Mark Walton

I would like to think that players/recruits/coaches/high school coaches read or have someone read the internet boards.

and that maybe, the online community's outrage at Ice Harris in the recent recruiting cycle has made him say this.

Advertisement
When you win, local and out of state high schools try to jump on board and develop a pipeline,

when you are win much, you need support from local schools to build a solid program.

After RS was fired, the "racial" thing kicked in and Ice decided to play the "kids go wherever they want to go" bs.

MT6 was NEVER going to end up in Miami, he had way too many anti Miami talk in his ear. Kirkland wanted to go to Miami but decided to be an idlot at the end missed out, now he has to go play at .. ARKANSAS! with a cornball like Alex Collins.

We win = Ice and everyone else in Miami will line up to blow coach Golden
we lose = Golden has to line up and blow every coach so we can get better recruits to build this program.

If Harris didn't go on the radio and bad mouth Miami coaching staff I doubt many fans would hate on him as much. I don't think fans expect him to push anybody towards UM. Technically, no coach is supposed to do that. He wouldn't be blamed for Kirkand and Thomas going somewhere else.

Advertisement
Thomas was never coming and Kirkland didn't know where he was going so we did kinda miss on him but he wouldn't qualify anyway

This. MT6 really didn't want to come here. Family and local pressure kept us in it.

And the staff seemed to be the only ones who didint know this, smh. I will say Golden seems to have learned a lesson in this mess.

Are you trying to imply that we should have stopped recruiting the best defensive prospect in South Florida since Patrick Johnson? Because if so....I don't even know how to respond to something that dumb.

so it takes 2 years, maybe even 3 to find out where you want to take a free education and play ball? when a player have fewer options it dont take as long(you might be thinking less schools less choices) but what im saying it isnt as hard as it seems to pick a school

Advertisement
If Harris didn't go on the radio and bad mouth Miami coaching staff I doubt many fans would hate on him as much. I don't think fans expect him to push anybody towards UM. Technically, no coach is supposed to do that. He wouldn't be blamed for Kirkand and Thomas going somewhere else.
really because it seems like that is exactly what fans expect.

look w thomas, he wanted to get away from home. it was obvious and i think i read a post NSD interview that he made up his mind the night before but his mom said she wouldnt sign the NLI (USC) so he chose the school closer to home. to those who arent from miami, not every kid wants to stay home. in one of mt's tweets before NSD, he said theres nothing to do in miami. he wanted to leave and he did. DK was a mess. the way it went public didnt help, but as long as we win were going to be fine w recruits in the future. these kids didnt grow up during the good ole days of Miami football. ****, they were what 6/7 when we win won a title and were truly dominant

Advertisement
We didn't miss on Kirkland, only Thomas.

Thomas was never coming and Kirkland didn't know where he was going so we did kinda miss on him but he wouldn't qualify anyway

You got that right. I don't understand why we ever thought Thomas was interested. Mid week token visit? Give me a break. Maybe we learned from Thomas and Collins that we have to recruit the kid not the parents. Throw in Keef also.

Some of you follow recruiting and still have no idea what the **** is going on. Look at Tracy Howard the year before, Deon bush....no penciled them in as canes but miami pursued and pursued and got both of them to go to The U. You can't just give up before the race even started. In this case with Thomas he was gone from the beginning, but if we would've had a 10 win season & Kirkland came to Miami who would've known what would have happened. Recruit Alex Collins parents? His mom stole his **** NLI because she wanted him to go to miami so bad. The kid told everyone close to him he was going to Miami, and on the trip up to Atlanta he changes his mind. Not to mention his mentor was in his ear from the start. Keef was a troll who won't even qualify at fsu and isn't worth the time talking about.

Advertisement
It is all quite possible that Ice and Golden or other coaches have spoken since signing day and patched things up. I do believe it was all a "misunderstanding" but as we see now theres a lot of speculation that Kirkland does not have the grades to even get into Arkansas. Is it possible Miami found this out, dropped his scholly to open it up for someone else... Absolutly.

Thomas however, I think he wanted to go to FSU the whole time and thats gonna happen with some recruits....thats ok thought I would love to see Gus Edwards run him over or Duke juke him out of his shoes next season...

Most of you here have a clue what you're talking about. First of all, Ice didn't persuade Matthew to do anything but give Miami a fair shot. He was the reason Matt opened up to answer phone calls or to even set up that mid-week official visit because in all honesty Matt didn't want to even do that. He blew up about the Kirkland situation because he had told UM coaches to focus more on Kirkland and not Matt and pretty much how they went about the whole thing. That stuff is dead at this point though and both parties have fixed their issues with it.

As for his son, FSU isn't the highest school on his list. He has Arizona, Boston College, Cal, Purdue, South Carolina, and Florida all just as high and the only reason Miami isn't high on his list is because they aren't actively recruiting him. He has expressed that he'd be open to being recruited to UM as a defensive back so playing QB isn't the issue. Why he hasn't been offered is crazy being that he was the best player on arguably the best team in the state last season.

Still some Ice haters I see....interesting.

i am firmly on the fence myself, but people either cup his balls or hate him. either way is fine, but until btw is considered a backyard pipeline again don't expect things to change after team harris' work on the heels of the kirkland debacle. exactly nothing has happened since that time (in the anti ice crowd's eyes) to convince anyone otherwise, because he and his staff cannot unsay anything they have said.

it will not get better if this years trio end up at fsu either.

Last edited by a moderator:
really because it seems like that is exactly what fans expect.

No, they expect him to not get on the radio and badmouth UM and its staff, considering what we have done for him and his two sons. Dont think thats so much to ask either.

Advertisement
Back