Mark A Richards

Auburn is one loss away from getting rid of Gus. 2 and it’s chaos down there. He won’t want to join then.

Advertisement
I haven't seen what you've seen. Sure they'll let him play rb but in an offense that is horrible and sure he showed them some praise before but nothing for me has shown he's down on us other then paranoia that he won't get a chance here at rb which I've never thought would be true

I really hope Richt is selling him on getting him on campus and letting it get figured out then. He can use Dallas as an example. Dallas even tried DB at Paradise camp and then WR, now RB. Just not sure Richt selling that is better than Malzahn selling he will be his #1 offensive target and showing him what he has done with Kerry Johnson, Peyton Barber etc... at RB.

Advertisement
So Kerryon Johnson and Peyton Barber vs...Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Todd Gurley, Knowshon Moreno and who else? Richt’s RB’s think so highly of him that one of them (TB) is now his assistant coach and right hand man. If MAR doesn’t see that, it’s like JJ Weaver not seeing the lineage of d-lineman from Miami vs Kentucky. Just not comparable.

I really hope Richt is selling him on getting him on campus and letting it get figured out then. He can use Dallas as an example. Dallas even tried DB at Paradise camp and then WR, now RB. Just not sure Richt selling that is better than Malzahn selling he will be his #1 offensive target and showing him what he has done with Kerry Johnson, Peyton Barber etc... at RB.
Malzahn is going to get destroyed by the Puppies and Baga so good chance he's fired, CMR has led with him playing on both sides for months and now more so at rb which he has a rich history with. Now the serious aspect I just can't see him saying no when he can come play for his brother who let's be real will be on the sidelines anyway he can. I for one can't see him saying no considering every factor

Advertisement

Richt got Anquan to FSU by telling him he can start at QB if he wants. He also told him they would not force a position change, that the decision would remain his, even if he didn’t win the job at QB (which everyone knew he wouldn’t).

Malzahn is going to get destroyed by the Puppies and Baga so good chance he's fired, CMR has led with him playing on both sides for months and now more so at rb which he has a rich history with. Now the serious aspect I just can't see him saying no when he can come play for his brother who let's be real will be on the sidelines anyway he can. I for one can't see him saying no considering every factor

No one in his way at Auburn as far as the depth chart. Here he has Homer(I don’t think he goes pro) Dallas, Lingard, Davis, Crowley. That is extremely deep.

No one in his way at Auburn as far as the depth chart. Here he has Homer(I don’t think he goes pro) Dallas, Lingard, Davis, Crowley. That is extremely deep.
How confident is he in his abilities? He’s ranked higher than all of does guys coming out except lingurad? Is he gonna come show that or us he gonna fold? True champions are built through competition. Alabama has a couple of defenders that will get drafted high this spring and neither saw any true playing time till this year.

Advertisement

I think blue chip RBs (and their “advisors”) are getting smarter. Position is different than almost any other in terms of wear and tear and risk of injury. Better to be in a platoon situation than getting Wisconsined and taking years off your NFL useful life.

Homer is gone this year if he’s smart. He’s made for NFL, will absolutely make a roster, and should get started on his first contract rather than risking injury. Richt doesn’t play favorites. Richards will have every chance to compete for time. Richt has a history of running back by committee. And in his offense, lots of carries to go around.

Except he should think he can jump everybody and even id he doesnt you're a rb don't use your body up in college so go where its deep and by your junior year take **** over and skyrocket in the draft

Advertisement
Burns is a low key stud.

I left him off the list because I haven’t seen him do anything yet. Even in mop up time this year Richt has played Cam and Lingard more. Not sure where Burns fits into this roster unless he takes over for Choc next year as the bruiser.

Someone just show MAR this, this is from AU’s MOD on 247...

I was going to save some of this for 3 things I know, 3 things I think on Wednesday, but why wait?

Below are a few items I'm hearing from inside the locker room and others close to the program. If you don't want to hear some bad news, look away. I'm not hearing a lot of positive things inside the locker room, so click away if you'd rather go along your day without hearing what players are thinking in private.

- There is animosity in the locker room. Some defensive players have not been fans of Jarrett Stidham for nearly a year, and while that's not affecting play, obviously, the locker room features a lot of quiet corners, if that makes sense. Some players are playing for themselves, though the defense has managed to come together unit by unit, and are held together by Deshaun Davis and Marlon Davidson. The offense isn't the only unit with issues with chemistry, so I want to make that clear, and so did one of my sources.

- Chip Lindsey calls the plays and they're filtered through Gus Malzahn. Simple. Players know it and they think it's strange, leading to some unfavorable opinions of the head coach among players on both sides of the ball.

- Right or wrong, some players don't like Jarrett Stidham's happy, go-lucky attitude. He was smiling wide and skipping around outside the locker room after the game, prompting some parents and players to shake their head and grumble. Stidham is disconnected from the team, save for a few close friends, and a lot of the defensive players are not happy with him, his performances and his attitude. He shows leadership on game days, but the players don't see a killer instinct and his words ring hollow to several offensive players, and it's bothering the defensive players from afar.

- Several players are discussing departures after this season. Malzahn is being criticized privately by a handful of players inside the locker room, which isn't uncommon for any program, but the whispers are audible grumbles this season -- and have been for most of the year.

- Several receivers are frustrated with Stidham. Several offensive linemen want to leave if they believe they can be drafted in the middle rounds of the NFL Draft, but inserting my own opinion here, who exactly is going to be drafted from that offensive line?

- Simply put, there's dissension, albeit quiet, but it's growing and it's clouding the thoughts and actions of players at practice and on game days. There's not a player on offense everyone turns to for guidance, and while the offensive line has been an absolute mess, Stidham has done himself no favors in the eyes of the players.

- Malzahn is unaware of these opinions in his own locker room.

Again, that's what's happening in the locker room. I'm just sharing what I've been told by several people. I'm not taking sides and I'm certainly not altering what is being told to me.

My thoughts:

- I'll be surprised if Chip Lindsey doesn't look for a way out after this season.

- Several players will leave the program if something drastic doesn't change with the atmosphere of the program.

- Accountability is an issue. There needs to be more action rather than talk, in the locker room and in the coaches' offices. If anything, there probably actually needs to be an airing of grievances among coaches and players in a team meeting. What's happening now is not constructive and is bordering on cancerous.

Is his brother leaving the team or staying on like malek young did to coach and get his degree?

Advertisement
Back