Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

I'll never understand how Coley did not carve out a nice career for himself in the Nfl.
The Coley always injured meme is a misnomer. He actually only missed like two games his entire career. Yeah he would get tackled on a routine play and roll around on the ground for 5 minutes like he was hurt but he'd be back usually a few plays later, so I guess people figured he was actually hurt all the time. He didn't make it in the pros because his hands were maybe above average he was just an okay route runner, and he never really bulked up. Decent college player whose game never translated. Happens all the time.

Advertisement
He possibly has a landing spot already secured.
gary-payton-dunk-face.gif

Advertisement
I put out the ” here we go meme” over the summer because of them. I later posted they were supposed to leave over the summer and something changed. Pope for sure. I believe I posted about Pope in this very thread.

I thought he moved to CB? Seems odd he would go portal yet if he's in the middle of a position change.

Advertisement
He wanted to play and wr wasn’t happening.
I like to blame the staff but Pope is who he is. That was a missed eval....I'm sure Saban is having a sigh of relief. Don't know if he was pushing for Pope hard like that if I don't remember correctly....Pope was never a Juedy a sure fire lock. He was a bit over rated coming out of HS as we can see now.

You think they'd stick around on the end of the bench for a different coach?
I did t say that

But a lame duck coach about to get fired makes the decision even easier to leave the team

Advertisement
I like to blame the staff but Pope is who he is. That was a missed eval....I'm sure Saban is having a sigh of relief. Don't know if he was pushing for Pope hard like that if I don't remember correctly....Pope was never a Juedy a sure fire lock. He was a bit over rated coming out of HS as we can see now.

He looked friggin amazing at camps. I honestly think he has the yips. it's like that kicker we had. Can't let go of his mistakes and put them out of his head. ... I'm really rooting for him to turn it around at the next school. Good luck to him.

He looked friggin amazing at camps. I honestly think he has the yips. it's like that kicker we had. Can't let go of his mistakes and put them out of his head. ... I'm really rooting for him to turn it around at the next school. Good luck to him.
He's a seven on seven kid...camps they have no pass rush. Juedy was amazing everywhere cause he created separation easily and guy were five yards away....Richards was super speed and when he got to D1 the speed translated it was easy for him. U knew right there guys like that are special

Advertisement
Why go to the portal now? Why not?

You've already made up your mind and you aren't playing much. The cats out of the bag that you're done here, why drag it out?

Some companies I've worked for, they want two weeks or whatever you'll give them to find or train your replacement. Some companies, you give them notice they'll walk you out the door that day, you've already checked out.

I don't know how it played out. If I was the coach, I'd dismiss them from the team, not their studies or the school. They've checked out. In some rare cases you do keep someone around because they bust their *** and aren't a distraction.

Every case is different, but when you're done your done.

Pope spoke to Canesport today. Said he has already heard from Indiana, Jackson State, Virginia and Pitt. A bunch of others started following him. Feels he needs to get out of Miami and get a fresh start. Said he always felt pressure to perform or else get benched. He got inside his own head too much.

I think we forget he had 3 different WR coaches (Dugans, Stubblefield, Likens), 3 different OCs (Richt, Enos and Lashlee) and for a kid who struggled to learn the system, it was too much.

Advertisement
Back