MARTELL Eligibility

Advertisement

I wonder what the reason is.

I had been thinking about this...in law school, there is a concept called "visiting student", which is where you can apply to spend your final year of law school at another school. HOWEVER, you still get your degree from your original school. A friend of mine spent his third year at UM Law, but got his JD from his original law school.

I am not sure if there is something comparable at the undergrad level.

Additionally, I believe that all of Tate's college credits have been from Ohio Taint classes. I wonder whether he could take one semester's worth of classes at UM and have those classes transfer to Ohio Taint, so he could still get his diploma from Taint. Now, his family might have to pay the spring tuition at UM just to keep things straight with the NCAA, but it seems like it could be worth a shot.

Just trying to think outside the box.

Advertisement

I had been thinking about this...in law school, there is a concept called "visiting student", which is where you can apply to spend your final year of law school at another school. HOWEVER, you still get your degree from your original school. A friend of mine spent his third year at UM Law, but got his JD from his original law school.

Additionally, I believe that all of Tate's college credits have been from Ohio Taint classes. I wonder whether he could take one semester's worth of classes at UM and have those classes transfer to Ohio Taint, so he could still get his diploma from Taint. Now, his family might have to pay the spring tuition at UM just to keep things straight with the NCAA, but it seems like it could be worth a shot.

I think if that was the case, players and teams would have been doing it. I'm calling BS on the source.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

I asked this very question a little while ago in another thread and was told that once he enrolls at Miami, he's officially "transferred" and no longer enrolled at Taint. I did that very thing - transferred my credits from one to another, however I was only enrolled in the latter.

I remember people finishing up a semester of undergrad at home and still getting their degrees from our school where they earned most of their credits. I had looked into it back then.

Saw this today on another board. General feeling there was both Fields and Martell will get their waivers.

"He will be eligible. Off top of my head he can point to Zach Smith and toxic environment at OSU. Claim some kind of moral code deal. Can say he was lied to about the Fields transfer and that Urban was gonna be his coach. If Fields has a case he certainly does."
"moral code" is the hot button here.

What I hear is they are going to use the changing of coaches at his old school as a reason to not sit out one year

Advertisement
Back