Mark Pope

Not sure Chise, but what I do know is that other schools will gladly make up the difference. I would have preferred to hear comments on being a private university or smaller class sizes, feel me?

Advertisement
I thought the total cost of tuition stipends favored the more expensive private schools, like Miami.

Is that not the case?

Guess I'll start the **** storm on New Year's Day; I can't be the only recruiting vet that cringed when the talk of liking that we have the largest stipend was mentioned.

That must have changed recently because it wasn't close to being true when they started legally paying the players.

For real! I just don't get it how anyone let alone not a reporter has such a definitive stance on where my nephew is gonna go. **** from day to do he can't even decide his officials cause he doesn't know his major as of yet...

Guarantee he winds up at Clemson or another school not named Miami. Almost certain. He might commit to Miami, but in the end I think your nephew will sign with another school.

How in the **** you going to tell him where his nephew going to go?

Your acting like he is the primary decision maker for his nephew. As much conspiracy theory is thrown around here with the bagmen, hostess program, etc... and since Miami seems to be above the fray nice guy type of program that for some reason isn't recruiting like it should be. If this hightower kid is the goods. Well I'm sure someone will pay for his services. Ive seen this before almost like deja vu. Family member is like yeah kids all Miami or whatever. Kid commits to another school. Family member says to board well he got paid, or he had to do what he had to do while being cryptic.

Personally ally I've been clear on this. I don't make his choices. However he has two clear favorites that's Clemson & Miami. He loves dugans & he likes Jeff Scott. It's irrelevant to me or yall how he comes to his decision because it's his. Keyshawn tried to pay him to come back to either usc or Nebraska with this gibbia punk & his son. Won't happen. Other schools have bid let's just say for officials but we're very clear with all of them we have no interest in favors or pay. He's gonna go where he wants & no one is gonna black mail him into anything different.

This quote is for all the people who don't believe in the bag men

I thought the total cost of tuition stipends favored the more expensive private schools, like Miami.

Is that not the case?

Guess I'll start the **** storm on New Year's Day; I can't be the only recruiting vet that cringed when the talk of liking that we have the largest stipend was mentioned.

That must have changed recently because it wasn't close to being true when they started legally paying the players.
Travel expenses play a huge role in the stipend. That's why some inexpensive state schools in the middle of nowhere have such surprisingly high stipends. I think Auburn has a very large one. I'm going off memory from two years ago.

Advertisement
Btw, I just read Brooklyn's post again, and if he's correct regarding UM's stipend, that should be used as a HUGE recruiting tool. That's about 5 times as much as Auburn. That's 27k a year. The more I think about it, that can't be right. 27k a year times 85 players over and above the cost of the scholly?

Btw, I just read Brooklyn's post again, and if he's correct regarding UM's stipend, that should be used as a HUGE recruiting tool. That's about 5 times as much as Auburn. That's 27k a year. The more I think about it, that can't be right. 27k a year times 85 players over and above the cost of the scholly?

No chance that's accurate. The highest payouts I read a couple years ago were in the $5k per year range.

Advertisement
Back