Marvin Jones JR throws down the U

Advertisement
Scared of flying.
Have a brother who’s terrified of flying. He visited Europe by driving to New York and taking a transatlantic cruise over. Probably something that’s not feasible right now but you may want to put that on your bucket list to be able to check out a live game in the future.

Advertisement
Have a brother who’s terrified of flying. He visited Europe by driving to New York and taking a transatlantic cruise over. Probably something that’s not feasible right now but you may want to put that on your bucket list to be able to check out a live game in the future.
Maybe.

I always say, if I have a gf that gets me to sit my *** in a plane and visit the world, I will marry her on the ******* spot.

Scared of flying.
Take a Xanax. You know in your heart that it's very safe and that you are having an irrational phobia. You can't let a phobia stop you from living your life. So pop a pill, go to sleep on the flight, see some ****ies on South Beach, then go to a game at Hard Rock, and then spend the rest the weekend down in the keys. Come on man.

Take a Xanax. You know in your heart that it's very safe and that you are having an irrational phobia. You can't let a phobia stop you from living your life. So pop a pill, go to sleep on the flight, see some ****ies on South Beach, then go to a game at Hard Rock, and then spend the rest the weekend down in the keys. Come on man.

That's what my mother does.

It makes absolutely zero sense to me, but whatever.

Advertisement
We will see.

Advertisement
whats-up-my-*****-jackie-chan.gif

Advertisement
Well, MJJ ain't coming, so..... 🤷🏿‍♂️
Let me preface my remarks by saying that I'm not approaching this subject from an irrational homer, compulsive sunshine pumper point of view.

Months ago I saw this recruitment as a total waste of time. I looked at MJJ as a front running primadonna that thought himself too good to sign with the hometown team. I figured that he would end up at Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State. The fact that he is an FSU legacy and the son of former nole LB Marvin Jones will not matter in the end because FSU is currently a dumpster fire.

Now all the above may end up being true but I can't shake this gut feeling that we are nowhere near to being out of it for MJJ. I believe that UM has truly made him stop and think about the possibility of staying home. I think there are many factors at work here in my opinion.

The first being that UM has significantly upgraded its staff and Jones knows what a quality coach Jess Simpson is.

Secondly UM and its brand appeal is going through a major resurgence evidenced by our recent recruiting success with James Williams, Leonard Taylor, Romello Brinson Brashard Smith, Trequon Fegans, Khamari Rogers etc....

There is also the NIL that he could really take advantage of in Miami just as well as he could at any other school.

Lastly is our defensive scheme and the fact that DE is a major glory position in that scheme coupled with the extremely high probability that he would play as a true freshman and quite possibly start. Jones knows that he would have the coaching, the opportunity and the scheme necessary to maximize his ability to get to tbe next level.

Don't get me wrong. Jones is the type of freak talent who could make it anywhere. I just think that Miami provides him with the ideal environment for him to accomplish his goals. I just have a very strong gut feeling that he is looking at UM much more seriously than most would expect. Just a gut feeling. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Advertisement
Back