MARTELL Eligibility

Advertisement
I wonder what the reason is.

I had been thinking about this...in law school, there is a concept called "visiting student", which is where you can apply to spend your final year of law school at another school. HOWEVER, you still get your degree from your original school. A friend of mine spent his third year at UM Law, but got his JD from his original law school.

I am not sure if there is something comparable at the undergrad level.

Additionally, I believe that all of Tate's college credits have been from Ohio Taint classes. I wonder whether he could take one semester's worth of classes at UM and have those classes transfer to Ohio Taint, so he could still get his diploma from Taint. Now, his family might have to pay the spring tuition at UM just to keep things straight with the NCAA, but it seems like it could be worth a shot.

Just trying to think outside the box.
It should work that the classes from Taint count here and he gets a UM degree.

Coaches can be as confident as the wish. What really matters is what the NCAA thinks. While I am hopeful for the best, this inside scoop doesn't tell me much.

The other option, OSU gives a full release for him to play immediately, waiver.

Coaches can be as confident as the wish. What really matters is what the NCAA thinks. While I am hopeful for the best, this inside scoop doesn't tell me much.

Exactly....its freakin Miami and the NCAA. You can never feel great about that prospect if and until Miami wins the VERY rare thumbs up.

UM

I see your point here, but if his family can pay our high tuition, He can take say 18 credits this semester, 6 on summer A and 6 on summer b so by late July right before Falls drills begin, he would have taken 30 credits at the U that is a full year load plus the credits he is transferring from Ohio St he should be able to graduate before the season starts and then for football purposes transfer wherever he wants be eligible to play and go to UM grad school. He should be able to practice during the Spring as a walk-on. which is allowed.

No. Once he starts taking classes here he has “transferred” according to the NCAA and therefore can’t be a grad transfer. I don’t understand why this is so hard for people to understand.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back