Mark Walton has questionable vision

TrumpCane

Recruit
seen a lot of runs where his vision is questionable. For exmaple here, this simply cannot happen. This is a huge run if he can make a basic read.

12:09

Was a good play call on 3rd down. Blocking was there. #63 on the pull gets a great block. Instead Walton runs the wrong way. What's he doing?

If he follows his block it looks like a huge run maybne a TD if he can make a move on the safety Lane. One guy to beat.

Run is @ 12:09

[video=youtube;R-yw2r1YkGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-yw2r1YkGI[/video]

0Xb30w

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with you and it's the one thing keeping him from being a truly elite back. He runs hard, good power, speed, but runs into the line for too often. Give him Yearby's vision and we have something special.

Yearby is far and away a better pure RB. I would like to see Yearby get more touches each game.

I agree with you and it's the one thing keeping him from being a truly elite back. He runs hard, good power, speed, but runs into the line for too often. Give him Yearby's vision and we have something special.

Agreed. he has better measurable then Yearby, but I think Yearby is the better back.

Yearby had some goods runs vs FSU.

Yearby is an every down NFL back. Mark Walton will make it on talent but only situational. He doesn't find holes and is not very shifty

I will say, nobody on here can knock his big play ability though kid houses one a game. That fsu one should have counted and would have been enough to win the game most likely

Advertisement
Yearby is an every down NFL back. Mark Walton will make it on talent but only situational. He doesn't find holes and is not very shifty

I will say, nobody on here can knock his big play ability though kid houses one a game. That fsu one should have counted and would have been enough to win the game most likely

yearby doesn't have the speed, but has every other tool . . .

it's only one game, but based on previous games i thought walton's vision and patience had improved . . . he was great vs fau . . . the last two weeks not so much

Advertisement
Threads like these, are the reason why I've been on here for years and refuse to post much. Is his vision elite? No but he's a great back and we need to shine light on that.

Threads like these, are the reason why I've been on here for years and refuse to post much. Is his vision elite? No but he's a great back and we need to shine light on that.

There a reason he couldn't follow his block there?

Advertisement

OPs post is solid and worth discussing (it is a message board you know).

I get frustrated too watching Walton miss holes or cut back lanes. He could be special given his running ability, but he just doesn't have the vision. Not sure you can teach that either.

This is another reason I'm giving Richt a pass this season. We don't have an elite back. Not even close. Yearby is solid but is slow and not a game changer. And Walton we just discussed.

He missed some big holes in the GT game as well.

He's put up numbers against low level comp. we need him to do that against our next 2 opponents. These games will dictate where our season goes. We need to be able to run against this team.

Advertisement

Walton has been here for 1 1/2 seasons and the most that he's gained against a Power-5 team is 59 yards...absolutely nothing great about that.

Waltons can be our FCS killer. He's got a role. Feature Yearby and Gus more against FBS teams. See what young Homer can do.

Advertisement
Back