Mark was under pressure to fire Jon

njstateofmind

Positively Positive
Via Bruce Feldman.

“A person with direct knowledge of the matter told The Athletic on the condition of anonymity that a big reason for Richt’s exit is that he was under pressure to remove his son Jon from the Hurricanes coaching staff. Jon Richt was the Hurricanes’ quarterbacks coach.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
wrong. he was told get an OC and he knew a new oc would probably fire everyone but dugans and maybe brown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone knew that’s where changed needed to start. Then he needed to fire Searles and hire an OC. It was all too much for Richt so he did the honerable things and stepped down.

Heard the firing of Jon was the straw that broke the camels back. Also heard Mark was kinda okay with hiring an OC a few weeks ago but cooled off the idea.

Advertisement
Via Bruce Feldman.

“A person with direct knowledge of the matter told The Athletic on the condition of anonymity that a big reason for Richt’s exit is that he was under pressure to remove his son Jon from the Hurricanes coaching staff. Jon Richt was the Hurricanes’ quarterbacks coach.”

Mork took the whole ship down for not doing the right thing...selfish

He should have just demoted Jr. Hired an OC. Instead he put his staff and their families in a ****ked up predicament. For that, Mork was selfish.

I'm glad he went the route he went. I don't think he was selfish at all. If he stayed and hired an OC but still called the plays.... NOW that's selfish.

Good Riddance, pimp!

I'm glad he went the route he went. I don't think he was selfish at all. If he stayed and hired an OC but still called the plays.... NOW that's selfish.

Good Riddance, pimp!

Stepping down because you couldn't fire your Son is selfish and not fair to the other 9 coaches, families and their livelihoods. Those other coaches career are essentially dead too. Jr could have just stayed at Dads house if he was fired. That's what millenials do anyway.

Advertisement
Back