Mark Walton done for season

Advertisement
****, man

This offense was supposed to work through Walton. Not to mention the leadership and spirit he brings to the field. Homer is a stud in his own right, but Walton seemed to have put everything together this season. Very disappointed for him and for this team and for us fans.

That said, we beat FSU without him being effective as a runner. I think Homer will flash and be a more than adequate replacement, but we need a reliable dude to be our new number two.

Is Burns healthy?

Advertisement
I feel bad for Walton going down, but in my opinion Homer is good enough to play through. Real good. On any other squad, he could be a starter. Homer power running is much appreciated. I won't say I like him more than Walton, but I am very much a fan of Homer leading Miami. The only problem now is... who can play back up. Will Trayone Gray ball out? Deejay Dallas has the skill set and size to play RB. Long story short, I don't think injury hurt our journey to the ACC championship. What about Navanugh Donaldson? THAT'S AN INJURY THAT CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Consider this possibility: Walton just could return for his senior season.
The pros may want that ....

Advertisement
He is still gone

We willl be ok with Malik getting better and getting some reps to choc, burns and deejay.

Malik's rise makes this doable, if he's been bad, it would be catastrophic

Yes, Walton didn't get many yards, but FSU had to account for him at all times.

And Walton was a blocking warrior - and bought some time for Rosier every time he was back there blocking.

We're going to miss him - no matter what adjustments/changes we make.

Loved that guy for being tough as crap and wanting to win, win, win.

I’m not concerned at all about Homer picking up the slack as a runner. I’m more concerned about blocking (Walton was great in pass protection) and our depth is now non existent. They better move Dallas to RB now.

I really feel bad for Mark and it’s a major disappointment for the Canes. It’s always next man up and Travis Homer has the goods. I must say that CMR did not manage Walton properly and as a head coach he really SCREWED this up. Mark should be commended for tenacity and willingness to play in pain. As far as CMR is concerned he really mismanaged Walton and the running back situation. CMR needs to play at least Dallas and Gray in major roles while making sure Homer is not overused and abused. Learn from your mistakes CMR and a coach of your experience should know better.

Advertisement
We ****ed...our snd and 3rd string RB's arent natural running bacls and never played the position in high school.. Is Burns Healthy?

Brutal loss for this team. Really hurts our chances of winning the coastal.

Disagree. While we're all hurting for Mark, we did pull off a road win against a very talented team basically without him.

Without Walton we don't win that game. He had some key blocks.

But Homer and Burns and Gray need to be ready. Next man up!

Thomas Davis is going to earn that paycheck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel bad for Walton going down, but in my opinion Homer is good enough to play through. Real good. On any other squad, he could be a starter. Homer power running is much appreciated. I won't say I like him more than Walton, but I am very much a fan of Homer leading Miami. The only problem now is... who can play back up. Will Trayone Gray ball out? Deejay Dallas has the skill set and size to play RB. Long story short, I don't think injury hurt our journey to the ACC championship. What about Navanugh Donaldson? THAT'S AN INJURY THAT CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Homer is perhaps a bit less athletic than Walton but has more breakaway speed. Can he do the little things Walton did so well is the question.

Advertisement
Good chance for Rick to get more creative in the run game. He can get 8 carries per game out of Thomas/Harley/Berries on jet sweeps.

I don't know why we couldn't sit him for a while. This sucks for Walton. I wish him the best.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back