Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark's an immature kid who has woefully underachieved but this is disgusting. First off, Deion completely manipulated the team into thinking that they were partaking in a hypothetical exercise instead of casting votes to remove a player that was IN THE ROOM Survivor Style. This should have been handled in private, with cameras off.

This is the same guy that walked into his first meeting with his players at Colorado and basically told them all to transfer. I hope recruits and their families are paying because Deion's shtick has always and will always be about entertainment and he will never be above doing something like this to anyone.
Preach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
but it killed two birds with one stone.

1672942629059.jpeg

y’all acting like these woke females that are allergic to accountability.

those kids went there knowing the cameras are there and anything that happens will be used for content. they know what they (literally) signed up for. the next player who wants to do what Pope is accused of will think twice because he knows he will get embarrassed on a national stage.

how many times y’all seen a player get cut on Hard Knocks? is it wrong for the cameras to be there when the player is told to step into the office?

So, if you hang out with Bill Cosby, does that mean you consented to rape?

Advertisement
Deion executed a perfect lesson for the entire team.

Life is hard enough if you do things right. Life is harder if you're stupid - working against those with a common goal.

Everyone who was there got a hard splash of cold water thrown into their faces. Reality.

**** around. Find out.

Another lesson: Not every ***** up gets a second chance. Much less a third. Sometimes payback is rapid if not instantaneous.

All life is a race, a hide, or a fight. Actions have consequences. Some instant. Some delayed.

Everything has a price - and you'll pay up front, as you go along, or on the backside. But you will pay.

(And I never was a fan of Deion - you can bet your life on that.)

Advertisement
I might have missed it in the clip (or maybe there is more on the show that wasnt in the clip), but do they ever say what he did? Or at least indicate if his teammates know what he did? Or for that matter even knew who he was talking about when he asked them to vote? I lean towards the team knowing who it was and what he did since all of the players in red (assuming offense) voted for him to stay those in blue (assuming defense) voted for him to go.

Also, assuming the offense/defense split was red/blue with the voting being so split between them, I would think twice before kicking him off when the entire offense wanted him back as it seems that would just create division between them. But, I don't know what he did and as others have noted, Deion seemed to have his mind made up prior to the vote.

From the way each player was talking, I got the impression they knew who he was talking about. Like anywhere he had teammates that wanted to give him another chance but he had a lot of people who was fed up. Imo the player was revealed to the cameras but the players knew. For some reason, that player that said “cut the cancer” seem adamant. And no one asked for context or what he did. That led me to believe the team knew.

Exactly. Using the whole “ teaching men and the Lord “ to push his own selfish agenda. When this whole gimmick train goes off the track it’ll be quite the show. Maybe he films that too?
Oh he will film it all, he is now Coach Kardashian!

Conversely, Mike Harley got the message and he turned it around in his final year—sticking around, doing the work and making plays—while both Mark Pope transferred to Jackson State, Dee Wiggins rolled up to Louisville and neither of these cats got it together.
Had they grown up and gotten their collective shatt together, both could've been major factors in a 2022 offense and depleted receiving corps that could've used them—working their way up the depth charts—but neither wanted to work, both bailed-out and neither balled-out.
Harley turned the corner before his junior year. He led the team in receptions, yards and touchdowns in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back