Marquez Ezzard

the twisting of words in this thread is ridiculous. OSU not objecting to the transfer does not equal "they helped him get it"

same for "he was forced out". there is zero indication that he wanted to stay and they made him leave.

Just shut up.

"Well, Tuesday a story from ESPN goes a little deeper. Martell tells Andrea Adelson that he was told at the tail-end of last year by Ohio State that he would be “better off finding another school.” It is not clear who in Columbus had this discussion, but it’s evident in the article that it upset Martell, but spurred him on to action at the same time."

And the FULL MARTELL QUOTE, not that little excerpt that was provided earlier:

“After being there for two years and not playing, I couldn’t risk it anymore. There’s a point where you love your teammates, you love everything about the school and the people there, but you have to start thinking about yourself and not doing it because these are my teammates. They all understood, and they weren’t upset at all.

“The good thing that happened was that I was told, so I wasn’t in a bad situation. So that’s the only thing I can say that was good about the situation is I wasn’t lied to.”

Oh, and there's this too:

"The article goes on to say that Ohio State’s nudging also resulted in some rather key cooperation with the NCAA that likely made the case that much easier for the former Gatorade High School Player of the Year to obtain his waiver to be eligible immediately. "

And then there is this:

"▪ It was enormously helpful that Ohio State did not object to any of the contentions made by Leach in his presentation to the NCAA even though the Buckeyes were given the opportunity to do so.

Nor did Ohio State suggest that Martell shouldn’t be eligible this season.

“I think what you had here is a situation where the request was made in a way that Ohio State did not oppose what we put in our request and they were cooperative with Miami,” Leach said. “That ultimately was helpful to us.”

UM athletic director Blake James also thanked Ohio State for their assistance in the process.

▪ Leach, according to those UM sources, made the case that once Martell entered the transfer portal, he was no longer affiliated with the Ohio State program and was essentially a free agent because of the way their divorce went down.

Here’s why: By the time he entered the portal, Ohio State had shown no interest in Martell staying.

“At that point,” according to a UM source, “he’s run off and now has to find a new home and found [UM].”"

I'm just tired of ignorant people making claims that are untrue. Ohio State COOPERATED with Miami to get Tate's waiver. When Ohio State was GIVEN THE CHANCE to block Tate's waiver, they did not do so. THAT IS COOPERATION.

AND, there is MORE THAN "zero indication" that he wanted to stay and was forced to leave.

JUST SHUT UP.

Advertisement
Just shut up.

"Well, Tuesday a story from ESPN goes a little deeper. Martell tells Andrea Adelson that he was told at the tail-end of last year by Ohio State that he would be “better off finding another school.” It is not clear who in Columbus had this discussion, but it’s evident in the article that it upset Martell, but spurred him on to action at the same time."

They told him that he would be better off finding another school bc he wanted the job handed to him

Advertisement
Seriously, just shut up.

Now you're just making stuff up to sound like you know something about this.

You know nothing about this.

It’s easy to read between the lies and see what’s not being said in this situation. You all really think a rational coach for no reason is going to tell a scholarship player that was as highly recruited as Tate Martell, randomly that he would be better off finding another school? Even if Day didn’t want him to be the starter why would he tell Tate that?

What makes the most sense is that Tate Martell bought into all the Justin Fields talk, approached his coaches about it demanding to be the starter or else... and they basically told him if that’s how you feel then you can go.

It’s easy to read between the lies and see what’s not being said in this situation. You all really think a rational coach for no reason is going to tell a scholarship player that was as highly recruited as Tate Martell, randomly that he would be better off finding another school? Even if Day didn’t want him to be the starter why would he tell Tate that?

What makes the most sense is that Tate Martell bought into all the Justin Fields talk, approached his coaches about it demanding to be the starter or else... and they basically told him if that’s how you feel then you can go.

You are a dope.

As just one example, it was widely reported that Day took Fields to an Ohio Taint basketball game and sat in the first row with Fields while recruiting him, and Tate wasn't invited and had to sit in the upper deck.

Again, YOU are the one who chooses to conclude that Tate simply pouted, made demands, and transferred out of a fit of anger. You and a couple of other porsters. And whether you agree or disagree, Tate has indicated, in multiple interviews, that he was (more or less, directly or indirectly) pushed out. So don't run around telling people that Tate wasn't asked to leave, when you don't know ****e.

And I'm not claiming to have "superior information", but it only took me 5 seconds of googling to find that there are numerous sources for the "asked to leave" storyline.

So stop acting like you actually know what happened with Tate, when you don't. Maybe it happened like you said. Maybe it happened like Tate said. Maybe it's complicated. But you need to stop insisting that your storyline is the only storyline.

You are a dope.

As just one example, it was widely reported that Day took Fields to an Ohio Taint basketball game and sat in the first row with Fields while recruiting him, and Tate wasn't invited and had to sit in the upper deck.

Again, YOU are the one who chooses to conclude that Tate simply pouted, made demands, and transferred out of a fit of anger. You and a couple of other porsters. And whether you agree or disagree, Tate has indicated, in multiple interviews, that he was (more or less, directly or indirectly) pushed out. So don't run around telling people that Tate wasn't asked to leave, when you don't know ****e.

And I'm not claiming to have "superior information", but it only took me 5 seconds of googling to find that there are numerous sources for the "asked to leave" storyline.

So stop acting like you actually know what happened with Tate, when you don't. Maybe it happened like you said. Maybe it happened like Tate said. Maybe it's complicated. But you need to stop insisting that your storyline is the only storyline.
Richt to Malik he would never play for him to but he stayed and fought! I’m just saying.

Advertisement
Who did he fight against? Evan Sheriffs??? There was no competition. Richt played him because there was no other option. Just saying.

Yup. They were hoping Brad would stay. Then tried to motivate Jack to put in the work because they hoped he would be next in line. When Jack left too we got stories about how great Perry was and he had a shot at starting as a freshman. Had at least 3 guys they wanted badly to start and Malik out lasted or outperformed them.

Richt to Malik he would never play for him to but he stayed and fought! I’m just saying.

What a bunch of gibberish.

Malik was a low-3-star dual-sport athlete who was never expected to be our starting QB. He had 2 years of remaining eligibility when Richt arrived, one of which he would have lost by transferring, since he had already redshirted earlier.

Tate was a high-4-star/low-5-star athlete who was expected to start. He had only been at Ohio Taint for 2 years.

Completely different situations. "Stayed and fought". As Chris Rock says, you're only as faithful as your options, and Malik had no options.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back