Marquez Ezzard

Look, moron, if you want to complain to the NCAA, feel free to do so. I am merely stating the rough guidelines given by the NCAA. Ezzard does not get a waiver based on the minimal guidance they have given. Richt retired, he was not fired, there was no scandal. Nobody fought with the kid, called him a racial word, or threatened him. He did not have any articulable reason for moving back home that would carry weight with the NCAA.

Don't be a little ***** with me. The fact pattern that Tate presented and the application made by Marquez are two different things.

You want to start a fight, do it elsewhere.
"Articulable"? Talking like a lawyer....criminal lawyer at that.

Advertisement
I mean no one knows what he or Tate put in their waivers so trying to argue on it is purely speculative.... I think a big difference no one has touched on is he is transferring in conference to an opponent we play this year.

Aside from Nick Starkel, can anyone else name a kid who transferred in conference to a scheduled opponent and was granted a waiver?
Don't know anything about Nick Storkel.

I mean no one knows what he or Tate put in their waivers so trying to argue on it is purely speculative.... I think a big difference no one has touched on is he is transferring in conference to an opponent we play this year.

Aside from Nick Starkel, can anyone else name a kid who transferred in conference to a scheduled opponent and was granted a waiver?
Good point. Wonder if it went uncontested too

Advertisement
Lol you know that’s some bs right? Crazy how this board just made that up.

You do know that Coach Day pretty much told him that he is bringing in Fields to start. Its why the other QB from Texas left also

Advertisement
You do know that Coach Day pretty much told him that he is bringing in Fields to start. Its why the other QB from Texas left also

No that’s not true.... Tate wanted assurances that he would start bc hes been part of the OSU program and waited his turn. Day told him he had to compete, Tate couldnt accept that trying to use the threat of leaving to get his way and the coaches basically told him he can do what he wants to do. So since Day wouldn’t hand Tate the QB job he turned that into “Ohio State told me to transfer”

Here is a real quote from Tate...

After being there for two years and not playing, I couldn’t risk it anymore,” he said. “There’s a point where you love your teammates, you love everything about the school and the people there, but you have to start thinking about yourself and not doing it because these are my teammates. They all understood, and they weren’t upset at all.”

Tate left because he didn’t want to compete for the starting job he thought was owed to him for waiting his turn at Ohio State.

Which is why Ohio State fans are clowning him because they believe he had a better chance of beating out Justin Fields looking at the results of the Miami QB competition and how unimpressive Fields has been both at OSU and UGa.

Last edited:
would u feel the same way if he went to UF or FSU?

If there not Canes who cares tbh

Truth be told, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Been there, it's business, and all this emotuonal stuff is fan stuff. FSU wouldn't be ideal, we play then yearly, but I'd be over it in a split second.

That is dumb it doesn't matter a coach can leave in the middle of the year and that school could have done nothing wrong and they have nothing saying they can't coach or recruit for a new school. But a kid has to sit a year and lose a year of eligibility because he wants to go somewhere else.
Yes. Like it or not, that's the rule. Barring any special circumstances like a major family issue, coaching changes, etc. Ezzard had none of those situations, Tate did.

Advertisement
Yes. Like it or not, that's the rule. Barring any special circumstances like a major family issue, coaching changes, etc. Ezzard had none of those situations, Tate did.
Mark Richt left, "promoted" Diaz. Just like Osu with Urban and Day.

Some of you guys don't make sense. So you would be ok with no rule? Meaning a player could transfer at any point and be eligible to play immediately?

So if Mark Pope purposefully waited until Thursday to transfer to UF and be eligible to play Saturday y'all would be ok with that?

You couldn't do that in business as any reputable company would have you sign a covenant not to compete.

For those that want no transfer impediments, you have to be ok with my scenario even if it seems farfetched. I could see bama telling a player to wait until the last minute to transfer to ***** over the team and get game plan info.

I'm ok with the general rule and allow for exceptions based on that specific player's circumstances.

Advertisement
Ohio state helped him get the waiver, doesn’t seem like they were upset he left.

the twisting of words in this thread is ridiculous. OSU not objecting to the transfer does not equal "they helped him get it"

same for "he was forced out". there is zero indication that he wanted to stay and they made him leave.

Advertisement
Back