Mark Walton getting a tryout with the Dolphins

Advertisement
Maybe because Walton has been arrested multiple times this off-season.

I'm a Dolphins fan bro....with our straight up garbage ownership and management, there is no downside to this, anymore than Jimmy Johnson giving Lawrence Phillips a 3rd or 4th chance with the Dolphins. Get your **** together and have a career, or don't...we will move on with or without you. (and still suck in all likelihood)...

Advertisement
Glad someone gave him a chance but sadly he made his own bed and lost the trust of every front office around. I’d really be surprised if he makes it into camp with his legal **** pending.

The whole purpose for Mark leaving college early was so he could take care of his family due to circumstances that no human being should have to go through. I am hoping that these past few months have been a big learning lesson for him, because fair or not fair, he has some major responsibilities on his hand.

Here's to hoping for the best for the young man!

I'm a Dolphins fan bro....with our straight up garbage ownership and management, there is no downside to this, anymore than Jimmy Johnson giving Lawrence Phillips a 3rd or 4th chance with the Dolphins. Get your **** together and have a career, or don't...we will move on with or without you. (and still suck in all likelihood)...
I'm a Dolphins fan as well and I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he isn't twitching and acting all crazy then what's the problem?

If he tries to fight everything in sight then it was a bad idea.

He has a tremendous opportunity with Miami. Typically a team will keep at least 4 backs on the roster. Drake and Ballage are locks to make the roster, so he'd really just need to beat out one of the two rookies, 7th round FB Chandler Cox or 7th round RB Myles Gaskin.

I'd put my money on Walton over Gaskin at the NFL level. Gaskin was prolific stats-wise in college, but he's just too small of a build to think he'd outshine a clearly thinking Mark Walton.

Advertisement
He has a tremendous opportunity with Miami. Typically a team will keep at least 4 backs on the roster. Drake and Ballage are locks to make the roster, so he'd really just need to beat out one of the two rookies, 7th round FB Chandler Cox or 7th round RB Myles Gaskin.

I'd put my money on Walton over Gaskin at the NFL level. Gaskin was prolific stats-wise in college, but he's just too small of a build to think he'd outshine a clearly thinking Mark Walton.

If nothing else he can position himself to land on the practice squad while living at home in Miami.

Since you brought it up, since the last incident I had a fear this is what he has. Undiagnosed bipolar disorder. So treatable.
Sometimes treatable, sometimes sufferers never have a "normal" life outside brief periods. I worked with BP patients for 5 years, and, coincidentally lived with a partner with BP for about as long. I can't be sure that's what Walton is dealing with but it's a reasonable hypothesis.

If he isn't twitching and acting all crazy then what's the problem?

If he tries to fight everything in sight then it was a bad idea.
You never know where and when an episode will strike. Barrett Robbins missed the Super Bowl because of a bad manic episode that came on out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Back