Mark Fletcher commits to Miami and a discourse on the history of greatest NFL runnings backs

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
In your mouth it is

uhhh-what.gif

I see what you’re saying and it does make sense

Also, no S&C expert, but you can target your fast twitch muscles for some speed gains. But back to the point, it is more or less something you're born with or not. Genetically some people have more of those muscles than others. Your speed IMO taps out genetically but practice, form and proper training can MAXIMIZE it.

Advertisement
Does he bring back memories of Willis McGahee. Mr. Mcgahee was 6’0-6’1 and 230lbs running a 4.28. Still to this date the most impressive specimen I have had the pleasure to watch live, it was unreal tje stuff he was doing before the injury………
No. Willis was one cut and go, and was the fastest and most powerful running back most have ever seen in college, like Adrian Peterson. I don’t think it is fair to compare anyone to McGahee.
I think the Leveon Bell comparisons are fair. Big back with good feet, runs hard, has some wiggle and can punish smaller players, but not likely to rip off a 50 yard run. But lots of 8-10 yard runs.

Advertisement
Also, no S&C expert, but you can target your fast twitch muscles for some speed gains. But back to the point, it is more or less something you're born with or not. Genetically some people have more of those muscles than others. Your speed IMO taps out genetically but practice, form and proper training can MAXIMIZE it.
This is a whole fascinating conversation when you start talking about camps and most notably the NFL combine

A kid can train his *** off for the 40 for example and improve greatly when it comes to speed, but then that doesn’t translate to the field because it’s not exactly “natural”

It’s been burning the NFL for decades so to your point yeah you can for sure but then there’s the whole nuance of how much does it mean for an actual game. Pretty cool stuff actually

Advertisement
No. Willis was one cut and go, and was the fastest and most powerful running back most have ever seen in college, like Adrian Peterson. I don’t think it is fair to compare anyone to McGahee.
I think the Leveon Bell comparisons are fair. Big back with good feet, runs hard, has some wiggle and can punish smaller players, but not likely to rip off a 50 yard run. But lots of 8-10 yard runs.
Bingo. Willis had special speed for someone who's 5'8", 185 let alone 6'1", 230. One of the biggest athletic freaks I've ever witnessed. Fletcher has good speed for a big back. And that's fine, because he does some things that Willis, especially 17-18 year old Willis didn't do.

Jit is a violent runner. Young Willis didn't quite have that attitude. Young Willis had a reputation for tipping in the hole and coughing up the rock if his confidence wasn't up.

Most if not all of his long runs are gonna come with a trail of carnage that he left behind, but he has the necessary balance, vision, power, enough speed and most importantly, the disposition to bust his fair of 20+ yard runs. Trust me, he'll pop some 40 & 50 yarders. Especially after he and Citizen have been leaning on a defense plus them having to chase CJ and Chaney(fingers crossed on the health)around all day...

Advertisement
Back