Mark Richt Car Wash Thread

Finally a coach that doesn't set the max of the season to winning the coastal. Richt actually wants to win big. refreshing

Advertisement
On CFL Live with Vilma:

-Jokes about Richt being in Olympics, and he says "anything for my country" jokingly
- Plan to get team to prominemce = playing hard, recruiting will be huge need to get point where we can stand attrition.
- Vilma asked how you get the original culture and swag back. Richt says the swag began with winning, and thats the goal.
-Says "we get to play in miami stadium" as opposed to "have to play". Then he talks about how he sells the stadium being 40miles away = Its gunna hold SBs, have 4 giant screens, roof, etc
-Wont put a limit on what they can do this yr.
- Says brad's a legit qb who can take his team the distance.
- Says hes still trying to figure out why schnelly played jim kelly over him after they show the pic of him with 4 other 1st round picks (next to Kelly, Testaverde, Kosar)
-Expectations this year. To make opponents respect what they see. says once they recruit how theyre supposed to, theyll be right back in the nation scene.
- To finish the show Vilma says He expects Championships and Heismans.

The host of CFB Live is a ******' ****!
Chris Cotter had his head shoved all the way up Jimbo's ***, but was giving Coach Richt a hard time about every **** thing.

On CFL Live with Vilma:

-Jokes about Richt being in Olympics, and he says "anything for my country" jokingly
- Plan to get team to prominemce = playing hard, recruiting will be huge need to get point where we can stand attrition.
- Vilma asked how you get the original culture and swag back. Richt says the swag began with winning, and thats the goal.
-Says "we get to play in miami stadium" as opposed to "have to play". Then he talks about how he sells the stadium being 40miles away = Its gunna hold SBs, have 4 giant screens, roof, etc
-Wont put a limit on what they can do this yr.
- Says brad's a legit qb who can take his team the distance.
- Says hes still trying to figure out why schnelly played jim kelly over him after they show the pic of him with 4 other 1st round picks (next to Kelly, Testaverde, Kosar)
-Expectations this year. To make opponents respect what they see. says once they recruit how theyre supposed to, theyll be right back in the nation scene.
- To finish the show Vilma says He expects Championships and Heismans.

Did not mean to neg. So sorry man. Good work, thanks for the breakdown.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;Lqms1zxwipw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqms1zxwipw[/video]

I like this the most. I understand the coziness of a college stadium. Though this stadium is used for the pinnacle of football which is the NFL. You can go to another place and play at their community center or you can come and play at the best. Not every player on the team will make it to the NFL but that is where they should be shooting for and this just gives you a chance to play at the same place NFL teams play and get some of that experience early.

Richt throwing out "paradise" just about every other word.

What I can't understand is why, as fans, we have not capitalized on the "Paradise" concept. I was watching The U docs a few nights ago and 'Paradise' was mentioned quite a bit. Every apparel store and half of our fans should be rocking gear with that paradise logo (the palm tree instead of an 'i') by game time.
Recruits will start their commitment speech with "I'll be spending the next 3-4 years in Paradise!"

Advertisement
I love how Richt says, absolutely confidently, that we will be in the running for championships soon enough. He truly believes it's just a matter of time.

They also asked about all the QBs who were there when he played and which one was the best. He did not give an answer to that. Just said Jim was a great competitor. Jim kind of lived his dream of playing QB at Miami. When they had the first practice as seniors and the other two were getting their reps he turned to Jim and said its a good thing they are getting out of there.

i've heard him discuss this issue a few times and he has gone on to say that he thought he was the best QB. Obviously, he is wrong, but you get a sense of how competitive the guy is that 30 plus years later and notwithstanding that his competition is in the HOF and the other two guys had above average careers in the NFL, he still thinks he was better.

I love how Richt says, absolutely confidently, that we will be in the running for championships soon enough. He truly believes it's just a matter of time.
I was just coming in here to post about his confidence. I love how he's said he's not gonna put a lid on what we can do this season. No tempering expectations by mentioning youth or lack of depth. Just a calm confidence to him.

Sent from my outdated Droid

Advertisement

can [MENTION=4597]Paranos[/MENTION] confirm this video by reposting? Not going to click on the link until then.

24th head coach in UM history
2+4=6
Illuminati
Richt bringing us that 6th Natty

numbers.jpg

Advertisement
Richt is not the type of guy to go crazy over a player on TV. I did however hear him use the words "deadly accurate & leadership" with Kaaya many many times today. I think Richt is in love with this kid. I expect our offense to be elite THIS season.

can [MENTION=4597]Paranos[/MENTION] confirm this video by reposting? Not going to click on the link until then.

Nice try A-hole. The reason I repost mobile links is because to view the link it takes you to sites like a YouTube which is often blocked by employers. Where as when the video is embedded with the desktop link it will play on this site. I am being courteous, because I remember what that was like back in the day to try an follow a link that was blocked by IT.

So please keep your 5cent commentary to yourself Mr. Dover and take it somewhere else.

Go Canes

Last edited:

Nice try A-hole. The reason I repost mobile links is because to view the link it takes you to sites like a YouTube which is often blocked by employers. Where as when the video is embedded with the desktop link it will play on this site. I am being courteous, because I remember what that was like back in the day to try an follow a link that was blocked by IT.

So please keep your 5cent commentary to yourself Mr. Dover and take it somewhere else.

Go Canes

took you a while to confirm but i appreciate it. just watched the video.

Go Canes

thanks for breaking the news that the video previously posted was posted, authentic and available. your the best Danny

Advertisement
Back