Mark Richt

Dudes slobbering over 10 win third place SEC finishes. Pathetic. Get ahold of yourselves.

UGA fans scratch their heads and want him fired every year. They've lost 7 games they were favored to win over the last few years.

Advertisement
Thread started as a joke. But whatever.

Saban has lost big games too... He even took Georgia southern off the schedule because he feared the triple option. Urb has gotten that *** cracked a few times too especially after tebow graduated, it happens.

But great coaches don't go thru it time and again. The point was he is an upgrade.

Saban has lost big games too... He even took Georgia southern off the schedule because he feared the triple option. Urb has gotten that *** cracked a few times too especially after tebow graduated, it happens.

But great coaches don't go thru it time and again. The point was he is an upgrade.
Yes everyone loses games. He just loses more than he should with the talent he has.

Yes. He's an upgrade. You'd be an upgrade. I'd rather not go from AIDS to herpes. I'm looking for that Magic Johnson cure.

Advertisement
No idea where I stand on him, I think he should have done something bigger now, Georgia's got talent but at the same time he's in the SEC.. I think with richt we'd be in the ACC champ frequently, guy can recruit to but can we win a Natty under Richt which is the ultimate goal I'm on the fence about that

Great person, first off. Slightly above average coach, great recruiter (or staff), but really hasn't killed it or taken program to the next level. Grew up in Boca (dad worked for IBM), but personally not a fan of South Florida. Miami couldn't afford him, step down and would have no interest in the Miami job. Imagine UGA will be his last job. And will continue to cherry pick a couple top South Florida recruits a year.

Yes everyone loses games. He just loses more than he should with the talent he has.

Yes. He's an upgrade. You'd be an upgrade. I'd rather not go from AIDS to herpes. I'm looking for that Magic Johnson cure.

Truth

Advertisement

Unfortunately for UM (and as any South Park fan could tell you) it's been proven that the cure involves a direct injection of large amounts of cash into the affected area...

Y'all are clueless on UGA! lol

UGA doesn't even have an indoor practice facility!

Some of y'all claim Miami isn't a "big boy" program because we don't have one ... Well, neither does UGA.

Are they not a "big boy" program? And if not, then Richt must have done miracles there! LOL

Seriously, the guy is a legit coach! If they beat Bama in 2012, Richt probably wins a BCS title over Notre Dame, and some of yall dumping on him are BEGGING him to "honor his UM pride like Harbaugh, and come save the program"!

He's won 74% of his games, overall, and 69% in the SEC. He's won 6 SEC East titles, and he's 9-5 in bowl games.

He's a top 10 HC in college football!

And UGA fans are only bitter because they have to listen to fans from Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, and Alabama brag about winning a title ... But they can't argue that their program is better than all of them, except Bama, LSU, and (maybe) Auburn, over the past 10 years.

Bama has a top 2 coach, with LSU having another guy in the top 10. Auburn benefitted from have a freak season from Cam Newton ...

Mark Richt would be a dream hire for Miami! It's not happening, so it doesn't matter. But short of getting Urban or Saban, Richt would be among the best options in college.

This is hilarious ... Some Miami fans want Gary Pinkel or Mark Stoops to come coach the Canes, but "no thanks" to Mark Richt?!?!?

Only on Miami message boards ...

[video=youtube;sMkqOgJ3Gv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMkqOgJ3Gv0[/video]

Next.

LOL

Did you happen to notice Boise was ranked 5th in that game, while UGA was ranked 19th?

Or, notice that Boise team finished the season 12-1, with their only loss being 36-35 to TCU?

LOL

Did you happen to notice Boise was ranked 5th in that game, while UGA was ranked 19th?

Or, notice that Boise team finished the season 12-1, with their only loss being 36-35 to TCU?

I did notice. They were ranked 5th with Cali/pacific northwest scraps, while Georgia has access to highly-touted southern savages.

Richt isn't a bad coach, but he doesn't win games he's not supposed to, and often loses games he shouldn't.

Advertisement
Hes 136-48 with 9 ten win seasons.
This thread was sarcastic but hes actually a good coach [MENTION=5779]MizCane[/MENTION]...

And i beleive the talent he would have immediate access to here is better .... So yea id be very happy if he was ever hired here

Talent? UGa out recruits us?

Mark Richt is the king of ****ing away opportunities and wasting elite level talent. No thanks.

Some of y'all claim Miami isn't a "big boy" program because we don't have one ... Well, neither does UGA.

Are they not a "big boy" program? And if not, then Richt must have done miracles there! LOL

Seriously, the guy is a legit coach! If they beat Bama in 2012, Richt probably wins a BCS title over Notre Dame, and some of yall dumping on him are BEGGING him to "honor his UM pride like Harbaugh, and come save the program"!

He's won 74% of his games, overall, and 69% in the SEC. He's won 6 SEC East titles, and he's 9-5 in bowl games.

And UGA fans are only bitter because they have to listen to fans from Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, and Alabama brag about winning a title ... But they can't argue that their program is better than all of them, except Bama, LSU, and (maybe) Auburn, over the past 10 years.

Bama has a top 2 coach, with LSU having another guy in the top 10. Auburn benefitted from have a freak season from Cam Newton ...

Mark Richt would be a dream hire for Miami! It's not happening, so it doesn't matter. But short of getting Urban or Saban, Richt would be among the best options in college.

This is hilarious ... Some Miami fans want Gary Pinkel or Mark Stoops to come coach the Canes, but "no thanks" to Mark Richt?!?!?

Or there is only 1 expectation at Miami, National Championships. Mark Richt isn't a National Championship coach.

I hate UF but they haven't been better then UGA the last 10 years? They have 2 titles, UGA lost only 2 games once and finished the season unranked 4 times.

Maybe you are a fan of mediocrity.

Advertisement
UF has fired 2 head coaches over the past decade ... That would suggest there have been 2 periods of time where they were not very good.

But I acknowledge, Florida was better for 4 of Meyer's 6 years there. However, they were not better during the years of Zook or Muschamp. And I'm fairly certain UGA fans prefer Richt to McElwain.

Why, and/or how, am I a fan of mediocrity?

UGA is FAR from mediocre. They're the #9 ranked team in the AP pre-season poll ... When was the last time we were ranked that high in a pre-season poll?

UGA is almost always in the hunt for a BCS title.

And as a realist, I understand that the only thing you can reasonably ask for is to be in the hunt.

Jimmy Johnson and Howard are much better coaches than Dennis Erickson ... But only 1 of those coaches won 2 titles, and it's neither of the better coaches. Butch is a better coach than Coker, but only 1 of them has a national title.

Or there is only 1 expectation at Miami, National Championships. Mark Richt isn't a National Championship coach.

I hate UF but they haven't been better then UGA the last 10 years? They have 2 titles, UGA lost only 2 games once and finished the season unranked 4 times.

Maybe you are a fan of mediocrity.

Sorry, pal, but UGA is in the process of building an indoor facility. Also, their facilities are light years better than anything Miami has to offer. Again, pretty good coach, but not top tier - and the program continues to fall short of expectations, and a decent portion of fans would rather see a more cut-throat head coach.

Advertisement
Back