Marques Gayot

Advertisement
Perfect LB for the type of defense golden runs, told yall they were going to switch him

Oh yeah because we remember when you said that.

Clown's trying to get credit in every thread. He was begging for credit for being the only guy to think Norton could play in your Norton thread too.

Naw just said that everyone slept on him when he can play, i thought yall like getting info about the team smh
This whole board has been asleep for two years. Good luck.

Advertisement
Perfect LB for the type of defense golden runs, told yall they were going to switch him

Not true. Golden is a fan of bigger 240+ pound type LBs.

Not on the outside, armbrister wasnt that big and gayot is basically his replacement, and is a much better player imo
That would be nice. Armbrister was no slouch.

He wasnt he was very underrated here, gayot is a little more athletic, not as big but he will be better in coverage since we love the LB coverage lol

If he's perfect for the D then why don't we recruit more LBs like him? Grace is the best LB we have yet Golden and Co constantly pass on small/fast LBs

To be fair, they have brought in about one of these per year. The issue is that they often pick the wrong one, and they pass on others because they only want one. For instance, they only wanted one of Grace and Moore...should have taken both. Probably should have taken one of Archer and Talan last year. Etc.
Talan not even on the depth chart at Nebraska. Archer would have insured that Scarlett commitment to Miami but the coaches didn't even think of that...

Talan wasn't gonna be on the depth chart anywhere he went (except maybe TCU). He's slightly over 200lbs. You don't sign kids like that with the in intentions of them playing right away.

Kirby is no Denzel. But rest of team got better and deeper. That 2014 class had a lot of talent.
Kirby isn't even Glen Cook at this point

LOL at guys sloughing off the loss of Perryman. Kirby hasn't done anything here. Perryman was an enforcer in the middle and a real difference maker. Mindbottling.

LOL at guys with first-grade-level reading comprehension. I wrote "Kirby is no Denzel". How was I unclear?

Losing Perryman was a huge loss. I believe the extra year of maturity of the 2014 class and the return of AQM and Jenkins, and the emergence of Elder makes the overall defense stronger.

Advertisement
Kirby is no Denzel. But rest of team got better and deeper. That 2014 class had a lot of talent.

LOL at guys sloughing off the loss of Perryman. Kirby hasn't done anything here. Perryman was an enforcer in the middle and a real difference maker. Mindbottling.

LOL at guys with first-grade-level reading comprehension. I wrote "Kirby is no Denzel". How was I unclear?

Losing Perryman was a huge loss. I believe the extra year of maturity of the 2014 class and the return of AQM and Jenkins, and the emergence of Elder makes the overall defense stronger.

That 1 extra year of experience for the message-board-heroes will make up for the loss of one of the most physically imposing defensive players we've ever had.

Gayot, Kirby, Crawford, Thomas and AQM have been dominant.

We won't miss DP or Gunter at all.

Good thing we can start 40 players on defense, so all of the greentree allstars can prove Alf right for pumping them up to the shills like Peter Ariz.

I agree with this! I wish they would have moved Jamal Carter to LB too.

Wanted Carter at linebacker since the day he signed with UM. If I remember correctly he played nickel linebacker in HS. At linebacker we need dudes with athleticism, speed and coverage ability. Gotta tackle too.

I like the Gayot move because it is a core principle of the JJ philosophy. Athleticism and speed can't be coached.

This is key, if Elder can keep up this level of play against the better ACC teams, it will definitely make a big impact.

I mean, look, against BCC it's really hard to tell what's what. But I saw a bunch of players out there that passed the first-glance eyeball test. And we have never lacked for talent, at any point during AG's regime. We still have the most active players on NFL rosters 14 years after our last championship. But I felt good about who we had getting reps. Seeing Jenkins and Bush play together a lot was heartening. Not seeing Wyche play very much because we have better tackles was heartening. Seeing our LBs make some aggressive plays was encouraging.

I just need to see it for the rest of this season, because we have had a tendency to shrink up when the pressure mounts against quality opposition.

This is key, if Elder can keep up this level of play against the better ACC teams, it will definitely make a big impact.

I mean, look, against BCC it's really hard to tell what's what. But I saw a bunch of players out there that passed the first-glance eyeball test. And we have never lacked for talent, at any point during AG's regime. We still have the most active players on NFL rosters 14 years after our last championship. But I felt good about who we had getting reps. Seeing Jenkins and Bush play together a lot was heartening. Not seeing Wyche play very much because we have better tackles was heartening. Seeing our LBs make some aggressive plays was encouraging.

I just need to see it for the rest of this season, because we have had a tendency to shrink up when the pressure mounts against quality opposition.

Nice post, for the first time in years seemed like we played defense like Miami. I know it was BCU, but it was nice to see the D force some negative plays. We definitely have some talented kids on defense, it will be interesting to see how they perform as comp gets better.

Advertisement
We are flat out better on defense with the exception being maybe a MLB.

What the ****?

Top player from every level of last years defense is in the NFL now.

It's more talent on the field, Denzel hurts but overall we have about 4-5 capable linebackers instead of 3-4 last year. Chickillo was ok at Miami but the players de now are better to put it nicely. We lost gunter but remember we rotated 5 corners in every game last year so we have lost much outside of perryman on defense to be honest.

Who are the better defensive ends?

And I don't mean the message board heros. Who's been better on the field?

I think overall, we are definitely better on defense. I loved Denzel too, but you guys are acting like he was Ray Lewis. Every time someone argues that the defense could be better this year, the rebuttal is always "We don't have Denzel!"...

I actually like Kirby. He is steady. He is Chris Campbell/Michael Smith. Wont ever be the star but he will play his role and be a soldier for the star. (Grace will be the star) He will have a career in the NFL. Not a long one but I wouldn't doubt it if he played for 4-5 years.

A DE rotation of CThomas/AQM/DJackson/Toolbox Trent is better then Chick/CThomas/Kamalu/Toolbox Trent and its probably not even close. But we will see when the season is over who was right and who was wrong.

Kirby is better than you all are giving him credit for. He is good...
What has he done other than be a highly rated high school recruit?

If he had been a three star nobody you would be talking different. All you are saying is he has talent in there somewhere.

If Kirby keep disappearing in games, I'd like to see Grace at MLB, and Gayot on the weakside; if Gayot is ready for that kind of action.

I know @ MLB, Grace isn't prototypical, but he's quick and strong enough to handle his own, and he ain't never scared!

Advertisement
If Kirby keep disappearing in games, I'd like to see Grace at MLB, and Gayot on the weakside; if Gayot is ready for that kind of action.

I know @ MLB, Grace isn't prototypical, but he's quick and strong enough to handle his own, and he ain't never scared!
Folden would eat kale before he'd play a 215 pound guy at MLB.

But if you cover that Kale with melted cheddar and bacon....

Didn't Spence play some mike though?

But if you cover that Kale with melted cheddar and bacon....

Didn't Spence play some mike though?

Out of necessity. I should have put the "unless he absolutely has to" caveat in there.

Im ready for this..I have never been impressed with Kirby..he doesnt seem very physical

Advertisement
Back