Mark Pope

Advertisement
All we ask for is effort. Remember when the board was on Mike Harleys ***? Do you hear them on his *** anymore?
What makes you think he’s not giving effort? Every player doesn’t become a first team All ACC guy the first time he touches the field. He improved this year from last year x 10. Let’s hope he even takes a bigger step next year. Bashing the kid ain’t it. It’s a lot harder than what most of these people on this board believe it is to be great. Not saying he doesn’t need to keep working in the weight room and on the field, because he does. To be creating a thread at 9pm when we didn’t even have a game that day is lame AF

Advertisement
when was the last WR we developed into an elite stud? richards was immediately a stud once he arrived.
We had a decent stretch with guys like Hankerson (with help from Cris Carter), Tommy streeter, Allen hurns and rashawn Scott

Except me...thats what stood out with him and Wiggins. They werent putting up the stats im use to with s.fla elites. I mean our elites can have a small amount of catches but then you would see their td receptions be high.

For example they would have 20 catches 400 yds 6-8 tds. Wiggins and Pope were pedestrian as **** their jr and sr years.
But, what did they do in 7 on 7? Lol. People see a kid light it up in 7 on 7 or 1 on 1s and forget that the kid is not a very productive football player (and by football player I mean playing 11 on 11 with pads on and referees and someone actually keeping score).

Edit: I am not hating on Pope, Wiggins or anyone else. These are kids we are talking about and they aren't the ones who overrate themselves.

Last edited:
When we was the last time Alabama developed a WR? or LSU? or any of the other big schools? Most of the big name WRs in CFB made plays since year 1.
Justin Jefferson mane. 3 star kid. Top rookie WRs and definitely one of the better WRs in the league. Crazy polished route runner.

Advertisement
Mark Pope is listed at 6’1” and 175 lbs. For Pope’s height, that is pretty light. I have seen Pope get manhandled and ragdolled coming off the line at times. Pope is fast, but IMHO, he should be around 190-195 lbs in comparing him to other So FLA elite 5 star WRs. He needs to spend more time with Feeley in the weight room and on the training table. For comparison:

Jerry Jeudy 6’1” 193 lbs
Calvin Ridley 6’1” 190 lbs
Amari Cooper 6’1” 210 lbs
Big Windy: I think Pope should live in the gym this off season.
Know the training table well, and If he comes back with good weight, attitude, and jugs all winter, this kid could justify his star status and be a a big time player.
Does he really want it, and is he willing to put in the time and effort?. We will see, but he has natural potential, and is a diamond in the rough.
There is a lot of upside to him .

Y’all rag on pope but don’t give Jeremiah payton a tenth of the criticism even though he’s been a MUCH bigger disappointment and was rated higher than pope actually. Y’all got some vendetta against this kid
It’s cause Pope became a legend on here with the ufag talk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mark Pope is listed at 6’1” and 175 lbs. For Pope’s height, that is pretty light. I have seen Pope get manhandled and ragdolled coming off the line at times. Pope is fast, but IMHO, he should be around 190-195 lbs in comparing him to other So FLA elite 5 star WRs. He needs to spend more time with Feeley in the weight room and on the training table. For comparison:

Jerry Jeudy 6’1” 193 lbs
Calvin Ridley 6’1” 190 lbs
Amari Cooper 6’1” 210 lbs
Devonta Smith is listed at 6’1 and 174 pounds and is projected to be a first round pick (per internet).
How do you reconcile that with what you wrote above?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back