Mark Walton done for season

View as article
Advertisement
I really don't see him leaving early. He has a good support system and great university to lean on. I think he comes back.

Canes junior running back Mark Walton will miss the remainder of the season with an ankle injury will require surgery on his right ankle.

Travis Homer has been more than reliable in his backup role this season. Trayone Gray will likely see more snaps, and freshman Deejay Dallas could also get worked more into the mix.

Many within the Miami program have suggested that this was going to be Walton’s last season at UM with the expectation being he would turn pro.

Was this thinking prior to the Injury ? You think he's gone next year ? I think it would be a mistake to leave now

Advertisement
I really don't see him leaving early. He has a good support system and great university to lean on. I think he comes back.

Not sure why he would declare. He's been solid (against low level comp mostly) but not 3 and out good.

Advertisement
I feel bad for Walton going down, but in my opinion Homer is good enough to play through. Real good. On any other squad, he could be a starter. Homer power running is much appreciated. I won't say I like him more than Walton, but I am very much a fan of Homer leading Miami. The only problem now is... who can play back up. Will Trayone Gray ball out? Deejay Dallas has the skill set and size to play RB. Long story short, I don't think injury hurt our journey to the ACC championship. What about Navanugh Donaldson? THAT'S AN INJURY THAT CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Yes, what's the status of Donaldson? No matter who is RB, running behind Donaldson is a luxury. Also, what is the injury report on AR and Redwine?

Advertisement
Looked like he needed surgery before the game. Speedy recovery G.

If Coach Richt utilizes Homer to his talents we will be fine. His vision is not as good as Waltons but he is fast and good at the cut back. Bottom line if the O-line plays better then ALL our remaining RB's will look good.

Advertisement
The inability to recruit a decent rb this last recruiting class could cost us now.

Robert Burns isn't decent?
How many rushes does he have again?
Losing Gus and Yearby didn't help either.

How many rushes he has his freshman year is completely 100% irrelevant to "not being able to recruit a decent RB last class"

Burns was a plan b project from the beginning, however not because of his talent level. He is a 5 star talent but the coaches already knew that he was injury prone from the beginning and they took the gamble and offered. Maybe he (and we as fans) are lucky and his body endures the physical test of playing college football, hey hope dies last. But he is no factor in the running game so far, although needed.

So does Walton come back next season? Has to right...

What RBs would be rated higher than him besides Saquon Barkley? I think he's gone.

(Not my personal opinion) Other running backs that are still healthy and could potentially perform well enough at the combine to push Walton down on some teams draft charts:

1. Derrius Guice
2. Royce Freeman
3. Nick Chubb
4. Sony Michel
5. Bryce Love
6. Rashaad Penny

Last edited:
Well, ****. Guess we should pump the brakes on the playoff talk:monkey-serious:

Nope . Homer is almost an equal talent . Now if Homer got hurt maybe but we still good. This sucks for Walton and I hate injuries but crap like this happens.

No, he's not.

He for sure is a better athlete and faster. Walton is a more complete back but homer has shown some flashes

We will see in due time but I don't think we miss a beat with homer imo

Soooooo Tony he's at least equal right?

Advertisement
Back