2022 Mason Thomas, DE, picks Oklahoma

Advertisement
Visiting last weekend in January along with Moten and Shemar.
Was originally supposed to go to Oklahoma , but 247 was told he will be at Miami instead

Sooners:

200 (8).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fort Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons High School DE/OLB R Mason Thomas has emerged as a priority for the Miami Hurricanes in the last couple of weeks, and he’s set to take an official visit to Miami this weekend - he will be with teammate
Ahmad Moten, and the two could very well wind up playing in the same program together (updated visit weekend list here).

While he hasn’t officially decommitted from Iowa State, Thomas says he is open among his top schools, is weighing all his options and will announce a final decision “probably on signing day.”

In the mix: Miami, Iowa State, Kentucky, Oklahoma and LSU (“they are recruiting me but I haven’t set up a visit,” he says).
Coming off an official visit to Oklahoma he took with Moten, Thomas says “It went great. They showed me a lot about OU, a lot of the Clemson staff that came here and their connections with each other. It’s not like a new staff, they’d been with each other a long time. And you add in the Oklahoma staff still here and it’s the best of both worlds.”

Thomas says UM coaches are pushing hard and are in contact daily over group chats with him and his family.

So what do the Canes need to do to win out?

“I just have to see the overall school, see would I succeed after football, their academics and programs and what they’re doing with Cristobal,” Thomas said.

Thomas says the recurring theme he is getting messaged from Miami coaches heading into the visit is that “they’re building something special at Miami and it’s right in my backyard.” He will take the UM visit with his mother and two sisters. We like the chances here, but Oklahoma has definitely made a move up and is very much in this as well.

Advertisement
Fort Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons High School DE/OLB R Mason Thomas has emerged as a priority for the Miami Hurricanes in the last couple of weeks, and he’s set to take an official visit to Miami this weekend - he will be with teammate
Ahmad Moten, and the two could very well wind up playing in the same program together (updated visit weekend list here).

While he hasn’t officially decommitted from Iowa State, Thomas says he is open among his top schools, is weighing all his options and will announce a final decision “probably on signing day.”

In the mix: Miami, Iowa State, Kentucky, Oklahoma and LSU (“they are recruiting me but I haven’t set up a visit,” he says).
Coming off an official visit to Oklahoma he took with Moten, Thomas says “It went great. They showed me a lot about OU, a lot of the Clemson staff that came here and their connections with each other. It’s not like a new staff, they’d been with each other a long time. And you add in the Oklahoma staff still here and it’s the best of both worlds.”

Thomas says UM coaches are pushing hard and are in contact daily over group chats with him and his family.

So what do the Canes need to do to win out?

“I just have to see the overall school, see would I succeed after football, their academics and programs and what they’re doing with Cristobal,” Thomas said.

Thomas says the recurring theme he is getting messaged from Miami coaches heading into the visit is that “they’re building something special at Miami and it’s right in my backyard.” He will take the UM visit with his mother and two sisters. We like the chances here, but Oklahoma has definitely made a move up and is very much in this as well.
Football aside, if it's based on success after football, academics and programs as he stated, Miami wins out! ;)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do we take Thomas and Plyburn? (Especially if Shemar comes too) If we take all 3 to go along with Kelly and Moss..Mario must really hate what he sees in that DE room.
I think it's Plyburn or Thomas... If Plyburn goes to Auburn, Thomas it is... Unless Moten and Thomas are a package, then, Plyburn is out. I don't know what kind of room we have... I read way back in December that Mario said the plan was to take like 15 freshman and 7 or 8 transfers. We are at 10 and 4 right now. Room will always be made to 5 star kids like Shemar and Connerly. So, I'm thinking Luli, McCoy and then 3 of any combo: Moten, Pyburn or Thomas, and Miller. Shemar, Connerly and Citizen are a total bonus and would eliminate one of the others. I also think we get transfer Sagapolu. We will probably get 3 or so more transfers during spring, i.e. DB, LB and DT.

Advertisement
Back