Mark Walton

Timcanes

Sophomore
From Canesport:

Ice Harris: "I hope him and his parents really analyze it and look at it the right way and stay home and go to Miami at this point. That would be awesome for him, the system there with a back like that who can catch the ball. People will see what he can do this spring."

This is him talking about Mark Walton getting his first offer as a freshman this year, from Miami over the weekend.

Advertisement
haa! Ice trying to earn some brownie points with the local community by supporting a kid to stay home in 2016.... whatta guy!

Advertisement
**** ice and his bull****. Behind the scenes he doesnt want one player to go UM

how do you know?

he doesnt help us when he encourages players to wait til signing day to commit, most of the schools looking at players like thomas or kirkland dont give two sh.its about the other players so please dont say he want them to get looks from other schools, and this clas more of the same

Atleast Ice is saying the right things because it'd be nice to land Chad and/or Patten. Not thrilled about the idea of bringing in Treon, but thats just my opinion based on his athletic ability.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thomas was never coming and Kirkland didn't know where he was going so we did kinda miss on him but he wouldn't qualify anyway

This. MT6 really didn't want to come here. Family and local pressure kept us in it.

And the staff seemed to be the only ones who didint know this, smh. I will say Golden seems to have learned a lesson in this mess.

Are you trying to imply that we should have stopped recruiting the best defensive prospect in South Florida since Patrick Johnson? Because if so....I don't even know how to respond to something that dumb.

how do you know?

he doesnt help us when he encourages players to wait til signing day to commit, most of the schools looking at players like thomas or kirkland dont give two sh.its about the other players so please dont say he want them to get looks from other schools, and this clas more of the same

Wow, so then most coaches in America don't help out Miami or other colleges when they tell their kids to wait until signing day to get all their visits and make the best decision. Then you must hate almost all high school coaches then.

Advertisement
At the end of the day UM can't just count on a high school coch o get a recruit and I am pretty sure they don't but there are rare times a coach is really needed

how do you know?

Wow, so then most coaches in America don't help out Miami or other colleges when they tell their kids to wait until signing day to get all their visits and make the best decision. Then you must hate almost all high school coaches then.

I don't necessarily agree with his premise, but you're not exactly making a great point by taking as extreme of a leap as him.

We didn't miss on Kirkland, only Thomas.

Thomas was never coming and Kirkland didn't know where he was going so we did kinda miss on him but he wouldn't qualify anyway

You got that right. I don't understand why we ever thought Thomas was interested. Mid week token visit? Give me a break. Maybe we learned from Thomas and Collins that we have to recruit the kid not the parents. Throw in Keef also.

Advertisement
Back