Mark Fletcher commits to Miami and a discourse on the history of greatest NFL runnings backs

View as article
1000000776.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I came to post something similar. How do you compare him (as a recruit) to Citizen?

I’d put him below Chaney and Citizen as a recruit, but higher than Franklin.

Injuries unfortunately kept us from seeing Chaney and Citizen last season, but pre-injury they were both more explosive and had much more top-end speed. Hopefully we’ll get to see both of them thrive and stay healthy in ‘23.

As far as Fletcher vs. Franklin, Fletcher is a big back who runs with violence and piles up yards after contact whereas Thad ran soft and fell over when a defender breathed on him.

Advertisement
Grasping to comp. this kid. Long, physical, determined like Adrian Peterson minus the speed. Could he grow into a Derek Henry bruiser-type? Not AP or Derek Henry. But could he develop physically into being Henry-like? Think how guys like Mark Walton and Cam Harris looked physically in HS compared to when they finished at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Admittedly i only watched a couple mins of Stevo's analysis of his highlights, but he looks slower than i expected

He will keep the chains moving. I would think 4.6-4.7 range currently based off film. You are correct he is not a homerun threat but he doesn’t have to be to be a very solid back.

Advertisement
Back