Mark was under pressure to fire Jon

Advertisement
So Richt put the rest of the staff in the unemployment line cause he couldn't fire his obviously unqualified son. That's ****ed up.

Advertisement
This is why you don't hire family. Even if Jon was qualified (he wasn't), Mark should have understood this from the optics alone. Or had the wherewithal to tell Jon beforehand that this is the big time, and if things don't work out there may be a chance he has to fire him.

From Golden's loyalty to his bff D'OH NO frio to Richt's loyalty to his son/assistants, the next coach that comes here better be ready to make any changes necessary to help us win; I hope we can all agree on that.

This is why you don't hire family. Even if Jon was qualified (he wasn't), Mark should have understood this from the optics alone. Or had the wherewithal to tell Jon beforehand that this is the big time, and if things don't work out there may be a chance he has to fire him.

From Golden's loyalty to his bff D'OH NO frio to Richt's loyalty to his son/assistants, the next coach that comes here better be ready to make any changes necessary to help us win; I hope we can all agree on that.

Flexibility is a must

Advertisement
Via Bruce Feldman.

“A person with direct knowledge of the matter told The Athletic on the condition of anonymity that a big reason for Richt’s exit is that he was under pressure to remove his son Jon from the Hurricanes coaching staff. Jon Richt was the Hurricanes’ quarterbacks coach.”

Mark Richt at even the INTIMATION that he should fire Lil Jon:

Advertisement
So what's all this bull**** being tossed around about Manny keeping Jon on staff? How does that make any sense in light of this report?

Jon should have jumped in the grenade and stepped down. He is an idiot.
Yep.... and the maroons here are singing Mork's praises as if he stepped away because of his love and devotion to the U....

...the phoney Cane only wanted to build his kid's coaching career ... forget what happens to the program or the future of the kids who signed up to play for us...

..thank heavens JW didn't transfer..
Does this help us or hurt us with JW?

Advertisement
So what's all this bull**** being tossed around about Manny keeping Jon on staff? How does that make any sense in light of this report?

Yeah its true. I think most of it is just jokes. Honestly the whole offensive staff should go. I will be extremely disappointed if thats not the case.

No way that could be true is there?

Was there some sort of an agreement between Richt to no go after his buyout to keep his son on staff? Please tell me our admin aren’t that weak...never mind, I know they are.

Advertisement
Back