Marques Gayot to the U

Advertisement
these "lb all the way" posts are idiotic. he may grow into that, but, he isn't being recruited as that.

these "lb all the way" posts are idiotic. he may grow into that, but, he isn't being recruited as that.

There's nothing idiotic about it. Position changes happen all the time, and this guy is a perfect candidate with his lack of top end speed.

I'm still meh about this pick up. It would of been nice 3-4 years ago not in today's game

what better safety prospects do you see in SFL?

It's down year for safeties in south Florida, it doesn't mean we to settle for one. I still think Michael Johnson is better. Next year is a down year for DTs, I guess should settle for w/e scraps at DT south Florida has to offer.

and who were the top Safety prospects in SFL last year? …. Carter and Burns(played corner, but is widely considered a Safety prospect). So they got the top 2 prospects down here last year and got who THEY consider to be the best Safety prospect this year, and are going after Hester to solidify our depth… Cant do a much better job then that. And as far as not going after Safeties cause its a down year, thats retarded like the majority of the **** you say. We have 0 depth at the position right now and need depth now

How do you know THEY consider Gayot the best prospect this year? So because we have 0 depth we should settle for w/e safety south Florida offers, we can't go out if state? A great recruiter can convince a recruit that lives out of state to come play for them, yes even to a place like Miami. A bunch posters think he is going to be LB and lacks top speed, i guess they are part "I hate Al Golden" because they don't agree with mouth breathers like yourself. I knw You are going say something stupid like Ed Reed didn't run 4.3 blah blah.

A safety that lacks speed, need work in coverage and might be a LB, sounds like great safety

Advertisement
lack of top end speed doesn't make him a lb. and how do you guys know?
yeah, position changes happen all the time. i don't think the staff is recruiting a 6'1 200 safety with the thoughts he will be a lb for us in a year.

How do you know THEY consider Gayot the best prospect this year? So because we have 0 depth we should settle for w/e safety south Florida offers, we can't go out if state? A great recruiter can convince a recruit that lives out of state to come play for them, yes even to a place like Miami. A bunch posters think he is going to be LB and lacks top speed, i guess they are part "I hate Al Golden" because they don't agree with mouth breathers like yourself. I knw You are going say something stupid like Ed Reed didn't run 4.3 blah blah.

A safety that lacks speed, need work in coverage and might be a LB, sounds like great safety

How the **** do you know he is slow? how do you know he's not faster then Johnson?

Advertisement
all these guys talking about his lack of speed, athletic ability, etc is hilarious. unless they've seen him play, stfu.
and if you told me he's 6'3 220, i'd tell he'll be a lb. not 6'1 200.

4.56 is more than enough speed to play safety at the collegiate level. Kid reminds me a lot of Dashon Goldson in his play. Really good pickup for us.

Advertisement
Football recruiting: The updated Class of 2014 Big Board rankings

The football season is almost over and we have seen what each senior has to offer.

Palm Beach Central OT Kc McDermott, who is verbally committed to Miami, is still No. 1 on the PBGametime recruiting Big Board. (Photo by Gary Coronado)
Do you know what that means? It’s time to release a new edition of the PBGametime recruiting Big Board, which is compiled by staff writer Anthony Chiang. That rankings are determined using interviews with coaches, scouting services’ reports and notes collected from the football season.

There was some movement at the top of the list, as Dwyer wide receiver Johnnie Dixon and Cardinal Newman wide receiver Travis Rudolph traded places. Dixon started the season at No. 2, but dropped one spot to No. 3. Meanwhile, Rudolph jumped to the No. 2 position. In addition, Park Vista safety Marques Gayot moved to No. 4, and Dwyer safety Shawn Boone cracked the top five.

As Signing Day inches closer, we will continue to update the Big Board. Here’s the latest edition of PBGametime recruiting Big Board.

1. Kc McDermott, OT, Palm Beach Central, 6-6, 290
Committed to Miami

2. Travis Rudolph, WR, Cardinal Newman, 6-1, 185
Finalists: FSU, Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State, Florida, Tennessee

3. Johnnie Dixon, WR, Dwyer, 5-10, 187
Finalists: Alabama, Miami, Ohio State

4. Marques Gayot, S, Park Vista, 6-1, 205
Committed to Louisville

5. Shawn Boone, S, Dwyer, 5-10, 185
Favorites: Penn State, NC State, Ohio State, FSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Maryland

6. Rashawn Shaw, DE, Fort Pierce Central, 6-3, 228
Committed to Louisville

7. Clint Stephens, WR, Dwyer, 5-9, 170
Offers include NC State, Tennessee, Bowling Green, Miami and Wisconsin

8. Sharieff Rhaheed, LB, Fort Pierce Central, 6-4, 215
Offers include Alabama, Arkansas, Louisville, LSU, Missouri

9. Darrell Langham, WR, Santaluces, 6-5, 190
Committed to Miami

10. Kevin Bronson, DE, Village Academy, 6-4, 233
Favorites: Rutgers, USF, Arkansas, UCF, Miami, West Virginia

11. Adly Enoicy, WR, Atlantic, 6-5, 205
Offers include Wisconsin, Auburn, Cincinnati, Miami, FSU, South Carolina

12. Rashaun Croney, ATH, Pahokee, 6-0, 175
Favorites: South Carolina, Arkansas, FIU

13. Xavier Preston, LB, Jensen Beach, 6-2, 219
Committed to West Virginia

14. Stephen Louis, WR, Palm Beach Lakes, 6-2, 195
Committed to NC State

15. Sean Bowens, LB, Treasure Coast, 6-2, 215
Offers include NC State, FAU, Marshall, Massachusetts

16. Mark Kelly, DE, Dwyer, 6-0, 230
FIU, James Madison, Marshall offers

17. Ezra Saffold, WR, Dwyer, 5-7, 162
NC State, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan offers

18. Tre’Quan Smith, WR, Village Academy, 6-2, 175
Committed to UCF

19. Rudolph St. Germain, WR, Palm Beach Central, 6-2, 185
No offers yet

20. Shawun Lurry, ATH, Dwyer, 5-9, 170
No offers yet

21. Jimmy Moreland, CB, Royal Palm Beach, 5-10, 180
Offers include Appalachian State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Marshall

22. Renard Cheren, DB, Park Vista, 6-1, 195
Committed to Northern Illinois

23. Ronquavion Tarver, WR, Glades Central, 6-3, 175
Appalachian State, FAU, USF, Marshall offers

24. JP Caruso, QB, Palm Beach Gardens, 6-1, 197
Committed to Appalachian State

25. Zeke Edmonds, ATH, Royal Palm Beach, 6-0, 200
Offers include Appalachian State, James Madison, Marshall, Northern Illinois

26. Alon Sims, ATH, Royal Palm Beach, 6-2, 175
FAU, Massachusetts offers

27. Tommy McDonald, RB, Palm Beach Central, 5-10, 193
No offers yet

28. Jerry Jones, RB, Glades Central, 5-10, 175
Committed to FAU

29. Jay Hopson, DB, Pahokee, 6-1, 185
Western Kentucky, Appalachian State, FAU, Marshall offers

30. Bernard Willingham, CB, Glades Central, 5-9, 160
Committed to Akron

31. Alonzo Smith, RB, Dwyer, 5-11, 190
No offers yet

32. Will Jeanlys, ATH, Pope John Paul II, 6-2, 180
Committed to SMU

33. Darrian Josey, WR, Boynton Beach, 5-11, 160
Akron, FIU, FAU, Holy Cross, Marshall, WKU offers

34. Alex Ogle, QB, Jensen Beach, 6-3, 190
FIU, FAU, Massachusetts offers

35. Hayden Brockwell, OT, American Heritage, 6-5, 305
No offers yet

36. Jhanard Dorsett, DB, Palm Beach Central, 5-9, 175
No offers yet

37. Gerald Ferguson, LB, West Boca Raton, 6-3, 215
Marshall offer

38. James Holland, RB, King’s Academy, 5-7, 190
Committed to Colgate

39. E.J. Elien, RB, Seminole Ridge, 5-10, 208
Colgate offer

40. Trint Hanson, CB, Palm Beach Central, 5-10, 170
No offers yet

41. Arrian Parham, LB, Cardinal Newman, 6-0, 190
No offers yet

42. Emmanuel Smith, RB, Park Vista, 5-7, 165
Tennessee State offer

43. Mike Perceval, DB, Fort Pierce Central, 5-9, 160
No offers yet

44. Bernard Eberhardt, CB, Santaluces, 5-8, 170
No offers yet

45. Caleb Perez, TE, Palm Beach Gardens, 6-1, 215
Marist offer

46. Qwad Martin, ATH, Park Vista, 5-9, 192
No offers yet

47. Jerrad Ward, LB, Dwyer, 6-0, 190
No offers yet

48. Daikwon Fuse, DL, Dwyer, 6-3, 262
No offers yet

49. Derry Brown, ATH, Pahokee, 5-11, 180
No offers yet

50. Nate Cannon, ATH, King’s Academy, 5-11, 180
No offers yet

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...the-updated-class-of-2014-big-board-rankings/

**** I'm a little late to this party...

Welcome to the U baby!!!!!! Yes!!!

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p700/Sandman137/Hurricanes/rock-bouncing-*****-o_zps477ce465.gif

Advertisement
updated with quotes

by Anthony Chiang
After verbally committing to Louisville in April, 2014 Park Vista safety Marques Gayot never ruled out Miami.

He continued to attend Hurricanes games and visited UM’s campus. On Friday night, Gayot officially switched his verbal commitment from Louisville to Miami.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound senior said he changed his mind because UM is “close to home” and the “program is on the rise.” Gayot is also excited to have the opportunity to compete for playing time right away.

“When I went down there, coach Al Golden sat me and my dad in a room and basically put it all out on the line right there,” Gayot said. “He said they really needed me because they are limited with safeties. I have a great opportunity to come in and play.”

Hurricanes defensive backs coach Paul Williams and defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio visited Gayot’s home on Wednesday and helped cement Gayot’s decision to commit to Miami.

“It was just a great experience for the University of Miami to come inside my house,” Gayot said. “When he came, my family was just so excited because they never thought I would come this far.”

Gayot, who is rated as the fourth-best prospect on the PBGametime recruiting Big Board and a three-star recruit by 24-7 Sports, is the first safety in the Hurricanes’ 2014 recruiting class. Miami allowed 233.4 passing yards per game in the regular season.

Three players from Palm Beach County are now part of Miami’s 2014 recruiting class — Gayot, Palm Beach Central offensive tackle Kc McDermott and Santaluces wide receiver Darrell Langham.

In a recent visit to Miami, Gayot got to know current Hurricanes defensive backs Deon Bush, Tracy Howard and Rayshawn Jenkins.

“It’s amazing,” Gayot said. “I love it here. I felt like I was already on the team.”

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...hes-commitment-to-miami/#sthash.6TGDEGAb.dpuf

262.gif

I am color-blind, do I miss something?

Nice get, welcome to the U! :stormwarning:

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1003985/highlights/69360379?autoplay=1[/video]

kid has instincts.

Advertisement
Back