. Then they become teens and young adults and don't know how to handle when something doesn't go their way.
Single parent homes is also increasing dramatically. Data shows that makes a huge difference with raising a child. It’s also a very spoiled and entitled generation. Between social media / internet , a large amount of kids growing up on mood altering drugs , media dividing us like no other time in history, serious mental health issues and lacking basic morals as a society has brought us here. On top of that suicides by teenagers are up dramatically , they’re up fifty percent just for teenage girls. I’m sure CNN and Msnbc hasn’t mentioned that today.

We’re literally doing a science experiment with growing up in the internet / social media era but nobody will discuss that.

Advertisement
I have an interest in serial killers and psychology. This might come across as weird, but I was interested in the question whether a serial killer was born evil or developed into it.

I can say with a solid confidence that the vast majority of them had trouble in their childhood and no guidance whatsoever.

I'm not sure that's an absolute. Which could be said about a small fraction of the mass killers. I'd say there is a small percentage of individuals that are could be born evil. However, the vast majority of serial killers and these mass killings had trouble in their childhood and their parents didn't address it at all or instill good values and morals. Or they could have had abusive parents. Physical or Mental.

I'm not sure that's an absolute. Which could be said about a small fraction of the mass killers. I'd say there is a small percentage of individuals that are could be born evil. However, the vast majority of serial killers and these mass killings had trouble in their childhood and their parents didn't address it at all or instill good values and morals. Or they could have had abusive parents. Physical or Mental.
I meant what you described.

Why are suicides up in kids between 10-18 year olds in this country? The numbers even jumped higher during the pandemic. Why’s that? Guns? Seriously let’s talk or will we just pass that off too? And this is coming from a guy that doesn’t own a gun or even shot a gun before.

We have zany and wacky laws, because we have zany and wacky politicians.

An 18 yr old can enlist and die for his country but he cant get into a club and buy a drink.

This same 18 yr old can buy a semi-auto rifle but cant walk into 7eleven and buy a pack of Camels.

An 18 yr old, loner, from a small town, with no apparent future, mentally flips, shoots his grandmother, and slaughters innocent children. RIP

Zany and wacky politicians like flies on ****, call for:
“UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECK!, BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS!, BAN HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES!”

Imho. Instead of passing band aid reactionary laws, As a country we need to really analyze the entire spectrum of how this phenomenon has become more prevalent.

From mental health, to social media , to school security, to school safety training and the elephant in the room to include gun law revamping and enforcement. EVERYTHING needs to be reviewed and brought to the table.

Unfortunately this would require adults looking out for all the children. We are stuck with Zany and wacky politicians.

Advertisement
They should make straw purchases illegal.
Already a illegal.

Tons of people have trauma but only a select group snap. I think it’s a bit of epigenetics where certain people have a genetic predisposition to go rogue when put under intense stress.

People love to look at individual cases that are extraordinary (mass killers are generally rare) and strive for broad solutions to manage the black swan events. If people really cared about human life they’d have cops focus on traffic safety which easily results in more deaths than mass shooters. Traffic saftey isn’t **** and doesn’t make the news tho.

Why are suicides up in kids between 10-18 year olds in this country? The numbers even jumped higher during the pandemic. Why’s that? Guns? Seriously let’s talk or will we just pass that off too? And this is coming from a guy that doesn’t own a gun or even shot a gun before.

Agree that it's an issue but to say it's not covered is disingenuous. Mental health crisis with kids has been talked about extensively the past few years and I'm sure it will be talked about extensively here.

Having kids in that age bracket, I see it firsthand the issues/challenges and there are several components to it.

Advertisement
So while mass-shootings are horrific, they're only a small fraction of gun deaths. But to politicians 'assault rifles' are low hanging fruit - even though banning them solves nothing. When the next one happens with just handguns.... etc etc.

“Assault rifles” are nothing more than just rifles. If you’re going to ban “assault rifles”, you have to ban hunting rifles as well because they’re basically the same thing. There is no functional difference between what people call an “assault rifle” and one you use to go hunting with.

I am glad to inform you that ****** (that one austrian dictator) was able to get his power by abusing a privately owned gun that he fired on more than one occasion to get his point across. He even openly presented it in his early political life to demonstrate power.

If your comment was supposed to be a **** reference, I am sorry, but I have to wipe that away immediately.

That dictator got power because the German people were complicit, they absolutely loved him, and supported him in his genocide and Aryan superiority nonsense. They didn’t teach you that in school? The German population was complicit in the greatest crime and genocide ever committed. I think this is a topic which you should leave alone.

Advertisement
“Assault rifles” are nothing more than just rifles. If you’re going to ban “assault rifles”, you have to ban hunting rifles as well because they’re basically the same thing. There is no functional difference between what people call an “assault rifle” and one you use to go hunting with.

I think the issue is more along the lines of high capacity magazine rifles rather than being semantical over the defintion of a rifle.

But, to your post, how do you define "assault rifle" and how do you define "hunting rifle"?

View attachment 187004

This is the Texas shooter. Definitely seems to be some mental issues there.
This is isn’t the shooter just some rando online. It's just fake news.

Chuds, why vehemently fight against fake news and pretend fake news is the ultimate evil while simultaniously churning out fake news on a daily basis? The public is starting to realize this the more you do this and nobody believes your dumb bull**** anymore.

Advertisement
Back