Off-Topic Mass killings

I respect the 2A. I’ve never understood how people use it to justify (semi) automatic weapons, though. They clearly were not the intent of the founding fathers.

Want to carry a concealed weapon to protect yourself? Fine. Want to take a rifle into the woods to hunt? Absolutely. Why the need for a killing machine? Are a dozen murderous guys going to break into your home, forcing you to protect your family, Rambo style?

I don’t follow 2A/gun rights stuff enough to have a real opinion, but it seems to me that something like stopping all new sales but allowing those who already Own them to keep them, would be a good start. Are people really gonna be upset that their great grandchildren won’t be able to own an automatic weapon? Probably not. Maybe 100 years from now there will be less on the streets.

Advertisement
We all know Americans are nowhere close to compromising on the 2a. Maybe in meantime the talking heads in DC could take some 40 billion dollars and work towards putting trained, armed guards in every school. You know - doing something productive with the dollars they extort from us.
There needs to be more than this imo

Sorry If I didn't prove a negative manifested from your confirmation bias.
Do you want to have a real debate on gun laws vs accessibility in the last 30 years... go?

I predict you wont respond with your opening salvo.

If you can put your sensitivities and triggering to the side, I would be happy to have a conversation. Assault rifles, high capacity magazines, etc. are more easily accessible now then they were 20, 30, 40 years ago. Price, supply/demand and the internet have a lot to do with it. Do you disagree with this?

Advertisement
It probably won't come to you one day. karma is BS. There are tons of scumbags that die of old age each year.
I understand as a late middle to older white dude you are dug in and will never express remorse or shed tears for others that don't look like you or you perceive don't share your views and agendas. True that thousands of scumbags die of old age and we had to endure one for 4 years and many more on September 6th. But for you to speak in a sideways unempathetic manner to the many who also thought, "it probably won't come to you one day", is another example why the "Probability" of another Mass Killing will visit our doors one day is probable. 2 weeks and 30+ innocent American Children, Women and Men executed and your response is, "but the probabilities are low". Go tell the love ones of Sandy Hook, Las Vegas, Parkland, California, Buffalo and now small town Texas, the probabilities are low. Despicable!

If you ban whatever rifle used they'll find another method. Sure it's convenient but the event would still take place just in another way.

It’d still reduce cases by some degree.

Improve multiple factors of how we do things and collectively can reduce the chances of this happening at the very least.

It’ll happen anyway just move on with life attitude needs to end. We’re a laughing/crying stock of the world with this and kids are starting to fear school.

Improve multiple factors of how we do things and collectively can reduce the chances of this happening at the very least.

It’ll happen anyway just move on with life attitude needs to end. We’re a laughing/crying stock of the world with this and kids are starting to fear school.

I'm all for strict tests and evaluations for ownership. There are so many illegal guns in circulation already though. Where there's a will, there's the dark web.

Advertisement
If you can put your sensitivities and triggering to the side, I would be happy to have a conversation. Assault rifles, high capacity magazines, etc. are more easily accessible now then they were 20, 30, 40 years ago. Price, supply/demand and the internet have a lot to do with it. Do you disagree with this?
No. In fact some parts of the country they're less accessible if not illegal outright.

Theres a ****load of laws in Germany for weapons and weapon storage. I will collect the info and post it here so that users have a comparison to what other countries have in measure regarding gun control.

Edit: Its too much. Here's Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Germany
These Yahoos' in America don't know the meaning of "Sensible". I wish we had regulations like in the Netherlands, but no matter how many American Bred Terrorist execute our neighbors things won't change.

Advertisement

This is where I stand. Nothing will change overnight, & this will 100% happen again. But by acting now, even if only gaining a few percentage points in edge, we can do something to reduce the number of mass shootings the next generation has to go through.

I understand as a late middle to older white dude...
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Advertisement
No. Killing is far more convenient with a gun compared to anything else.

No. Killing is far more convenient with a gun compared to anything else.

We lead the world in mental health issues. Let's not put a bandaid on a wound. Tackle root causes and not act reactively.

We can agree to disagree. But my contention is that if you're going to kill somebody, you're going to find a way.

USA had 17813 total murders in 2020, with 13663 coming from handguns, firearms, rifles, shotguns or "other guns".

Advertisement
Back