Marvin Jones Jr

ajone228

Recruit
This is an FSU article so idk how truthful everything is but he didn't mention UM at all. Would suck to lose him with what we just produced at DE.

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage four-star defensive end Marvin Jones Jr. is in the midst of his recruiting process and he already has over 40 scholarship offers from some of the top college programs in the country under his belt.

Jones Jr. has been dealing with an interesting recruitment where he hasn’t been able to visit the schools after him due to a longstanding NCAA recruiting dead period. He’s been doing the best he can with these challenges.

“Obviously it’s kind of annoying not being able to go anywhere,” Jones said. “I’ve kind of gotten used to it I guess. So I’m just excited to go see some schools in the summer and fall.”

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound weak-side end named a few schools on the top of his mind out of his large selection.

“Oklahoma, Alabama and Florida State are a few,” he said of some of the top schools in contention for him.

Although he’s the son of former Florida State All-American linebacker Marvin Jones Sr., he claims the Seminoles are recruiting him separate from his family connection.

“I would say they definitely show me a lot of love,” he said of FSU’s pursuit. “I think that whole legacy thing, you guys kind of make that bigger than what it is. I don’t really ever hear that from Florida State themselves.”

Defensive ends coach John Papuchis and head coach Mike Norvell are both spearheading FSU’s recruitment of Jones Jr.

“Coach JP and Norvell I talk to the most,” he stated.

Papuchis has been sending a strong message to the South Florida prospect about how much he likes his game. Their bond has grown throughout the process.

“He lets me know he loves me as a player,” Jones said of Papuchis’ message. “Our relationship has grown a lot over these past couple months. He’s just really excited about me. I guess we’ll see what happens.”

Jones says it’s really neat to have the head man in Norvell recruiting him personally to Florida State.

“Definitely it’s a good feeling knowing that the head coach really wants you,” he explained.

Where do the ‘Noles stand amongst the powerhouse schools after him?

“I would say they’re right up there with them,” he claimed.

Jones has two official visits scheduled currently to Ohio State and Oklahoma respectively, which will both take place during the college football season.

He plans to have his decision made either late into his senior season of high school or afterwards.

The 247Sports Composite Rankings slot Jones as the No. 63 recruit and No. 5 weak-side defensive end in the nation.

Advertisement
He would be an absolute perfect match in this scheme, and a great business decision to come to Miami. When is the last true DE Alabama produced? Tim Williams? Ohio State I can see, but no reason to go that far from home when you can play in a perfect system, rack up big numbers, have a chance to be drafted high, and not have to live in Columbus, Ohio.

Advertisement
You guys didn't think we actually had a shot with Marvin Jones Jr did you?...

We have a better shot with Shemar Stewart than we do with Marvin Jr lol Idk if he'll sign with FSU, but if not he's SEC bound.

Stewart, Anderson & Jackson are the 3 DE's we have the best chances with, varying degrees for each, but Jones Jr was never really in the picture. And no I'm not saying that because of this one interview.

Think of him like a Dallas Turner type, high ranked Broward kid with very little to no interest in Miami at all & wants to go to Bama or whichever SEC team shows him the most attention.

We have a better shot with Shemar Stewart than we do with Marvin Jr lol Idk if he'll sign with FSU, but if not he's SEC bound.

Stewart, Anderson & Jackson are the 3 DE's we have the best chances with, varying degrees for each, but Jones Jr was never really in the picture. And no I'm not saying that because of this one interview.

Think of him like a Dallas Turner type, high ranked Broward kid with very little to no interest in Miami at all & wants to go to Bama or whichever SEC team shows him the most attention.
LCE,Kelly is another kid we seem to have a good shot at.

Isn't his mom a UM grad? Guess i'm part of the tribe that thought we at least had a small chance.

Advertisement

L, if we have a fantastic year, you think we can change the mindset of kids that have little interest in Miami and instead appear locked to the SEC?

Never understood why some seem to think we have a better shot with him than Stewart or Jackson. High ranked Broward kid, Semenhole legacy who plays at AH where we struggle with our own legacies. Shoot your shot but it’s the longest of the 3 shots....

Advertisement
Pulling Marvin Jones would be like FSU pulling a Blades kid or Michigan pulling a Bosa kid
I'm not saying UM has a shot with Jones Jr, but your analogy is off because Blades mother was not a former FSU athlete and Bosas mother wasn't a former Michigan athlete.

Man it's weird in South Florida, because where I'm from the Mother would have much more say than the Father in those type situations.

Not that the Woman makes all the decisions, but that boys usually don't want to disappoint or move to far away from their mother, unless they just absolutely have to.

Advertisement

Not Kelly?

i'm not losing sleep over marvin jones jr.

if he's too stupid to consider UM, then that's his problem. the same way he should consider a lot of places.

Took one look at his body type and said "nope". Same frame a Jahfari Harvey, but carries a lot less muscle.

Homegrown or not, we can be selective now that the cupboard is full.

He's a lifer:

1617294114333.png

Advertisement
Back