Mark A Richards

Malzahn is going to get destroyed by the Puppies and Baga so good chance he's fired, CMR has led with him playing on both sides for months and now more so at rb which he has a rich history with. Now the serious aspect I just can't see him saying no when he can come play for his brother who let's be real will be on the sidelines anyway he can. I for one can't see him saying no considering every factor

Malzahn won't get fired (he should) but it's going to be so nasty and vicious when AU loses a minimum of 4 games that it's going to be hard for Auburn to hold onto or sign anyone that isn't a die hard Auburn fan. The ONLY thing that's keeping Malzahn safe this year imo is the 32 million dollar buyout. I once thought there was a good chance that Richards was heading to Auburn but not anymore. It's going to get really ugly down there really soon.

Advertisement
Is his brother leaving the team or staying on like malek young did to coach and get his degree?

Staying like Malek. He was the biggest sideline cheerleader at the FSPOO game knowing that his career was sadly over. Very impressed with the kid.

Someone just show MAR this, this is from AU’s MOD on 247...

I was going to save some of this for 3 things I know, 3 things I think on Wednesday, but why wait?

Below are a few items I'm hearing from inside the locker room and others close to the program. If you don't want to hear some bad news, look away. I'm not hearing a lot of positive things inside the locker room, so click away if you'd rather go along your day without hearing what players are thinking in private.

- There is animosity in the locker room. Some defensive players have not been fans of Jarrett Stidham for nearly a year, and while that's not affecting play, obviously, the locker room features a lot of quiet corners, if that makes sense. Some players are playing for themselves, though the defense has managed to come together unit by unit, and are held together by Deshaun Davis and Marlon Davidson. The offense isn't the only unit with issues with chemistry, so I want to make that clear, and so did one of my sources.

- Chip Lindsey calls the plays and they're filtered through Gus Malzahn. Simple. Players know it and they think it's strange, leading to some unfavorable opinions of the head coach among players on both sides of the ball.

- Right or wrong, some players don't like Jarrett Stidham's happy, go-lucky attitude. He was smiling wide and skipping around outside the locker room after the game, prompting some parents and players to shake their head and grumble. Stidham is disconnected from the team, save for a few close friends, and a lot of the defensive players are not happy with him, his performances and his attitude. He shows leadership on game days, but the players don't see a killer instinct and his words ring hollow to several offensive players, and it's bothering the defensive players from afar.

- Several players are discussing departures after this season. Malzahn is being criticized privately by a handful of players inside the locker room, which isn't uncommon for any program, but the whispers are audible grumbles this season -- and have been for most of the year.

- Several receivers are frustrated with Stidham. Several offensive linemen want to leave if they believe they can be drafted in the middle rounds of the NFL Draft, but inserting my own opinion here, who exactly is going to be drafted from that offensive line?

- Simply put, there's dissension, albeit quiet, but it's growing and it's clouding the thoughts and actions of players at practice and on game days. There's not a player on offense everyone turns to for guidance, and while the offensive line has been an absolute mess, Stidham has done himself no favors in the eyes of the players.

- Malzahn is unaware of these opinions in his own locker room.

Again, that's what's happening in the locker room. I'm just sharing what I've been told by several people. I'm not taking sides and I'm certainly not altering what is being told to me.

My thoughts:

- I'll be surprised if Chip Lindsey doesn't look for a way out after this season.

- Several players will leave the program if something drastic doesn't change with the atmosphere of the program.

- Accountability is an issue. There needs to be more action rather than talk, in the locker room and in the coaches' offices. If anything, there probably actually needs to be an airing of grievances among coaches and players in a team meeting. What's happening now is not constructive and is bordering on cancerous.
A ****show

Is his brother leaving the team or staying on like malek young did to coach and get his degree?
He's staying I mean thats what makes this team a family. No matter who or how long they're with thr program they're never forgotten or looked down on so he'll be on the sideline next to Dugans and I wouldn't be surprised if they make a TD chain with him giving it to the offensive players just like Maleks doing now

I’ll add that MAR has to be really impressed with how our staff handled the whole AR2 injury situation. For weeks they took the public heat of rampant speculation while doing their medical due diligence to ensure that this really was a career ending injury.

Impressive how they were able to keep the whole thing under wraps to protect AR2 future NFL career in the event that this was something that didn’t end his career. No one outside of the staff had any inclination that this was going on. That has to go along way with MAR. Especially with all the rumors coming out of Auburn and their toxic situation.

Advertisement
Malzahn won't get fired (he should) but it's going to be so nasty and vicious when AU loses a minimum of 4 games that it's going to be hard for Auburn to hold onto or sign anyone that isn't a die hard Auburn fan. The ONLY thing that's keeping Malzahn safe this year imo is the 32 million dollar buyout. I once thought there was a good chance that Richards was heading to Auburn but not anymore. It's going to get really ugly down there really soon.

Einhorst and Shalala’s decision to extend Fat Al Golden pales in comparison to Auburn’s dumbass decision to extend Malazhan. He was a loss away from possibly getting fired and not even making it to win that Georgia game last year. The team goes on a run, and they give the guy a huge raise and 7 year extension worth close to 50 million. He’s 49-24 at Auburn and getting paid like he’s Saban or Meyer. It’s ******* hilarious. I love it.

Einhorst and Shalala’s decision to extend Fat Al Golden pales in comparison to Auburn’s dumbass decision to extend Malazhan. He was a loss away from possibly getting fired and not even making it to win that Georgia game last year. The team goes on a run, and they give the guy a huge raise and 7 year extension worth close to 50 million. He’s 49-24 at Auburn and getting paid like he’s Saban or Meyer. It’s ******* hilarious. I love it.

Definitely one of the dumbest decisions ever. Then he (well Sexton) actually held the Arkansas job over their heads. Auburn may not be the greatest job on the face of the Earth, but if the coach is even entertaining thoughts of leaving Auburn to go to Arkansas (home be damned), then he's probably not the right coach for the program any **** way. (That's what I would have told Malzahn's agent) LOL

Advertisement
Down goes Auburn, that cant hurt us. Any idea who might be on Auburn's list should Gus be fired? Seems like the whole SEC are Saban guys, maybe they go that direction?

Down goes Auburn, that cant hurt us. Any idea who might be on Auburn's list should Gus be fired? Seems like the whole SEC are Saban guys, maybe they go that direction?

He is owed $32M if they were to fire him after this year. He ain’t going nowhere.

Advertisement
Back