2022 Mason Thomas, DE, picks Oklahoma

Finally got around to watching his highlights since we offered. Once you get past his height and weight, he's short and not very big for a DE, he does a lot of things very well. He screams off the edge. His ability to to evade tackles with speed, lowering his center of gravity, and some pass rush moves are impressive. Looks like a stand up edge/OLB who can really get after the QB. Want.

Advertisement
Finally got around to watching his highlights since we offered. Once you get past his height and weight, he's short and not very big for a DE, he does a lot of things very well. He screams off the edge. His ability to to evade tackles with speed, lowering his center of gravity, and some pass rush moves are impressive. Looks like a stand up edge/OLB who can really get after the QB. Want.
So would you say like a Micha Parsons?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whats the deal with the ranking? You watch a minute of his senior year mid-season highlights & wow. Explosive relentless athlete. Sign him up & figure it out later.

Advertisement
More of a Lawrence Taylor
1640635020816.png

I like his film way more than the kid we brought in last year Jabari Ishmael
I agree. But HS film doesn’t always translate to college. Not saying his won’t or anything…

Ishmael could be really really good with his length and athleticism. I just don’t know where his development is at right now.

We need someone that can consistently make these projections and development come to fruition. It’s nice to have a good balance of productive HS players like Thomas and projects like Jabari and getting the most out of both of them.

Advertisement
Thomas confirmed night that he picked up an offer from nearby Miami after speaking with Mario Cristobal on Christmas.

"He was just saying that he watched my film and loved it," Thomas explained. "He said that he liked how relentless I was and how I had an explosive get off. Then he offered me a scholarship."

"I'm probably going to visit in January," Thomas added before quickly point out that he will take an official visit to Oklahoma the weekend of Jan. 28 with his parents.
Speaking of the Sooners, Thomas seems to be pretty intrigued by the Big 12 program.
"I like the defensive philosophy there, especially with coach [Brent] Venables coming over from Clemson. Just with the history of their program and what they do, I really thunk that they can develop me into an NFL player," Thomas said.
Kentucky is also very much in the hunt to land a signature from Thomas after getting him on campus the weekend of Dec. 10 for an official visit.
"It was good," Thomas said of his time in Lexington. "They really showed what they want to do with me. I got a feel for their practice and I really like their organization and how they do things and how they develop their guys. The practice I saw looked fun. The guys still wanted to go get it, but at the same time they had fun."
Thomas was also impressed with Wildcats' assistant Brad White.
"He's got an NFL background," Thomas noted. "That's a positive."
Thomas, who is also considering LSU, isn't expecting to make a final decision of sorts until much closer to February's National Signing Day.

Advertisement
Back