Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
That’s BS. Memorial Day weekend is basically always warm, the question is always whether it was warm enough to take the boat on Lake Michigan. Water will usually not have flipped yet and can be freezing. Miami weather obviously ***** on Chi but the statement we don’t get spring there is nonsense as well.
Troof. I'm in Chicago.

My issue with spring is allergies and melting snow = mud.

Otherwise April and May are my favorite months of the year. Days get longer, and the body is still acclimated to the cold so 45-50 degrees feels comfortable in a t-shirt. Grills can fire back up. It's great.

Who’s your guys pro companion for Lightfoot?
If he can put on some weight, his game reminds me a bit of Danielle Hunter's. Really good speed rusher with great bend ability (pause for you weirdos), looks like he can play in space, explosive athlete. I don't know that Lightfoot will be running in the 4.5's once he puts on weight like Hunter, but that's who I think of for him.

If he can put on some weight, his game reminds me a bit of Danielle Hunter's. Really good speed rusher with great bend ability (pause for you weirdos), looks like he can play in space, explosive athlete. I don't know that Lightfoot will be running in the 4.5's once he puts on weight like Hunter, but that's who I think of for him.
That's a hella good comparison

Advertisement
I absolutely love where the staff is headed with our DEs. The future is definitely bright and I am excited to see what the kids from 2023 and 2024 will do over the next few years.

Just need to continue to build up the interior and we will have something special. Pray that Burroughs keeps his head on straight, we hold on to Artavius, and then land two more good DTs from the portal and we will be set.

It’s coming together.
Is Burroughs still on the team?
I thought he was being kicked off for fighting.
Did they give another chance?

At this point I figured folks would be praising me for my sacrifice. I simply played off of my terrible luck and it actually worked. If people would back me financially I would make those bets every year and our roster will look like Alabama in no time.
I remember @rekofred saying this and thinking does he not know we have Mario as our HC? LOL Poor fool

Jalean Phillips
No way. Not saying he won’t turn into a similar player.
But people forget JP was the composite overall number one recruit in the nation.
Dude was lining up as a safety at 6’5 245 in high school.
IMG_4251.png

Advertisement
Whats wrong with spring?
Born in the Bay. 3 years sw burbs of chi. The rest has been Florida. All over.

4 seasons my ***. Summer is shorter than Xmas break. I never called it spring. Good reas why you typically find 2 things in every town. 1 church 10 dive bars.

No way. Not saying he won’t turn into a similar player.
But people forget JP was the composite overall number one recruit in the nation.
Dude was lining up as a safety at 6’5 245 in high school.
View attachment 270509
Am sorry but Phillips was a good player, i didnt see other worldly athleticism from him. I saw really good. I dont think its a far off comparison regardless of ranking. Not like Bain wasnt ranked pretty low for what he really is while other were the opposite

Advertisement
Phillips is/was an absolute freak what are you talking about.
Yup, there is an argument that he didn’t develop athletically in college as expected but coming out of HS the kid was a freak. Even then you have to consider that the kid was decimated by injuries and the second he was healthy he was a terror again and became a 1st rounder with just one season. Last note which is on one of his best strengths is motor. Many attribute motor to effort and there is some truth to it but the root of a motor is stamina which is an athletic attribute.

As it pertains to Lightfoot, there is a ton to like there but I think people are really missing the reality that this kid is a bit of a project, not major but he has to be coaches up. The canvas is there though for JT.

Am sorry but Phillips was a good player, i didnt see other worldly athleticism from him. I saw really good. I dont think its a far off comparison regardless of ranking. Not like Bain wasnt ranked pretty low for what he really is while other were the opposite
I’ll be the first one on here to admit that I really don’t know much about evaluation given the fact that I’ve never played the game.
But I sure have watched a lot of cod**** football.
So I’m going to ask the question “bro what the fcck are you watching”?
Jaylen Phillips at 6’5 240 was lining up at safety and picking six. He was lining up at punt and kickoff return and taking it to the house. He was getting double teamed, and pushing dudes back into the quarterback.
And he played in San Bernardino county better known as inland empire. A lot of talent comes out of there.
Maybe you have a different perspective on what worldly athleticism is but if that doesn’t qualify, then you must be talking about some freaking aliens.
And then you have to add to the fact that the dude stopped playing football, took about a year and a half off of his prime development years, lost about 50 pounds of muscle, self admittedly had an addiction problem, and then came back and worked himself back into a first round draft pick.

But hey everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

I’ll be the first one on here to admit that I really don’t know much about evaluation given the fact that I’ve never played the game.
But I sure have watched a lot of cod**** football.
So I’m going to ask the question “bro what the fcck are you watching”?
Jaylen Phillips at 6’5 240 was lining up at safety and picking six. He was lining up at punt and kickoff return and taking it to the house. He was getting double teamed, and pushing dudes back into the quarterback.
And he played in San Bernardino county better known as inland empire. A lot of talent comes out of there.
Maybe you have a different perspective on what worldly athleticism is but if that doesn’t qualify, then you must be talking about some freaking aliens.
And then you have to add to the fact that the dude stopped playing football, took about a year and a half off of his prime development years, lost about 50 pounds of muscle, self admittedly had an addiction problem, and then came back and worked himself back into a first round draft pick.

But hey everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

That is one of the BEST (if not the best) overall highlight reel I’ve ever seen.

WOW!

IMG_1314.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back