Mark Richt's term at Miami has all kinds of support

Whether you think they were misguided or on point, the banners weren't flown by some bored, *****y, entitled fans with nothing better to do. It was born out of pure passion and love of The U.

Kaaya is entitled to his opinions of course, but there obviously would never be any banners flown directed at Mark Richt. Golden got banners flown because he was a piece of **** human being, not because he lost football games.

Advertisement
“It’s hard when I know any bad decision I make on the field is going to affect my coach,” Kaaya said. “If I throw a pick, or if I do something that’s going to lead us losing this game, there’s going to be a banner up at our next home game. We’re 3-0 and I’m going into the Cincinnati game and there’s a banner. I’m just thinking, ‘I hope we don’t lose this game. I hope I play well so my Twitter mentions aren’t going to have, ‘I hate coach Golden’ or ‘Fire coach Golden.’

“We put in all this work and there’s a banner saying, ‘Bring back Butch.' ... 'Throw it in the tank for the season.’ Geez you’re giving up on us, too? That part right there, it was hard to take at times as a player. It was a bit nerve-wracking.”

Worst fanbase in football. ****ing embarrassing. Brad had it good compared to Jacory too, it's amazing we can even recruit top QB's with the way we treat our players.

These statements are softer than Charmin. We need players that want to shut a fan base up for calling out their coach. Not start with all the boo-hoo bullsh!t.

And Twitter mentions?!?! Our QB is worried about Twitter mentions?!?!

Kaaya has all the tools but needs to sack up and quit complaining like a soft-shouldered little girl.

What would Ed Reed have said about a banner?

Ed Reed didn't lose 15 games in 3 years...He can get away with saying "**** what the fans think"..
On another note, you can't compare an aggressive DB leader on the best team in the history of NCAA...
To the current face of our program. Show me where any of our great QB's trashed our fan base.

Folden was like an even more paranoid Captain Queeg. He didn't want any former players around because he knew he was a fraud and that they'd see through him even if they publicly praised him.

And so much for the banners having no affect and being ignored by everyone.

Chise, yet again you seem to have had another lucid moment - and you're dead-on.

Folden belonged at UM like a rabbit in a wolf den.

Kudos to those who flew the banners - they worked. Sometimes it's more merciful to put a badly wounded animal down. And Golden was completely mangled.

Banners didn't get Golden fired. 58-0 did.

“It’s hard when I know any bad decision I make on the field is going to affect my coach,” Kaaya said. “If I throw a pick, or if I do something that’s going to lead us losing this game, there’s going to be a banner up at our next home game. We’re 3-0 and I’m going into the Cincinnati game and there’s a banner. I’m just thinking, ‘I hope we don’t lose this game. I hope I play well so my Twitter mentions aren’t going to have, ‘I hate coach Golden’ or ‘Fire coach Golden.’

“We put in all this work and there’s a banner saying, ‘Bring back Butch.' ... 'Throw it in the tank for the season.’ Geez you’re giving up on us, too? That part right there, it was hard to take at times as a player. It was a bit nerve-wracking.”

Worst fanbase in football. ****ing embarrassing. Brad had it good compared to Jacory too, it's amazing we can even recruit top QB's with the way we treat our players.

These statements are softer than Charmin. We need players that want to shut a fan base up for calling out their coach. Not start with all the boo-hoo bullsh!t.

And Twitter mentions?!?! Our QB is worried about Twitter mentions?!?!

Kaaya has all the tools but needs to sack up and quit complaining like a soft-shouldered little girl.

What would Ed Reed have said about a banner?

Ed Reed didn't lose 15 games in 3 years...He can get away with saying "**** what the fans think"..
On another note, you can't compare an aggressive DB leader on the best team in the history of NCAA...
To the current face of our program. Show me where any of our great QB's trashed our fan base.

Would any of our other great QB's complained about a banner flying over the stadium or would it have just ****ed them off and motivated them more?

Advertisement
Folden was like an even more paranoid Captain Queeg. He didn't want any former players around because he knew he was a fraud and that they'd see through him even if they publicly praised him.

Chise, yet again you seem to have had another lucid moment - and you're dead-on.

Kudos to those who flew the banners - they worked. Sometimes it's more merciful to put a badly wounded animal down. And Golden was completely mangled.

Exactly.

You're joking, right?

Any idea why he and his staff choked so easily?

Everywhere they went - the banners were flying. Couldn't concentrate - were reacting - lots of desperation.

Yeah. The Banners DID work. The fans quit, and his team quit. 58-0, baby.

You're joking, right?

Any idea why he and his staff choked so easily?

Everywhere they went - the banners were flying. Couldn't concentrate - were reacting - lots of desperation.

Yeah. The Banners DID work. The fans quit, and his team quit. 58-0, baby.

...can't tell if serious.

I think Golden would have been fired after last year regardless. The banners didn't make that happen as much as 58-0 did. I just feel like the banners made us look bad as a fan base. Like not only do they not go to games, the ones that do fly negative banners. Looked bad to players/recruits as well. People can say what they want but Golden making it through to 2015 was the best thing that could have happened. If he would have got canned after 2014, we'd be stuck with Randy Edsall or some similar cheap hire that would excited no one. Things worked out perfectly, just not sure we needed the banners to do it IMO. Obviously, some of you think they were the difference maker in him getting fired. Agree to disagree. If the banners were so impactful, why didn't we bring back Butch? Don't say because we hired Coach Richt, Butch wasn't getting the job regardless.

Advertisement
With all due respect, Kaaya will be gone in 1-2 seasons... even if he would have transferred over it, it was worth it to get rid of Golden. Sorry, but its the truth.

Golden made his bed by not firing NoD(I personally think it's because they're butt buddies) because he believed his system worked, burned bridges with SFL high school coaches, and the Alumni at the end refused to support him. On top of that his teams horrendously under performed...our situation is similar to ND and Charlie Wies, We had a coach that believed because his system worked at another job that it'll work here but both fell horrendously on their faces and failed to realize that this wasn't their other jobs. Notre Dame brought in a proven coach who wasn't a one hit wonder in Brian Kelly and the fan base embraced him as we should to Mark Richt. We should show up to games, we should pitch in as much we can to improve our program, we should show them that we're buying in and prove everybody wrong about us and rub their big fat Alabama lovin $EC loving nose in it. As to the banners, please continue to tell me how they worked when they didn't hire butch Davis

Last edited:
These simps don't understand the power and impact of a strong propaganda war. They think 58-0 had nothing to do with the chaos and toxicity surrounding the program. They think Clemson was just 58 points better than is. Morons.

Advertisement
Golden made his bed by not firing NoD(I personally think it's because they're butt buddies) because he believed his system worked, burned bridges with SFL high school coaches, and the Alumni at the end refused to support him. On top of that his teams horrendously under performed...our situation is similar to ND and Charlie Wies, We had a coach that believed because his system worked at another job that it'll work here but both fell horrendously on their faces and failed to realize that this wasn't their other jobs. Notre Dame brought in a proven coach who wasn't a one hit wonder in Brian Kelly and the fan base embraced him as we should to Mark Richt. We should show up to games, we should pitch in as much we can to improve our program, we should show them that we're buying in and prove everybody wrong about us and rub their big fat Alabama lovin $EC loving nose in it. As to the banners, please continue to tell me how they worked when they didn't hire butch Davis

I truly believe that the banners got Al fired mid season, he would have survived to the end otherwise. Now, Shalala leaving somewhere in there may be an indication she was the one holding on to him and not Blake. But I'm gonna say banners... embarrassing as they were, they were necessary. They didn't hire Butch, but Richt fell in our lap. I'll take it.

Kaaya should be sending thank you notes. He knew nothing else at the time but I'm sure they all are breathing a sigh of relief their career won't be a massive underachievement like players like Duke and Denzle who had great stats with not even a bowl to show for it

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I think Golden would have been fired after last year regardless. The banners didn't make that happen as much as 58-0 did. I just feel like the banners made us look bad as a fan base. Like not only do they not go to games, the ones that do fly negative banners. Looked bad to players/recruits as well. People can say what they want but Golden making it through to 2015 was the best thing that could have happened. If he would have got canned after 2014, we'd be stuck with Randy Edsall or some similar cheap hire that would excited no one. Things worked out perfectly, just not sure we needed the banners to do it IMO. Obviously, some of you think they were the difference maker in him getting fired. Agree to disagree. If the banners were so impactful, why didn't we bring back Butch? Don't say because we hired Coach Richt, Butch wasn't getting the job regardless.
U are the same type who said no coach would want to coach here because of the banners. And no recruits would want to come here. It did nothing but showed we were serious and not accepting the bull the administration was putting out. We pretty much kept all the recruits and got a top ten national coach with other qualified candidates salivating at the job.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

I truly believe that the banners got Al fired mid season, he would have survived to the end otherwise. Now, Shalala leaving somewhere in there may be an indication she was the one holding on to him and not Blake. But I'm gonna say banners... embarrassing as they were, they were necessary. They didn't hire Butch, but Richt fell in our lap. I'll take it.

I'm not saying that it didn't help, it did but to actually believe it's the only thing that got him fired is asinine. Everyone could see how cancerous he was from saying 7-5 is a good season to his stupid scheme that time and time again was proven it didn't work but to say the banners got him fired alone like some are?? And to say the staph choked?? Really?? So not winning a bowl or a coastal title let alone the ACCCG didn't help??, not winning against FSU since 2009 didn't help(yea even Shannon beat FSU), a 17-18 record in the ACC didn't have any affect, or two epic collapses in back to back seasons but the banners did?? It helped but 58-0 broke the camels back

Last edited:
Nah, actually I'm not the type to say that because I didn't really care about the banners enough one way or the other to say much about it. I expected an excellent hire from the beginning so provide proof or GTFOH with that nonsense supa. Just didn't think it was a good look or necessary to get him fired. I believe he and his staffs incompetence would have taken care of that. The team and fanbase had already given up on him. He was a dead man walking, don't see how he makes it out of last year with or without banners.

SMH. Crazy that the palyers had to deal with that.

Wtf r y'all talkn about... All of that is the reason Golden is gone, Kaaya is just the type of person that cares about what other ppl are dealing with but he never had any hate aimed towards him. Jacory is the one UM qb that was terrotized by this fan base mainly bc we had a black bc that wasn't getting it done

When the stadium is empty and the fanbase does nothing but bash coaches how could that not be viewed as hate his way? Golden getting fired was a foregone conclusion the banners were just added embarrasment. You idiots wanted blake james gone too but its clear now he had a plan and was 5 steps ahead your beligerance.

If you idiots had your way golden wouldve been fired 2 years ago and shalala wouldve picked another coach and truly buried this program

Golden should've been fired 2 years ago and you have no clue how that would've turned out if he were, Shala wasn't going to do **** she already knew the fan base had it out for her at that time.... And We definitely would have more talent and not be dealing with depth issues on this team if he was fired back then. Are u seriously defending Al Golden?

Kaaya is learning life lessons gfoh with the awww I feel sorry that he went thru that bs..... I'm ****ed all of our highly recuited UM fb players, before, that could've gone to a legit program, and received all of the attention and development that comes with it, that were ruined, going through there entire fb careers playing under the worst coach in fb history only bc they just wanted to be hurricanes regardless.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back