Votes: 67 25.1%
  • I still want someone different

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I’m in wait and see mode. But not angry

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Should have kept Manny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fickle was my number one, but that was always a pipe dream. When the choices basically came down to Mario or lane I was all in on Mario.

I think lane would have had decent on field success here but that’s not all this program needed. Even with the resources that Mario has at his disposal I doubt lane would have approached even a fraction of what Mario has built so far.

Advertisement
No way Kiffin would've had the impact Mario has had in this short of time....not to mention there was Zero chance he would have been hired at UM.....

I went back and forth at the end honestly I'd have said 1. Freeze, 2a Mario 2b Kiffin interchangeable.

Though all along I knew Freeze would never even be considered and Mario would be the choice from the beginning.

Lane was my clear #1 but I will support Mario 100% as long as he’s here, and I believe he will get this thing turned around

I was of the opinion that Mario wasn't good enough...and we wouldn't pony up for better facilities and a killer staff...I was wrong. I've said this before but his in game coaching isn't great, but hopefully he's surrounded himself with better coaches and players to make up for that.

Wanted Lane because of what he would do with our offense, but failed to see what Mario would do from a big picture perspective.

Lane would have been great for a short window but would just be a band-aid on the program.

Can’t believe I didn’t want Mario after seeing what he’s already done the last few months.
Same thing for me. Looking back on it, I don't know if anyone other than Mario could have gotten the school to make the commitment to Athletics the way Mario has. Truly a perfect storm of things to happen to get us back where we want to be.

Advertisement
I'm in wait and see mode but things are definitely much better and I have no complaints. The only thing I will point out is that we all know Mario is a **** of a recruiter, alot of my concern is on the field. Losing to lesser teams is a trend that Mario and the Canes have to break.

I hope that Mario is so successful that he stays for 20 years. By then I'll be long dead and won't care who the next coach is.

I'm in wait and see mode but things are definitely much better and I have no complaints. The only thing I will point out is that we all know Mario is a **** of a recruiter, alot of my concern is on the field. Losing to lesser teams is a trend that Mario and the Canes have to break.
Losing to lesser teams??....He Won 2 Pac12 titles...beating teams just as good. Yeah he lost to Utah twice...and??...Utah wasn't Louisiana Tech or FIU.....Those Utah teams would've beat Diaz's UM teams alot worse...

Advertisement
No way Kiffin would've had the impact Mario has had in this short of time....not to mention there was Zero chance he would have been hired at UM.....
Not only that, but the big money crowd wasn't going to invest like they currently are with Lane. They are all in making Mario successful. Yes, it is personal and sometimes that is more than fine.

Last edited:
Losing to lesser teams??....He Won 2 Pac12 titles...beating teams just as good. Yeah he lost to Utah twice...and??...Utah wasn't Louisiana Tech or FIU.....Those Utah teams would've beat Diaz's UM teams alot worse...
The knock on Mario is game day coaching and his coordinators whether justified or not. We have Steele and Gattis and position coaches with extensive experience and analysts all over the place. This staff blows away his staff at Oregon and it rivals anyone's in the nation and that includes Tuscaloosa.

Reality is the Columbus Mafia and Our two fighter's in the U Admin were the ones that flipped the script to make Mario take a serious look at our U.

Mario had the know how but needed the horsepower and $$$'s to put his team together.

This staff is so hot that few teams can even come close in experience and expertise.

Mario brought the money to make everything happen, and stepped up for the best in spending it. Hence one of the best ever assembled in College football.

Voted I wasn’t sure about Mario. Think he’s doing a phenomenal job and am waiting for us to stop talking about the divide once a week.

Advertisement
This site is great to express EVERYONES opinions which is great. With that being said, there is a reason Mario left to go to Bama after Golden hired him within a few weeks. He knows a fraud when he sees it. Between him and big Lou, they understand our animal. No bologna here, work or gtfo.

Semper Canes!!!

The knock on Mario is game day coaching and his coordinators whether justified or not. We have Steele and Gattis and position coaches with extensive experience and analysts all over the place. This staff blows away his staff at Oregon and it rivals anyone's in the nation and that includes Tuscaloosa.

Advertisement
The financial investment is a bigger game changer than the coach.
Without that investment we would've been in the same position as the past four coaches.

I clicked on this thread, saw someone said they wanted Luke Fickell instead of Mario, and immediately hit that Grandpa Simpson GIF.

Deuces.
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Homer works here too..
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
Back