2022 Mason Thomas, DE, picks Oklahoma

Advertisement
Bring all the bodies. Practice is gonna be different. Dudes are gonna have injuries. Players need competition. Everyone needs to feel the pressure of the man next to and behind him for his spot.

No guarantees who’s starting at some positions.
This is what’s been missing.
We’ve had quality starters with no fear of who’s behind them.

Ed Reed had 26 coming.
Santana had 5 pushing him.

Nothing motivates a player more than seeing the guy behind you who’s bigger stronger and faster.

Advertisement
In a modern scheme yes BUT I think they would want him play 3T in a 3-4. Think of it like Christian Wilkins. He can play the NT but he’s such a good run defender that you want to get him 1 v. 1 on run downs. Same with LT.
Yeah would explain why they’re going after Jayson Jones, more of a pure NT. And like others have mentioned, all defenses are multiple now so DTs will all be rotating on the field regardless. But would be ideal if they could maximize LT’s and JHH’s snaps.

My question based on the way Im seeing this is... (and feel free to correct me if my thinking is wrong. It usually is :-/

• We have N. Kelly signed.
  • We're chasing Shemar Stewart and the kid from Vegas (Moss?). These are the two remaining priorities at DE/Edge.
  • Are we evaluating this Mason Thomas kid as a fallback to either of the two guys listed above or in addition to one or both of the guys above?
  • Bonus question: Likelihood of landing either of the kids in bullet point #2?

Advertisement
  • We have N. Kelly signed.
  • We're chasing Shemar Stewart and the kid from Vegas (Moss?). These are the two remaining priorities at DE/Edge.
  • Are we evaluating this Mason Thomas kid as a fallback to either of the two guys listed above or in addition to one or both of the guys above?
  • Bonus question: Likelihood of landing either of the kids in bullet point #2?
Can't forget about the Albany DE Verse. He has a spot if he wants it. Not sure where he fits in the Stewart/Moss pecking order at DE but I'm guessing #3?

Edit: LCE says in that thread he's a take and Cribby says he starts if comes here, so maybe higher than #3 on the board?

Can't forget about the Albany DE Verse. He has a spot if he wants it. Not sure where he fits in the Stewart/Moss pecking order at DE but I'm guessing #3?

Edit: LCE says in that thread he's a take and Cribby says he starts if comes here, so maybe higher than #3 on the board?

Stewart is going inside. He’s 275 + and growing.

None of this matter. Mason doesn’t have an offer from us. Only Ahmad does. I’m sure he’s being evaluated but as of right now he couldn’t commit here even if he wanted to.

I am no expert, and I know it is a highlight but **** that is an impressive tape. Good with his hands to engage/disengage, has more than one move, looks to have good speed, looks to have a motor. A little small (if his 247 size numbers are correct) but if he can shirt and add 25 pounds over the next couple seasons I could see this dude being a real good player in year 3 as long as he can take on a 6-6 300+ tackle at his size.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back